(Redirected from Lesbianism)
- "Gay" redirects here; for the English writer and poet, see John Gay.
Quotes about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Die Freundschaft zwischen Geschlechtsgleichen bekommt einen erotischen Ton, der ins Bewusstsein tritt, and der sich auch mitunter bis zur Begierde steigert. Hier begann für die altere Medizin die Pathologie, wie für die ältere Juristik die Kriminalität, ohne dass in dem natürlichen Verhalten irgend ein Grund für einen von beiden gegeben wäre.
- Friendship between those of the same sex attains an erotic tone, which comes into consciousness, and which also occasionally increases to the point of desire. Here, for older medicine, was where pathology began, for older jurisprudence, where criminality began, without providing any reason for either.
- Dass der Begriff des Normalen, besonders in sexuellen Leben, fast willkürlich zu nennen ist, wird jeder zugeben, der seine Vielspältigkeit kennen gelernt hat.
- The concept of normal, especially in sexual life, is designated in an almost entirely arbitrary manner. Anyone who has learned the diversity of sexual life will concede this fact.
- The reason for most violence against gays is that heterosexual men are forced to prove that they, themselves, are not gay. It goes like this: Men in strong male subcultures like the police, the military, and sports (and a few other cesspools) bond very strongly. Hunting, fishing, and golfing friendships also produce this unnatural bonding. These guys bond and bond, and get closer and closer, until finally they're just drunk enough to say, "You know, I really love these guys." And that frightens them. So they must quickly add, "But I'm not a queer!" See the dilemma? Now they have to go out of their way to prove to the world, to their buddies, and to themselves that they don't harbor homoerotic feelings. And it's only a short step from "I'm not a queer" to "In fact, I hate queers!" And another short step to "Let's go kill some queers!" And what they really seek to kill is not the queer outside, it's the queer inside they fear.
- God wants us all to just get along. He doesn’t give a shit about the profanity. The bitch fucking invented profanity. He thinks it is hilarious. He just wants you to talk to him, and he doesn’t care what you have to say. He just wants to keep the conversation going. Like Jay-Z, he just wants to love you. He just wants you to be able to make your own decisions. God is all about you and what you need. God is happy that you are gay. God made you fucking gay cuz he thinks it is awesome. God understands if you need to have an abortion. That is why he created abortion, on the 8th day. God accepts. God forgives. God loves all of us, even though some of us might have a problem with each other.
- "All men are liars", said Roberta Muldoon, who knew this was true because she had once been a man.
- John Irving, The World According to Garp
- In English-speaking countries, the connection between heresy and homosexuality is expressed through the use of a single word to denote both concepts: buggery. ... Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary (Third Edition) defines “buggery” as “heresy, sodomy.”
- Thomas Szasz, The Manufacture of Madness: A Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement (1997), p. 165
- The phrase "female soul enclosed in a male body" will stand like an upraised pillar, and the teeth of time will not eat it away. Its consequences for moral law will belong to the highest problems of wisdom, when it is long forgotten what a struggle was required to free nature from the hands of her tormentors, and hardly anyone will think of pitying the people and cities that once elevated their persecutions into law.
- Karl Heinrich Ulrichs, Memnon: The sexual nature of man-loving Uranians (1868)
- Biological determinism works as a phenomenon that normalizes same-sex desire while leaving heterosexism in place and disenfranchising certain queer people from fully participating in an accurate articulation of their experiences in political and popular discourse.
- Shannon Weber What's Wrong With Becoming Queer Biological Determinism as Discursive Queer Hegemony as quoted in Ages of the X-Men: Essays on the Children of the Atom in Changing Times, Mutating Metaphors: Addressing the Limits of Biological Narratives of Sexuality by Christian Norman p.170
- Jones, Alan and Kantonen, Jussi (1999), Saturday Night Forever: The Story of Disco, p. 110. Chicago, Illinois: A Cappella Books. ISBN 1556524110.