- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
- Thanks for the welcome! Smee 17:06, 24 January 2007 (UTC).
Are there "notability" requirements and the like for creating new quote pages on individuals and/or topics on Wikiquote, as similar to Wikipedia? Smee 23:12, 18 June 2007 (UTC).
- Yes. In fact, they're pretty much the same. Much of Wikiquote practice is based on Wikipedia policy and guidelines, with most of our policy pages created to provide specific Wikiquote variations on general Wikimedia practices. As the opening sentence of our Main Page states, we collect quotes "from notable people and creative works" (emphasis mine). One factor that helps us determine notability, as it does for Wikipedia, is insisting on reliable sources for quotes. Those sources help demonstrate notability (although they aren't necessarily proof of this admittedly fluid concept). We consider sourcing so important that we split most articles into "Sourced" and "Unsourced" to physically separate properly sourced quotes from the others. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 02:31, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- Okay, thank you. Smee 04:37, 20 June 2007 (UTC).