(Redirected from Demons)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Evil power disappears
Demons worry when the wizard is near
He turns tears into joy
Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by.
- Man's need of self-esteem entails the need for a sense of control over reality – but no control is possible in a universe which, by one's own concession, contains the supernatural, the miraculous and the causeless, a universe in which one is at the mercy of ghosts and demons, in which one must deal, not with the unknown, but with the unknowable; no control is possible if man proposes, but a ghost disposes; no control is possible if the universe is a haunted house.
- Nathaniel Branden, "Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice" (1963)
- May a cruel curse be uttered against the galla demon who has brought his hand against you.
- The demons have always effected that all those who ever so little strived to live by logos and shun vice be hated.
- Justin Martyr. Second Apology, in Readings in World Christian History (2013), p. 40
- I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too.