Frank Herbert's Dune
(Redirected from Dune (TV miniseries))
- If history teaches us anything, it is simply this: every revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction. And empires that rise, will one day fall.
- Arrakis. Dune. Wasteland of the Empire, and the most valuable planet in the Universe. Because it is here and only here, where spice is found. Without the spice, there is no commerce in the empire, no civilization. Arrakis. Dune. Home of the Spice, most valuable treasure in the universe. And he who controls it, controls our destiny.
- Arrakis. Dune. Once the wasteland of the universe, now an imperial capitol. because it is here, and only here, where the giant worms still thrive; creating spice. Still the greatest treasure in the universe, still the never ending cause of conspiracy, betrayal and murder.
- History is written on the sands of Arrakis. One chapter has ended, swept away by the whirlwind. One door has closed, but another has opened, and on the other side, our future.
Emperor Shaddam IV
- Have you ever stared into the eyes of a religious fanatic, Baron? Suicide and martyrdom are often the same thing.
Duke Leto Atreides
- On Caladan we ruled by air and sea. On Arrakis, we need desert power.
- Knowing there is a trap is the first step in evading it.
- We are not the Harkonnens, you will be treated with respect here.
- There is no yield, this is to the death, boy!
- Sometimes it's better to miss an opportunity than to invite disaster.
- The future, Muad'Dib, just is.
- What do you see, Muad'Dib, when you go away like that?
- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam: The boy may be worth saving, but for the father, nothing!
- Baron Harkonnen: Why do you think I tolerate the incompetence of your brother, because it amuses me?! Think, Feyd. Think. There must be method to this madness, even though you've been too dull to devise it.
- Baron Harkonnen: Still the same old arrogant Bene Gesserit cow!
- Baron Harkonnen: I want Leto Atreides to appreciate the beauty of what I've done to him. I want him to know that I, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, am the instrument of his family's demise. The extinction of House Atreides and the glorious ascension of House Harkonnen!
- Baron Harkonnen: Perverting common wisdom is the hallmark of all great conspiracies.
- Baron Harkonnen: Now...let the Emperor mock us, call us swine. Because in the end, his throne will be mine.
- Reverend Mother Ramallo: It will take more than courage to survive what's coming.
- Reverned Mother Ramallo: When religion and politics ride in the same cart, the whirlwind follows.
- Glossu Rabban: Spies, that's what you are! Spies for the Fremen scum!! Fremen scum who raid my spice warehouses!! Who destroy royal equipment!!!
- Glossu Rabban: Send word to the filth of the desert! Tell them what you have seen here!! Tell them...this is what awaits them!!
- Duke Leto Atreides: They tried to take the life of my son!!!
- Alia: Atreides power must never be marginalized by the chaos of democracy.
- Alia: I am no mere child, I awakened to consciousness in my mother's womb.
- Alia: Goodbye grandfather. You have finally met the Atreides gom jabbar.