Bug is a 2007 film about a man, a loner, at first sweet and gentle, who holes up with his new girlfriend Agnes. He's a Gulf War veteran, and believes he's the victim of a government experiment, and the audience get to watch how he drags Agnes into his psychological world of madness.
- I'm not an axe murderer.
- Peter: I am the drone.
- Agnes: I am the mother queen.
- Agnes: You tried to kill me.
- Jerry Goss: That was a rough one, yeah. I was bad to drink back then.
- Agnes: Oh, back before you found God?
- Jerry Goss: Who was that boy up in here last night?
- Agnes: Have you been watching my place?
- Agnes: You don't sound like you're from Oklahoma.
- Peter: I'm from Beaver.
- Agnes: Well, we're all from beaver, ain't we?
- Peter: [on why he hasn't been with a woman for a long time] I just decided it wasn't worth it anymore.
- Agnes: What wasn't?
- Peter: You have a centre right? A place inside of you that's just you, that hasn't been spoiled... And I think it's really important to try and keep that space sacred. In some sense, on some level, but... sex or relationships cloud that space... or, they cloud me I guess, they make it difficult to be just me and not have to worry about... being somebody else. I sound like a big asshole, don't I.
- R.C.: Oh my God! You think an aphid did that?
- Peter: I know what did it to me!
- R.C.: Aphids can't bite!
- Peter: You know a lot about aphids?
- R.C.: No?
- Peter: Do you know anything about aphids?
- R.C.: No!
- Peter: We do.
- Paranoia is contagious.
- First they send in their drone... then they find their queen.
- They live in your blood... and they feed on your brain.
- Michael Shannon - Peter Evans
- Ashley Judd - Agnes White
- Harry Connick Jr. - Jerry Goss
- Lynn Collins - R.C.
- Brían F. O'Byrne - Dr. Sweet
- Bob Neill - pizza Harris
- Neil Bergeron - man in grocery store