(Redirected from Frog)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "It doesn't matter," WisestFrog answered. "You knew that the thoughts were beneath you and you felt small. And here in the Land of the Gods, everything is so creative that your thoughts may give results you don't expect at all. But you really have no problem. Just think big yourself bigger. Go ahead, think a big thought."
- Jane Roberts in Emir's Education In The Proper Use of Magical Powers, p. 44-45.
- A frog he would a-wooing go.
- Nursery rhyme.
- Too hard for any frog's digestion,
To have his froghood call'd in question!
- Christopher Smart, The Duellist.
- I don't see no p'ints about that frog that's any better'n any other frog.
- Mark Twain, The Celebrated Jumping Frog (1867).
- When you want to drain the marsh, you don't consult the frogs.
- [...] the old adage that, if you intend to drain a swamp you should not consult the frogs, [...]"
- Australia. Parliamentary Debates. Vol. 52 (1909), p. 4845 (Senate 21 Oct. 1909) books.google.
- "Quand on veut dessécher un marais, on ne fait pas en voter les grenouilles!"
- Delphine de Girardin (pen name: Vicomte Charles de Launay): La croix de Berny. "La Presse", 11 juillet 1847, p. 2, 2nd column, 3rd parapraph from bottom; later in Lettres parisiennes, p.267 archive.org