(Redirected from Blakey, Art)
- On a live performance: "If you feel like tapping your feet, tap your feet. If you feel like clapping your hands, clap your hands. And if you feel like taking off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball. So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside and come in here and swing."
- Source At the Jazz Corner of the World, Blue Note, 1959.
- ...so go on and play, and if you make a mistake, make it loud so you won't make it next time.
- Source "A Night in Tunisia".
Quotes about Art Blakey
- If Art Blakey's old-fashioned, I'm white.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|