(Redirected from Heist)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Love makes the world go 'round... Love of Gold. taglines
- Everyone needs money. That's why it's called "money".
- I hate to do anything as dramatic as count to three but one, two, three.
- Are you fuckin' with me? Are you FUCKIN' with me? Or are you done FUCKIN' with me?
- You know why the chicken crossed the road? Because the road crossed the chicken.
- [pulling a gun on Jimmy] Your weight and your fate, right here. Your weight and your fate.
- [of his wife, Fran] She could talk her way out of a sunburn.
- What do you want me to do? Just pull up a chair while you rape me?
- [about Jimmy] Young, dumb and full of cum.
- Coffee Cart Man: Hey buddy. You forgot your change.
- Joe Moore: [Takes the change] Makes the world go round.
- Bobby Blane: What's that?
- Joe Moore: Gold.
- Bobby Blane: Some people say love.
- Joe Moore: Well, they're right, too. It is love. Love of gold.
- Bergman: No one can get the goods like you, Joe.
- Joe Moore: Anyone can get the goods. The hard part is getting away.
- Bergman: Uh-huh.
- Joe Moore: You plan a good enough getaway, you could steal Ebbets Field.
- Bergman: Ebbets Field's gone.
- Joe Moore: What did I tell you?
- D.A. Freccia: You're a pretty smart fella.
- Joe Moore: Ah, not that smart.
- D.A. Freccia: You're not that smart, how'd you figure it out?
- Joe Moore: I tried to imagine a fella smarter than myself. Then I tried to think, "what would he do?"
- Joe Moore: Nobody lives forever.
- Fran Moore: Frank Sinatra gave it a shot.
- Betty Croft: Take it easy, baby, that stuff'll rot your stomach lining.
- Fran Moore: Yeah, but I get to drink it first.
- Jimmy: So, is he going to be cool?
- Pinky: My motherfucker is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him.
- Pinky: It's a shame you know what, we didn't actually get to do the thing, the swiss job. It's a beautiful plan.
- Joe Moore: Cute, huh?
- Pinky: Cute as a pail full of kittens.
- Jimmy: No one can hear me.
- Joe Moore: No one can hear what you don't say.
- Jimmy: Hey, I'm as quiet as an ant pissing on cotton.
- Joe Moore: I don't want you as quiet as an ant pissing on cotton. I want you as quiet as an ant not even thinking about pissing on cotton.
- Bobby Blane: Sometimes adrenaline gives people the shakes, some might think it's cowardice, so maybe you'd want to pray about it.
- Jimmy: I'm not a religious man.
- Bobby Blane: There's nothing wrong with prayer. We knew this firefighter, this trooper, who always carried a bible next to his heart. We used to mock him, but that bible stopped a bullet.
- Jimmy: No shit.
- Bobby Blane: Hand of God, that bible stopped a bullet, would have ruined that fucker's heart. And had he had another bible in front of his face, that man would be alive today.
- Bergman: Ain't you a piece of work?
- Fran Moore: Yeah. I came all the way from China in a matchbox.
- Joe Moore: Why doesn't he shoot me?
- Fran Moore: That's the deal.
- Joe Moore: He ain't gonna shoot me?
- Fran Moore: No.
- Joe Moore: Then he hadn't ought to point a gun at me. It's insincere.
- Bergman: Don't you want to hear my last words?
- Joe Moore: I just did. [shoots him dead]
- Bobby Blane: Hey, you go to that plastic surgeon, don't you let him put you all the way under. I knew a cat in Stateville one time; went to get his face fixed. Woke up and the sucker had given him a pair of tits.
- Joe Moore: [laughs] That's a bad beat, no question.
- Bobby Blane: Oh, and he landed back inside and never had to want for cigarettes.
- Fran Moore: Cute plan, though.
- Joe Moore: Cute as a Chinese baby.
- Love makes the world go 'round... Love of Gold.
- It isn't love that makes the world go round.
- Gene Hackman - Joe Moore
- Danny DeVito - Bergman
- Rebecca Pidgeon - Fran Moore
- Sam Rockwell - Jimmy
- Delroy Lindo - Bobby Blane
- Ricky Jay - Pinky