Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
(Redirected from Gentleman Prefer Blondes)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is an American movie issued in 1953, and in public domain because of copyright not renewed.
- Lorelei Lee: Excuse me, but what is the way to Europe, France?
- Dorothy Shaw: Honey, France is IN Europe.
- Lorelei Lee: Well who said it wasn't?
- Dorothy Shaw: Well... you wouldn't say you wanted to go to North America, Mexico.
- Lorelei Lee: If that's where I wanted to go, I would.
- Dorothy Shaw: [Dorothy is admiring some athletes]
- Gus Esmond: Dorothy Shaw, you're supposed to be the chaperone on the trip!
- Dorothy Shaw: Now let's get one thing straight, Gus: The chaperone's job is to make sure nobody else has any fun. But nobody chaperones the chaperone. That's why I'm so right for this job.
- Dorothy Shaw: Honey, did it ever occur to you that some people just don't care about money?
- Lorelei Lee: Please, we're talking serious here.
- Dorothy Shaw: I've been wondering, what's your line, Mr. Malone?
- Ernie Malone: My line? My most effective one is to tell a girl she has hair like a torch at midnight, lips like a red couch in an ivory palace that I'm lonely and starved for affection. Then, I generally burst into tears. It seldom works.
- [Lorelei is stuck going through the porthole]
- Henry Spofford III: All right. I'll help you. I'll help you for two reasons.
- Lorelei Lee: Never mind the reasons. Just help me.
- Henry Spofford III: The first reason is I'm too young to be sent to jail. The second reason is you got a lot of animal magnetism.
- Lady Beekman: You'll find I mean business!
- Dorothy Shaw: Oh, really? Then why are you wearing that hat?
- Esmond Sr.: Have you got the nerve to tell me you don't want to marry my son for his money?
- Lorelei Lee: It's true.
- Esmond Sr.: Then what do you want to marry him for?
- Lorelei Lee: I want to marry him for YOUR money.
- Lorelei Lee: Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?
- Mr. Esmond Sr.: Say, they told me you were stupid! You certainly don't seem stupid to me!
- Lorelei Lee: I can be smart when it's important, but most men don't like it.
- Dorothy Shaw: Remember, honey, on your wedding day it's All right to say "yes."
- Mr. Esmond Sr.: Are you out of your mind?
- Ernie Malone: Mm-hmm, but I like it that way.
- Lorelei Lee: I want you to find happiness and stop having fun.
- Lorelei Lee: There was an old man named Sidney... Who drank till he ruined a kidney. It shrivelled and shrank, but he drank and he drank... He had his fun doing it, didn't he?