Birds of Prey (2020 film)
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) is a 2020 American superhero action film based on the DC Comics superhero team, Birds of Prey, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [narrating a cartoony animation of her origins] They say "If you want to tell a story right, you gotta start at the beginning". [a sperm cell is shown entering an oval cell] Too far? Fine. This is me, Harleen Quinzel. When I was a kid, my dad traded me for a six-pack of beer, but however many times he tried to ditch me, I kept coming back. Eventually, he found me a new home; the good sisters of St. Bernadette's taught me a lot. But I was never an "establishment" kinda gal. All things considered, I did good. I even went to college, got my Ph.D., Had my heart broken once or twice; finding love, it's not easy. So I threw myself into my work, became a psychiatrist. That's when I met him – Mister J, my Joker! Oh, I fell hard – like "out of a plane without a parachute, right on your dumb buckskin face" kinda hard! I lost all sense of who I was, I only had eyes for Pudding. We all know the saying: "Behind every successful man, there's a badass broad". Well, that was me! I was the brains behind some of Mister J's greatest stunts! Not that he let anyone know it. I guess all good things have to come to an end. So... we broke up.
- I know the East End better than anybody. You want this diamond back? I'm your gal. Mister J once lost a rare photograph of a nude Eleanor Roosevelt, and I found it in a bird's nest in Robinson Park!
- He's after all of us. [re: Cassandra] The kid just robbed him. [to Canary] You betrayed him. [to Huntress] You killed his BFF. [to Montoya] And you're dumb enough to be building a case against him. So, unless we all want to die very unpleasant deaths, and let Roman go finger-fishing through the kid's intestinal tract, we're going to have to work together.
- Aren't you glad you wore that? Sexy and bulletproof!
- Here's the thing, Romy, baby. Your "protection" is based on the fact that people are scared of you. Just like they're scared of Mister J. But I'm the one they should be scared of. Not you! Not Mister J! Because I'm Harley fucking Quinn!
- I want to kill you, because without the Joker around... I can. For all your noise and bluster, you're just a silly little girl with no one around to protect her.
- Friends! Brothers! Men of Gotham! I have funded you. I have protected you. I've scratched your backs and kept you out of jail. Well, now it's time to say thank you. Go show those little bitches you don't mess with Roman Sionis!
- [when picking up a grenade from Harley's chest of weapons] Dope.
- [to Harley, during the scene where she was held hostage by Black Mask, before revealing she put a grenade on him with the pin she held on her finger] I took your ring!
- Black Canary: Hey, nice. What the hell is up with this bow and arrow shtick?
- Huntress: It's not a fucking bow and arrow, it's a crossbow! I'm not twelve!
- Black Canary: [chuckling] I love this chick, she's got rage issues.
- Huntress: I DON'T HAVE RAGE ISSUES--!
- Harley Quinn: Y'know... psychologically speaking, vengeance rarely brings the catharsis we hope for.
- Black Canary: Yeah.
- Harley Quinn: Are we ready?
- Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Helena Bertinelli / Huntress
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Dinah Lance / Black Canary
- Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya
- Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz
- Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain
- Ali Wong as Ellen Yee
- Ewan McGregor as Roman Sionis / Black Mask