(Redirected from Anti-poverty)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This economics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A sound anti-poverty strategy should not only aim to increase incomes, but also provide the poor with a variety of assets — personal, social, political and environmental to help them overcome human poverty.
- Raja Chelliah and R. Sudarshan. Income-poverty and Beyond: Human Development in India. Anthem Press. 1999. p. 193. ISBN 978-1-84331-001-3.
- If farmers become weak the country loses self-reliance but if they are strong, freedom also becomes strong. If we do not maintain our progress in agriculture, poverty cannot be eliminated from India. But our biggest poverty alleviation programme is to improve the living standard of our farmers. The thrust of our poverty alleviation programmes is on the uplift of the farmers.
- Rajiv Gandhi, Inagural Speech at the 25th National Convention of the Bharat Krishak Samaj, Hyderabad, 15 February 1988. Transcript at Selected Speeches and Writings: 1 January 1988-31 December 1988. Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. 1989. p. 180. . Quoted in Memorable Quotes from Rajiv Gandhi and on Rajiv Gandhi. Concept Publishing Company. 2009. p. 25. ISBN 978-81-8069-587-2.
- It is almost enough to make one's jaw drop to think that officials at the World Bank and the IMF would suggest that they have poverty alleviation in mind when they force governments to withdraw subsidies that enable poor people to get clean water to drink. If this is a policy aimed at helping the world's poor, it's interesting to imagine what a policy aimed at hurting the world's poor would look like.
- Linda McQuaig, All You Can Eat: Greed, Lust and the New Capitalism (2001)
- Developing country
- Economic inequality
- Poverty in India
- Poverty in the United States
- Poverty in Uganda
- Redistribution of income and wealth
- Social inequality
- Social justice
- Social security
- Social work
Wikibooks has a book on the topic of
- United Nations Rule of Law: Poverty Reduction, on the relationship between poverty reduction, the rule of law and the United Nations.
- The Life You Can Save – Acting Now to End World Poverty
- "Educate a Woman, You Educate a Nation" – South Africa Aims to Improve its Education for Girls WNN – Women News Network. 28 August 2007. Lys Anzia
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development and Poverty Reduction: The Potential of Telecommunications Edited by Maximo Torero and Joachim von Braun (2006), Johns Hopkins University Press