(Redirected from Abominable)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
- The earth we inhabit is an error, an incompetent parody. Mirrors and paternity are abominable because they multiply and affirm it.
- Jorge Luis Borges, in "Hakim, the Masked Dyer of Merv", in A Universal History of Iniquity (1935); tr. Andrew Hurley, Collected Fictions (1998); Cf. Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius (1940).
- One of the heresiarchs of Uqbar had stated that mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of man.
- We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves.
- It is an abomination to my king.
- Compare not thyself with others, but with Me. If thou dost not find Me in those with whom thou comparest thyself, thou comparest thyself to one who is abominable.
- The wasting of time is an abomination to the spirit... When riches are gained, follow desire, for riches will not profit if one is sluggish.
- Coveting and spying are abominations to Ninurta.