Fast & Furious 5 (also known as Fast & Furious 5 and Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist) is a 2011 action film which follows wanted fugitives Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker), Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) as they plan a heist to steal $100 million from corrupt businessman Hernan Reyes (Joaquim de Almeida) while being pursued for arrest by DSS agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson).
- We just went from the middle of the "most wanted" list to the very top.
- [miffed at Brazilian street racer challenging him for pink slips] That little coupe may run the streets around here, but [indicating his Charger] that monster has never seen a set of tail lights, ever.
- [briefing his team] All right, listen up. The men we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down in the hardest possible way, so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them; we take them as a team and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't ever ... EVER ... let them get into cars.
- [Rio police chief Alemeida notices the equipment Hobbs' team brought along]
- Chief of Police Alemeida: Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men?
- Hobbs: Let me tell you a little something about these two men. One's a former federal officer, been deep cover for five years, knows everywhere you're gonna come from. The other one's a professional criminal, escaped prison twice, spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you.
- Alemeida: Well, if there's anything we can do to help...
- Hobbs: Two things. One: I need a translator.
- Alemeida: We have plenty...
- Hobbs: Elena Neves.
- Alemeida: A patrol officer?
- Hobbs: You heard me.
- Alemeida: But why? We have many more experienced people.
- Hobbs: I like her smile.
- Alemeida: What's the second thing?
- Hobbs: Stay the fuck out of my way.
- Tej: Aw, hell no. They really went and scraped the bottom of the barrel here, didn't they?
- Roman Pearce: Guess they did, considering your ass is here. When are you gonna give Martin Luther King his car back?
- Tej: Just as soon as you give Rick James his jacket back.
- [Roman has seen a hot woman pull up on a motorbike]
- Roman Pearce: Sexy legs, baby girl. What time do they open?
- Gisele: [aims her gun at Roman] They open the same time as I pull this trigger. You like me to open them?
- Roman Pearce: It's done, see I think I make a better special agent than you ever did.
- Brian O'Conner: I guess that depends on how you define "special".
- [The gang talks about recon mission into the Rio police HQ to find Reyes' money. Roman is too talkative]
- Roman Pearce: What? Why me?
- Brian O'Conner: Out of all of us, you got the biggest mouth.
- Tej: That is for damn sure.
- [Hobbs and his team have found Toretto and company at a street racers' gathering]
- Luke Hobbs: Hey Toretto, you're under arrest.
- Dominic Toretto: I don't feel like I'm under arrest. [to Brian] How about you Brian?
- Brian O'Conner: No, not a bit. Not even a little bit.
- Hobbs: Oh just give it a minute, it will sink in.
- O'Conner: We didn't kill those feds. That was Reyes.
- Hobbs: I don't give a shit. I'm just here to bring two assholes whose names hit my desk.
- O'Conner: Yeah, that sounds like a real hero.
- Hobbs: That's funny. From a guy who took the oath of a cop, then went against everything it stood for, for some wannabe tough-guy prick who beat a man half to death with a socket wrench. Yeah, real tough. You turn around and put your hands behind your back.
- Toretto: I don't think so.
- Hobbs: Your mistake is thinking you have a goddamn choice, boy! [his men aim weapons]
- Toretto: And your mistake? Thinking you're in America. You're a long way from home. This is Brazil! [crowd wields guns]
- Reyes: [crawling out of his wrecked car and lying on the ground] Help me.
- Hobbs: [shoots him in the torso, without looking at him] That's for my team, you son of a bitch.
- Monica Fuentes: You need to look at that. Berlin, 3AM this morning. A team of drivers hijacked a military convoy.
- Hobbs: Toretto?
- Fuentes: Nope.
- Hobbs: Ain't interested.
- Fuentes: Yes, you are. Keep looking. [opens the file to see a picture of Letty Ortiz] Do you believe in ghosts?
- Paul Walker - Brian O'Conner
- Vin Diesel - Dominic Toretto
- Jordana Brewster - Mia Toretto
- Dwayne Johnson - Luke Hobbs
- Joaquim de Almeida - Hernan Reyes
- Tyrese Gibson - Roman Pearce
- Eva Mendes - Monica Fuentes