Zero Day (film)
Zero Day (film) is a 2003 American film directed by Ben Coccio about a school shooting much along the lines of the Columbine High School massacre.
- We officially, declare war.
- If you think about it, anybody who's done anything like this in the past has had a website up, or they've done something stupid to attract attention to themselves- mostly that's all they wanted, was attention. We're not like that. See, these people, they didn't understand that if you didn't have a hit list with people's names on them, they wouldn't come down on you like, gang rape in a maximum security prison. You gotta take a minute and you gotta think about things. If you're doing something like this, it's a military procedure; that's why we're the Army of Two and not the group of assholes with guns!
- When our parents find these tapes, they're gonna think, "Oh, they were right down there in the basement. We could've known, we could've stopped them." It's not your fault, we love you. Could you blame anyone for not noticing? I mean, who's gonna want to think they're brother, their son, their student, their employee, their peer- is gonna do something like this? There are no reasons and you're all gonna look for 'em but you're not gonna find 'em!
- We're not trying to waste anyone's lives. We're trying to make people realize what they should value.
- Twenty gauge, double-barreled shotgun. [Goes through the process of loading the shotgun] Now, in the time I've done that, three football players have tackled me and bashed my head in with a chair. Not good!
- Life isn't fair, so we gotta even the score a little.
- [Finding a student in hiding] Hey, look! It's another guy behind the couch! [The student appears to say nothing; Andre mockingly imitates disappointment] Nothing? Not even a "Help me, please help me!"? [Shoots the student several times]
- We acted alone. We obtained the weapons alone. And nobody knew that we were going to do this.
- We're gonna leave you all behind. Just sticks in the mud that Andre and I have made. We're gonna walk away.
- [Sarcastic, gesturing towards the high school] These are the best years of your life!
- Our original plan was that Zero Day would be on zero degrees, but that only happened once because it was so warm this winter, and that was the day that Andre had diarrhea. So we set a date, yeah- May first. It was kind of interesting how we thought, like, you know, fate was gonna decide when this happened. But, in a way May first is fate too.
- When we started, you know, Andre and I had this plan that we were gonna do this to our school and jump in the getaway car, and go from state to state- do the same thing. And, uh, Andre may not realize this, but that's not gonna happen at all. I'm comin' out in a black plastic bag.
- [Walking into a room] HEY EVERYBODY!
- [Pointing at a dead student] Look at that blood!
- [Standing on top of a table, yelling at a terrified student] SHUT UP! SHUT UP!
- You know, I hate to be the guy to break it to you, on the eighteenth birthday of all days, but, life isn't always fair, you know?
- Cal: You know, in medieval times, if someone insulted you, you took your sword out, and you dueled them, and you killed them.
- Andre: And make no mistake, we've been insulted. Now it's time for the duel.
- [Just before Andre and Cal head into the school]
- Andre: Dude, I want you to know, like- I couldn't have done this with anyone else. Like, I don't know what would've happened to me if-if we hadn't been friends.
- Cal: I don't think that, uh, I could've done this with anyone else, either.
- Andre: [After a brief pause] Ready?
- Cal: Aim.
- Andre: Let's get this shit done. Let's kick the tires and light the fires.
- [During the shooting, Andre and Cal find another student hiding behind a couch]
- Andre: It's Greg! Greg, sit down, man! Relax.
- Greg: Please don't hurt me, sir!
- Andre: [Laughs] Sir! I like that.
- Cal: [Chuckles] He called you sir!
- Andre: [To Greg] I can't kill you; you're too pathetic. [Starting to walk away] You're gonna live today, man. You're gonna live!
- [Cal starts to follow Andre, then suddenly turns and shoots Greg several times. Andre shrugs.]
- [Watching police arrive outside]
- Andre: Look out the window. That is a lotta fuckin' cops. C'mon, let's go get a couple.
- Cal: No.
- Andre: C'mon, let's go!
- Cal: I'm done.
- Andre: Why- how are you done?
- Cal: Andre, you're done.
- Andre: I'm not- I don't- I'm not done.
- Cal: It's all right, we'll just... would you rather get shot by the cops, or, by yourself?
- Andre: Guess you're right.
- Cal: You guess or you know?
- Andre: I know. You're right.
- [After loading their weapons, Andre and Cal kneel side by side.]
- Cal: One, two-
- Andre: Wait. I can't do it. I just can't do it.
- Cal: Andre-
- Andre: I can't do it.
- Cal: You don't have to think about it.
- [They argue for a few minutes, then agree to fire upon counting to three.]
- Andre: One, two, three-
- [Andre and Cal fire, one just after the other]