Factory Girl (film)
(Redirected from Factory Girl)
Nobody is doing anything like you right now, and that itself is a sign of brilliance, don't you think?
- [to Edie] You're the boss, applesauce!
- I think I'll quit my painting and just make Edie a big star.
- I went to a party once and there was a palm reader there. And when she looked at my hand, she just froze. And I said to her "I know. My lifeline is broken. I know I won't live past thirty."
- To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas.
- Billy Quinn: Lady, you don't know shit about shit.
- Andy Warhol: I wonder if people are going to remember us?
- Edie Sedgwick: What, when we're dead?
- Andy Warhol: Yeah.
- Edie Sedgwick: Well, I think people will talk about how you changed the world.
- Andy Warhol: I wonder what they'll say about you... in your obituary. I like that word.
- Edie Sedgwick: Nothing nice, I don't think.
- Andy Warhol: No, no, come on. They'd say, "Edith Minturn Sedgwick: beautiful artist and actress..."
- Edie Sedgwick: "And all-around loon..."
- Andy Warhol: "Remembered for setting the world on fire..."
- Edie Sedgwick: "And escaping the clutches of her terrifying family..."
- Andy Warhol: "Made friends with eeeeverybody, and anybody..."
- Edie Sedgwick: "Creating chaos and uproar wherever she went. Divorced as many times as she married, she leaves only good wishes behind." [laughs] That's nice, isn't it?
- Edie Sedgwick: And what would I have to do in one of your movies?
- Andy Warhol: Just be yourself.
- Edie Sedgwick: Well, which one?
- James Townsend: You're going to be bankrupt soon.
- Edie Sedgwick: James, you take life too seriously. How could I possibly be bankrupt? My grandfather invented the elevator.
- James Townsend: Then you should be familiar with the concept of up and down.
- Edie Sedgwick: I can't take it any more. I want to die.
- Wanda: And why do you want to die?
- Edie Sedgwick: Because my credit's no good at Bonwit Teller, and I just stole $30 worth of underwear at Bergdorfs, and I think I might do it again. [laughs]
- When Andy met Edie, life imitated art.
- The Fame. The Spotlight. The Scandal. The Party's About To Begin.
- Sexy. Uncut. Unrated
- Sienna Miller - Edie Sedgwick
- Guy Pearce - Andy Warhol
- Hayden Christensen - Musician
- Jimmy Fallon - Chuck Wein
- Jack Huston - Gerard Malanga
- Tara Summers - Brigid Polk
- Mena Suvari - Richie Berlin
- Shawn Hatosy - Syd Pepperman
- Beth Grant - Julia Warhola
- James Naughton - Fuzzy Sedgwick
- Edward Herrmann - James Townsend
- Mary-Kate Olsen - Molly Spence
- Illeana Douglas - Diana Vreeland
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Ingrid Superstar
- Don Novello - Mort Silvers
- Johnny Whitworth - Silver George
- Brian Bell - Lou Reed
- Patrick Wilson - John Cale
- Samantha Maloney - Maureen Tucker
- Meredith Ostrom - Nico
- Michael Post - Taxi Driver