Welcome to Wikiquote, the free compendium of quotations! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikiquote, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires you to provide no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link.
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in formal votes and elections, and on pages like votes for deletion
Please also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
Click here to create an account.
Hi there. Noticed that you left a cleanup tag on Susannah Constantine's page. What exactly needs to be cleaned up, as I didn't see a note left of the talk page. Many thanks. 18.104.22.168 18:12, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- After doing some minor format tweaks, I placed a cleanup tag because many of the quotes aren't properly sourced and tagged, and I did not have time to properly divide them up and sort them into the normal "Sourced" and "Unsourced" categories. Normally sourced quotes should be arranged chronologically, and unsourced ones alphabetically by first word. ~ Kalki 18:19, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
Ah I see! It's my fault, what I've done is I've used the same source for more than one citation, but instead of pasting the URL like four times, I've just written the author from the quote that is stated above. What should I do if I want to use the source more than once? Many thanks for your quick reply! 22.214.171.124 18:24, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- If there are more than 1 or 2 quotations from a single source one could create a section heading for that source, and place that as a sub-heading within and below the general "sourced" quotes. These sections should also be chronologically arranged; otherwise a full citation for each quote should be used. ~ Kalki 18:29, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
So if I just have a sources section and put the quotes in chronological order, it should be OK, I think? 126.96.36.199 18:37, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- It will probably be acceptable. I will probably review it later, and do what further cleanup might be proper. I will be leaving soon, and might not be back for a few hours. ~ Kalki 18:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
That would be great if you could do what remaining cleanup is needed. I did do some more but User:UDScott has placed another cleanup tag on the article, so clearly my edits were not enough. If I could see the article as it should be, I can create more Wikiquote pages to supplement my work on Wikipedia. 188.8.131.52 11:36, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- I formatted the page into a standard Wikiquote layout, with citations of sources immediately below quotes or section headings for specific works. Footnote citations for quotations are not encourage here, though they have been creeping in due to their extensive use on Wikipedia. ~ Kalki 15:28, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's numerical w:IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.