Hello, Slac, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Enjoy! --Aphaia 00:11, 28 May 2005 (UTC)
Standard summary field when fixing Spam Vandals?
- Hey, Jeffq. That was cool how we both went after that spam vandal (and pretty funny that you just blocked yourself). But, I have a question. Is there a shortcut to automatically format the summary field like (Reverted edit of Bjgyg, changed back to last version by 18.104.22.168) or do you type it out manually? --Slac 05:05, 5 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Yeah, not one of my better sysop moments. ☺ Sysops get a "block" link in "Recent changes" that creates that edit summary message. We don't do anything but fill in the block period and reason; the entire message is autogenerated. (I think my accidental self-blocking happened because that link apparently blocks the last person to edit the page, and I clicked it after I'd reverted the vandalism. I remember seeing my own ID in the user field, though, so it's still my own foolishness.) I don't know another way to generate the "reverted edit" message, other than manually. (Keep up the spam reversions, though, and contribute to other maintenance activity, and you may find yourself nominated for sysophood. That's one way. ☺) — Jeff Q (talk) 05:18, 5 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Hi, would you preview your edit before saving? It helps you to finding tweaks before saving, and saving one article in many times. Also it is helpful for other editors because if you condense your some edits into one, "Recentchanges" becomes more visible, and more user-friendly. If you use Monobook skin, the preview botton is available at the right of save bottn ("Show preview"). Thanks. --Aphaia 04:54, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Hi, welcome to VfD, and thank you for sharing us your opinion. I am not sure if it is really good to have such a colleciton, but in generaly, yes, it is our goal to provide readers with a good and interest collections of quotations, and now what it is interest and hense deserves an article is at the stake. I think, therefore, either you are wrong or right, it is very helpful for us to know what you think to build up the better policies which realize our goal and ideals.
By the way, you are working on Plato, and I appreciate you on it, too. If you could add also some quotes from Symposion or Phaedros, or Apology, you will make at least me very happy (I regretfully have no good English translation like Loeb for now). --Aphaia 17:07, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)