Zell Miller (born February 24, 1932) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending. I want Bush to decide.
- Speech given at the Republican National Convention, New York, September 1, 2004.
- I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.
- To Chris Matthews on Hardball after his speech at the 2004 RNC, September 1, 2004.
- My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend. …In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so. John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment.
- Introducing John Kerry at Georgia's Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, March 2001[specific citation needed]
- My mouth ain't no prayer book.
- I’m southern born, and southern bred, and when I die, I’ll be southern dead.
- Following death of former Democratic Georgia state House Speaker Tom Murphy in December 2007. Zell Miller: Murphy death ends era of individual power player | ajc.com
- I've never seen a poor man who gave a rich man a job but I've seen plenty of rich men that gave poor men jobs.
- I found a den of copperheads under my porch and I found the nearest hoe and killed them all. Those copperheads were threatening my home and my family and that's just what we need to do to the terrorists... just like those copperheads I'd just cut their heads off and kill them, dead. Just like that.
- October 5, 2006 in Salt Lake City on the war in Iraq.[specific citation needed]
- How could this great land of plenty produce too few people in the last 30 years?
- Miller asked in March 2007 during a fund-raiser in Macon, Georgia, for Sav-A-Life Care Center, a crisis pregnancy center. Sav A Life Care Center > Home
- Here is the brutal truth that no one dares to mention: We’re too few because too many of our babies have been killed. Over 45 million since Roe v. Wade in 1973.” "If those 45 million children had lived, today they would be defending our country, they would be filling our jobs, they would be paying into Social Security. Still, we watch as 3,700 babies are killed every single day in America. It is unbelievable that a nation under God would allow this.
- I say bomb the hell out of them. If there's collateral damage, so be it. They certainly found our civilians to be expendable.
- Speech on Senate floor shorty after attacks against U.S. on September 11, 2001. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B04E4DC1038F930A2575AC0A9679C8B63; http://youtube.com/watch?v=WZvt1tmRImU (at end of video)
- Lyndon Johnson is a Southerner who sold his birthright for a mess of dark pottage.
- During his 1964 Congressional race. History News Network
- If the education President gets another term, even our children won't be able to spell potato.
- If the law and order President gets another term, the criminals will run wild because our Commander-in-Chief talks like Dirty Harry but acts like Barney Fife.
- If the environmental President gets another term, the fish he'll catch off of Kennebunkport will have three eyes. And folks after January, George Bush is gonna have plenty of time to go fishin'.
- We've got a race between an aristocrat, an autocrat, and a democrat [applause]. I know who I'm for.
- We can't all be born rich, handsome, and lucky; and that's why we have a Democratic Party.
- At the 1992 Democratic National Convention.[specific citation needed]