(Redirected from Group of people)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Constitution favors no racial group, no political or social group.
- William O. Douglas. Dissenting, Uphaus v. Wyman, 364 U.S. 388, 406 (1960)
- When there is a range of opinion in the group, communications tend to be directed towards those members whose opinions are at the extremes of the range.
- Leon Festinger and John Thibaut. "Interpersonal communication in small groups." The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 46.1 (1951): 92.
- All social cooperation on a larger scale than the most intimate social group requires a measure of coercion.
- Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society (1932) p. 3
- Any Organized social group is always a stratified social body. There has not been and does not exist any permanent social group which is "flat" and in which all members are equal.
- Pitirim Sorokin (1927) Social Mobility, p. 12
- Every living thing loves its own kind,
- and we all love someone like ourselves.
- Sirach 13:15 (New American Bible Revised Edition)