You Only Live Twice (film)
(Redirected from You Only Live Twice)
You Only Live Twice is a 1967 film, the the fifth film in the James Bond series, about Agent 007 and the Japanese secret service ninja force who must find and stop the true culprit of a series of spacejackings before nuclear war is provoked.
- [about to make love to Helga Brandt] Oh the things I do for England.
- [Coded message to headquarters after being waylaid by attack helicopters] Little Nelly got a hot reception. Four big shots made improper advances toward her, but she defended her honour with great success.
- [James is in bed with a Ling, a Chinese woman]
- Bond: Why do Chinese girls taste different from all other girls?
- Ling: You think we better, huh?
- Bond: No, just different. Like Peking duck is different from Russian caviar. But I love them both.
- Ling: Darling, I give you very best duck.
- Miss MoneyPenny: Oh, by the way, how was the girl?
- Bond: [turns the lamp towards her, interrogation style] Which girl?
- Moneypenny: The... uh... Chinese one we set you up with?
- Bond: Another few minutes and I would have found out.
- Tiger Tanaka: Permit me to introduce myself. I am Tanaka. Please call me Tiger.
- Bond: If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me?
- Tanaka: [the code response] I... love you.
- Bond: Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way.
- [Bond is in a hot tub with Tiger Tanaka and four beautiful Japanese girls.]
- Tiger Tanaka: In Japan, men come first. Women come second.
- Bond: Really? I may just retire to here.
- [A car chasing Aki and Bond gets picked up by Tanaka's helicopter and gets dropped into the ocean.]
- Tiger Tanaka: How is that for Japanese efficiency?
- Bond: Just a drop in the ocean.
- [Tiger is showing Bond a shooting cigarette.]
- Tiger: It can save your life, this cigarette.
- Bond: You sound like a commercial.
- [Blofeld has summoned Osato and Helga Brandt to his office]
- Blofeld: An unknown Englishman was in your office the other day.
- Mr. Osato: Correct, Number One.
- Blofeld: [shows X-ray image of a pistol] Do you know what gun this is?
- Mr. Osato: [smugly] Walther PPK.
- Blofeld: Only one person we know uses this sort of gun. James Bond.
- Mr. Osato: [startled] But Bond is dead!
- Helga Brandt: It was in all the newspapers!
- Blofeld: Rubbish. Bond is alive, unless you killed him, Mr. Osato. Don't tell me you let him go.
- Mr. Osato: I gave Number 11 the strictest orders to eliminate him!
- Blofeld: And did she?
- Mr. Osato: She failed!
- Helga Brandt: [to Osato] You should have killed him yourself! You had plenty of opportunity!
- Blofeld: This organization does not tolerate failure.
- Mr. Osato: I know, but do you see, I...
- Blofeld: GO! [sees Osato cross a bridge and leaves room; to Helga] Well? [Helga starts across. Blofeld hits a pedal that causes the bridge bottom to drop out, sending her into the piranha-filled water]
- Helga: Aaaah! Osato! Saaaave...[disappears from sight as piranhas kill her to the shock of Osato and two Chinese emissaries]
- Blofeld: [addressing Osato as bridge closes back up] Kill Bond! Now!
- Mr. Osato: Yes, Number One! Yes. Yes, yes.
- Blofeld: James Bond. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ernst Stavro Blofeld. They told me you were assassinated in Hong Kong.
- Bond: Yes, this is my second life.
- Blofeld: You only live twice, Mr. Bond.
- Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond.
- You Only Live Twice...and "TWICE" is the only way to live!
- Sean Connery - James Bond
- Akiko Wakabayashi - Aki
- Mie Hama - Kissy Suzuki
- Tetsuro Tamba - Tiger Tanaka
- Teru Shimada - Mr. Osato
- Karin Dor - Helga Brandt
- Donald Pleasence - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- Bernard Lee - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q