Rambo (2008 film)
(Redirected from John Rambo)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rambo (also known as Rambo IV or John Rambo) is a 2008 American action film about a former U.S. soldier who is hired by a church pastor to help rescue a group of missionaries who were kidnapped by men from a brutal Burmese military regime.
- Live for nothing or die for something.
- Burnett: I was told it might be possible to rent your boat. We'd like to do that. Is that possible? We need to get upriver.
- John Rambo: Where are you going?
- Burnett: Into Burma.
- Rambo: Burma's a warzone.
- Burnett: Well, that's what people call it, but it's more like genocide than war. Anyway, this will be my fifth trip in, so we're aware of the risks.
- Rambo: I don't go that far north.
- Burnett: Let me explain our situation. Our church is part of a pan-Asian ministry, located in Colorado. We are all volunteers who, around this time of year, bring in medical supplies, medical attention, prayer books, and support to the Karen tribespeople. People say you know the river better than anyone.
- Rambo: They ain't lying.
- Burnett: So what I'm asking is that we compensate you for a few hours of your time that will help change people's lives.
- Rambo: Are you bringing any weapons?
- Burnett: Of course not.
- Rambo: You're not changing anything.
- Burnett: Well, it's thinking like that that keeps the world the way it is.
- Rambo: [walking away] Fuck the world.
- John Rambo: Go live your life 'cause you've got a good one.
- Sarah: It's what I'm trying to do.
- Rambo: No, what you're trying to do is change what is.
- Sarah: And what is?
- Rambo: That we're like animals! It's in the blood! It's natural! Peace? That's an accident! It's what is! When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it. Old men start it, young men fight it, nobody wins, everybody in the middle dies... and nobody tells the truth! God's gonna make all that go away? ... Don't waste your life, I did. Go home.
- Heroes never die.... They just reload.
- Sylvester Stallone - John Rambo
- Julie Benz - Sarah Miller
- Matthew Marsden - School Boy, a young British sniper
- Graham McTavish - Lewis
- Maung Maung Khin - Tint
- Paul Schulze - Michael Burnett