Diamonds Are Forever (film)
(Redirected from Diamonds Are Forever)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Guy Hamilton. Written by Richard Maibaum and Tom Mankiewicz, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
Bond is back...with a vengeance. taglines
- [after killing what appears to be Blofeld] Welcome to hell, Blofeld.
- [after flinging Mr. Wint with a bomb into the ocean] Well, he certainly left with his tails between the legs.
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- The satellite is at present over... Kansas. Well, if we destroy Kansas the world may not hear about it for years. Perhaps New York, with all that smut and traffic... might give them a chance for a fresh start. Washington, DC. Perfect. Since we have not heard from them, they will hear from us.
- Sir Donald Munger: Tell me, Commander, how far does your expertise extend into the field of diamonds?
- James Bond: Well, hardest substance found in nature, they cut glass, suggests marriage, I suppose it replaced the dog as the girl's best friend. That's about it.
- M: Refreshing to hear that there is one subject you're not an expert on!
- Bond: Anything you want me to bring you from Holland, Moneypenny?
- Moneypenny: A diamond...in a ring.
- Bond: Would you settle for a tulip? [He drives away]
- Moneypenny: [Longingly] Yes!
- [The corpse of Mrs. Whistler is seen being recovered from the River Amstel in Amsterdam - to the shock of a tour commentator]
- Mr. Kidd: [taking a photograph of the proceedings] Mrs. Whistler DID want some pictures of the canals for the children.
- Mr. Wint: How kind of you Mr. Kidd, the children will be so thrilled!
- [Bond has just paid in to join a craps game and gathered his chips, when...]
- Plenty O'Toole: Hi, I'm Plenty.
- James Bond: [looks at cleavage] But of course you are.
- O'Toole: Plenty O'Toole.
- Bond: Named after your father perhaps?
- [Plenty O'Toole is thrown out of the window and lands in the middle of the hotel's swimming pool]
- James Bond: [looking down] Exceptionally fine shot.
- Slumber Inc. Attendant: I didn't know there was a pool down there.
- [Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd have sealed Bond into a coffin and observe it rolling into the crematorium furnace at Slumber Inc.]
- Mr. Wint: Very......moving.
- Mr. Kidd: Heartwarming, Mr. Wint.
- Mr. Wint: A glowing tribute, Mr. Kidd!
- Tiffany Case: Listen, you can drop me off at the next corner. This whole thing is getting a little out of hand. No regrets, but when you start stealing moon machines from Willard Whyte, Good bye and Good Luck!
- James Bond: Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything.
- Case: Is he married? [after being pulled over by the sheriff; sarcastically] Relax, you've got a friend named Felix who can fix anything.
- Bond: Unfortunately, so can Willard Whyte.
- [Bond appears in the basement of the Whyte House, having been rendered unconscious by a gas trap in the elevator]
- Mr. Wint If at first you don't succeed, Mr. Kidd....
- Mr. Kidd Try, try again, Mr. Wint. [as they load Bond into the trunk of their car, to dump him in a pipe in the desert]
- Tiffany Case: Darling, why are we suddenly staying in the Newlywed Suite at the Whyte House?
- James Bond: In order to form a more perfect union.
- Tiffany Case: My God ..You've just killed James Bond!
- James Bond: [James Bond in disgust] Is that who it was? Well, it just proves no one's indestructible.
- [after James Bond kills what appears to be a double of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, his cat runs away as another cat with a diamond leash arrives with the real Blofeld]
- Blofeld: Right idea, Mr. Bond...
- Bond: ...but wrong pussy.
- "Diamonds Are Forever"...forever...forever...forever...
- Bond is back...with a vengeance.
- Bond is back...with the action.
- Bond is back...with the excitement.
- Bond is back...with the girls.
- The man who made 007 a household number
- Sean Connery - James Bond
- Jill St. John - Tiffany Case
- Charles Gray - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- Lana Wood - Plenty O'Toole
- Jimmy Dean - Willard Whyte
- Bruce Cabot - Albert R. 'Bert' Saxby
- Putter Smith - Mr. Kidd
- Bruce Glover - Mr. Wint
- Norman Burton - Felix Leiter
- Bernard Lee - M
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny