Warm Springs (film)
Warm Springs is a 2005 television movie about American President Franklin D. Roosevelt's struggle with polio, his discovery of the Warm Springs, Georgia spa town resort and his work to turn it into a center for the aid of polio victims, and his resumption of his political career.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt 
- [on his plans to run for office] When I can walk, I'll run.
Jake Perini 
- "There but for the grace of God," they say, as if our bodies were who we are. Well it's not: our souls are who we are, only they don't know it.
Helena Mahoney 
- Franklin, I can't help you out of a hole if I climb in with you.
- [FDR is about to make a speech.]
- Louis Howe: What's the matter?
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: What if I fall?
- Louis Howe: If you fall, you just get up again.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: If I fall in front of thousands of people, I'll lose everything... except their pity. They'll never see past my legs.
- Eleanor Roosevelt: My darling, they'll never see past your legs... until you do.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: [on first arriving at Warm Springs] This place should be condemned!
- Tom Loyless: We have seen better times. But then, I imagine, so have you.
- Helena Mahoney: I feel like I've been brought here under false pretenses.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Join the club.
- Louis Howe: Why are you a Democrat?
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: The Democratic Party is the party of the people, and I'm a man of the people.
- Louis Howe: You're a Roosevelt. Since when does a Roosevelt know about people?
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: You never pitied me, Tom. Thank you for that.
- Tom Loyless: On the contrary; I envy you.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Don't talk to me as if I were a child!
- Eleanor Roosevelt: How am I supposed to talk to you?
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Like I was!
- Eleanor Roosevelt: I don't know how to any more.
- [last lines]
- Reporter: Mrs. Roosevelt, do you think that polio has affected your husband's mind?
- Eleanor Roosevelt: [smiling] Yes, I do! I certainly do!
- Kenneth Branagh- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Cynthia Nixon- Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Kathy Bates- Helena Mahoney.
- Tim Blake Nelson- Tom Loyless.
- Jane Alexander- Sara Delano Roosevelt.
- David Paymer- Louis McHenry Howe.