(Redirected from Created)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creation is the act of creating something.
- The Biblical words about the genesis of heaven and earth are not words of information but words of appreciation. The story of creation is not a description of how the world came into being but a song about the glory of the world's having come into being.
- Abraham Joshua Heschel, in The Wisdom of Heschel (1970), p. 150
- Man was created for the sole purpose of rejoicing in God and deriving pleasure from the splendor of His Presence; for this is true joy and the greatest pleasure that can be found.
- The genius is childlike. Like children he looks into the world as into a new creation and finds there a perennial source of wonder and delight.
- John Lancaster Spalding, Aphorisms and Reflections (1901), p. 27
- The nearest we approach God ... is as creative beings. The poet, by echoing the primary imagination, recreates. Through his work he forces those who read him to do the same, thus bringing them ... nearer to the actual being of God as displayed in action.
- R. S. Thomas, in The Penguin Book of Religious Verse (1963), p. 8
- Creation does not cease
just because there is darkness!