John James Ingalls
(Redirected from Ingalls, John James)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The purification of politics is an iridescent dream.
- Epigram, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- Every man is the center of a circle, whose fatal circumference he can not pass.
- Eulogy on Benjamin Hill, United States Senate, Jan. 23, 1882.
- Ad astra per aspera.
- Translated: "to the stars through difficulties".
- State motto of Kansas, reported to have been devised by Ingalls.