Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (born Catherine Elizabeth Middleton on 9 January 1982), often called Kate, is the wife of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, their marriage having occured on 29 April 2011.
First post-engagement interview (2010)
- I think if you do go out with someone for quite a long time you do get to know each other very, very well. You go through the good times, you go through the bad times, both personally and within a relationship as well.
- I think, the people around home are very supportive to us and those are the people who really matter to us, our close friends and close family and I think if they feel you are doing the right thing you can only be true to yourself and you sort of have to ignore a lot of what's said, obviously take it on board, but you have to be yourself really and that's how I have stuck by it really.
- I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.
Quotes about Catherine
- Myself, I wish her well and also wish I could whisper to her: If you really love him, honey, get him out of there, and yourself, too. Many of us don't want or need another sacrificial lamb to water the dried bones and veins of a dessicated system. Do yourself a favor and save what you can: Leave the throne to the awful next incumbent that the hereditary principle has mandated for it.
- Christopher Hitchens, Beware the In-Laws: Does Kate Middleton really want to marry into a family like this?, Slate, April. 18, 2011