(Redirected from John Gilmore (advocate))Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Gilmore (born 1955) is an American computer science innovator, Libertarian, Internet activist, and one of the founders of Electronic Frontier Foundation. He created the alt.* hierarchy in Usenet and is a major contributor to the GNU project.
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
- As quoted in TIME magazine (6 December 1993)
- Unsourced variant:
- The Net treats censorship as a defect and routes around it.
- How many of you have broken no laws this month?
- As quoted in a speech to the First Conference on Computers, Freedom, and Privacy in 1991
- If you're watching everybody, you're watching nobody.
- When the X500 revolution comes, your name will be lined against the wall and shot.
- As quoted in Peter Gutmann's X509 style guide