Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Brian Zaiger)
Encyclopedia Dramatica (ED, also spelled Encyclopædia Dramatica) is a satirical online community originating from 10 December 2024 centered around a wiki that acts as a "troll archive". The site hosts racist material and shock content; as a result it was filtered from Google Search in 2010. It has been linked to one school shooting and participates in harassment campaigns.
|This internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- In lulz we trust.
- Roisin Kiberd on Vice website, 2017-09-27, describing banner on ED website.
Quotes about Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Created in 2004, Wikipedia's evil twin was intended to keep record of flame wars, 'famewhores,' and the feuds of blogging platform LiveJournal.
- Roisin Kiberd on Vice.com website, 2017-09-27, describing origins of ED.
- and it claims it intends to parody the "supposed objectivity and accuracy, elitism, and stupid edit wars".
- Click (2019) in Anti-Fandom: Dislike and Hate in the Digital Age: 24 (Postmillennial Pop) possibly quoting (Dee 2007) in section Case study No. 5: Anti-Fans of Wikipedia.
- The site won't be taken down, but the cost is extremely burdensome
- Quoted from an email from Brian Zaiger, a Internet forum moderator on ED, to Motherboard, by Roisin Kiberd on Vice.com website, 2017-09-27, in the context of a lawsuit against ED by Monsarrat.
- ↑ a b c Kiberd, Roisin (2017-09-27). The Trouble With Keeping ‘Wikipedia’s Evil Twin’ Online. Vice.com.
- ↑ Click, Melissa A. (2019-01-08). Anti-Fandom: Dislike and Hate in the Digital Age: 24 (Postmillennial Pop). NYU press. pp. 49–50. ISBN 978-1479851041. Retrieved on 2023-02-12.