Boogeyman is the 2005 horror film. It is about a man who had to face his fears of the boogeyman.
- Tim: Are you all right?
- Kate: Yeah. I think I just hit my head. He's never done that before.
- Tim: Do you wanna come in, put some ice on that?
- Kate: Sure.
- Tim: I saw you at the funeral.
- Kate: I wasn't sure you'd remember me. I'm real sorry about your mom.
- Tim: Yeah, me too.
- Kate: You got a girlfriend?
- Tim: Actually, yeah. Yeah, I do. How about you?
- Kate: Do I have a girlfriend? No. No, I don't.
- Tim: You know what I mean?
- Kate: No, I don't have a boyfriend. Just me and my dad. I'm sure some shrink could have a field day with that.
- Tim: You were at my mother's funeral, weren't you?
- Franny: My dad knew her.
- Tim: What's your name?
- Franny: Franny.
- Tim: So, Franny, wanna tell me why you're following me around?
- Franny: I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to ask you something.
- Tim: All right. [pause] Wanna ask me now?
- Franny: Is it true?
- Tim: Is what true?
- Franny: The Boogeyman took your dad?
- Tim: Look, I don't know where you heard that, but it's just a story. There's no such thing as the Boogeyman. I was trying to make sense of things. My dad left, I was upset. That's all that happened. Okay? It's late. Your parents will worry. Where do you live? I'll give you a ride.
- Franny: Next to the park. It's all right. I've got my own ride. [begins to leave.]
- Tim: Hey, Franny! [Franny stops and turns back] Count to five. When you're afraid, close your eyes and count to five. Sometimes it works for me.
- Franny: What happens when you get to six?
- [Franny leaves.]
- You thought it was a just a story... but it's real.
- Barry Watson - Tim
- Emily Deschanel - Kate
- Skye McCole Bartusiak - Franny
- Tory Mussett - Jessica
- Andrew Glover - Boogeyman
- Lucy Lawless - Tim's Mother
- Charles Mesure - Tim's Father