(Redirected from Differences)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Something different has the quality of not being the same as another thing, being distinct.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We leven allen verschillend en toch gelijk.
- We've looked and looked, but after all where are we?
Do we know any better where we are,
And how it stands between the night tonight
And a man with a smoky lantern chimney?
How different from the way it ever stood?
- Robert Frost, The Star-Splitter.
- I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle.
- Thomas Jefferson, inaugural address (March 4, 1801); in Andrew A. Lipscomb, ed., The Writings of Thomas Jefferson (1904), vol. 3, p. 319.
- If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?
- Unity isn't established by ignoring the differences between different groups, but by persuading everyone to take all the different struggles seriously.