Thomas Michael Kevin Elmore-Meegan (born 26 March 1959) is a humanitarian, founder of several charities, non-governmental organisations, co-founder of the International Community for Relief Of Starvation and Suffering, author, and specialist in Clinical Epidemiology, and Global Health.
All Will be Well (2004)
” When you feel overwhelmed, close your eyes, breathe deeply, and know that the very breath you are taking is the same miracle of life that pervades all creation. Despite your anxieties , fears and pain, He knows you. He knows you better than you will ever understand yourself. Breathe in, breathe out. You are experiencing the miracle. The most amazing miracle of all. The gift of life. All things will find harmony in this knowing, in this , is the whisper of not only all creation, but of the Creator” Michael Meegan
“Your energy is powered by your thoughts, negative thoughts drain you, loving thoughts fill you with love” Michael Meegan, The Tribe of one www.eye-books.com
” when we really know ourselves, we forgive always” Michael Meegan ALL WILL BE WELL www.eye-books.com
“If you really want to know who your friends are, see you stands by you in a storm” Mike Meegan
” Remind yourself of your vision, keep your hopes close yo your heart, be passionate about them and always ,always always be true to them” Michael Meegan Changing the World
” The most important language of personal joy is the often complex linguistics of silence” Michael Meegan ALL WILL BE WELL
” Friends are those who touch the heart of you , rejoice in the “all” that makes you . They are at your side , they make you laugh , are there ti wipe away your tears . They see the real you , the fragile you. A real friend is there so deeply that they are your rock , the foundation and stability of all we face . Friendship is one of those things like breathing , present to the last moment , then beyond . My prayer is this . That you know who your friends are , honour them , rejoice in them , bless them , learn from them , forgive them anything , give hhem yourself , be with them and be blessed by them .
Michael Meegan Journey of a soul
- Everything changes when you wake up in the morning and decide to own today. It will not be taken from you by anyone else, it will be yours
- Changing the World
- When we feel overwhelmed by all the suffering in the world, or just drained by the stress of the day, do this. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and know that the very breath you are taking is the same miracle of life that pervades all creation. He who gives you this breath, despite your anxieties , fears and pain, knows you. He knows you better than you will ever understand yourself. Breathe in, breathe out. You are experiencing the miracle. The most amazing miracle of all. The gift of life. All things will find harmony in this knowing, in this, is the whisper of not only all creation, but of the Creator.
- Your energy is powered by your thoughts, negative thoughts drain you, loving thoughts fill you with love
- Every now and then its good to step back a little. When we let go a little and remove ourselves from the drama , we can see more clearly. So often we are caught up in the stress we fail to see what triggers our worries. When we are still and put distance between our problems we often discover the solutions
- Perhaps the secret of being happy is about letting go of fear , embracing energy that enriches us . Ignoring those who drain us and diminish , channeling ourselves towards goodness and positive acts
- All God wants of man is a compassionate heart.
- Do exactly what you would do if you felt most loved and cherished.
- All life, every living thing is a word for God in His mystery.
- Only one thing is expect of you, and that is that you should come out of yourself and love with all your being and all your light without stopping.
- God is at home and is content, it is we who are looking and are not at one in ourselves.
- In order to create and to heal, to do and to serve, ..to act we need detachment.
- Even if we were offered everything that exists, it is nothing compared to the freedom and power of being loved
- If you only utter a single prayer in this life let it be Thanks, with all your heart
- Man goes far away or near but God never goes far-off; he is always standing close at hand, and even if he cannot stay within he goes no further than the door.
- The best thing you can say is the thing that you have not uttered.
- The more we possess the less we have.
- The more we own the less we have.
- The outward efforts will never be insignificant if the inner light is great.
- The price of doing nothing is far greater than the cost of error.
- To be full of things is to be empty of what matters. To be empty of things is to be full of freedom.
- It is in crisis we find ourselves, so when we are broken then this light is nearest to us.
- We are celebrating the feast of the Eternal Birth which God the Father has borne and never ceases to bear in all eternity... But if it takes not place in me, what avails it? Everything lies in this, that it should take place in me.
- When you are defeated it is your own attitude that is wrong.
- Words take their meaning from the original word.
- You may call God truth, you may call God hope. But the best name for God is love.
- If you really want to know who your friends are, see you stands by you in a storm
- Remind yourself of your vision, keep your hopes close yo your heart, be passionate about them and always, always always be true to them
- The most important language of personal joy is the often complex linguistics of silence
- A loving person is one who is awakened and transformed into empathy.
- If we are ready to tear down the walls that confine us, break the cage that imprisons us, we will discover what our wings are for.
- “The ICROSS philosophy has always been that change occurs by empowering women. You can only empower women by educating them. This was a part of our policy twenty years before it became development sector.
- “There is a dangerous deception within international organizations, called Participation of local communities. This is essentially based on a lie. Communities are invited to participate on the terms of the donor who has the money. Unless all the choices and decisions are owned and made by the communities, there can be no authentic lasting development.”
All shall be well (2014)
- The deepest and most enduring thirst common to us all is the desire for love and happiness. You and I spend a great part of our lives struggling towards self-fulfilment and joy, while at the same time we are very occupied in the daily responsibilities to our families, our work, the countless little things that absorb our time.
- All our emotional scars and mental stress come from the pain of being fully accepted and cherished in ourselves.
- Anxiety is often related to having to perform and act an acceptable role in order to be admitted into relationships.
- Ulcers, high blood pressure and heart attacks, insomnia and depression, all stem from trying to do more than we can in a situation that has lost its humanity.
- If a young mother has a job as a secretary in a company trying to cut expenses, where they start giving her the work of two secretaries and making extra demands on her, she will do all she can to please her employers. In fact, they are causing her to worry, hurry to work and rush home late to her expectant family. Thus, pressure and demands in a business setting lead to anxiety and tension at home. This is what begins to happen in our civilization when we put profit before people, and getting work done before the feelings of those we work with.
- We have all, at one time or another, been used, or have experienced someone being unfair to us.
- We know how it feels to be in the wrong and have someone shout at us or frown and walk past,we feel dreadful. We try to be friendly but so often it turns into a strained smile as someone replies curtly and asks what we want.
- We want to be good, but it’s difficult to know a safe place to start. We want to reach out our hand in friendship, but we don’t want it bitten off.
- If someone humiliates and hurts us, it is difficult to give them a second chance and turn the other cheek. They might just take another swing at us, we are not ready for that kind of abuse. Who needs it?
- Because of the distrust that has grown from our experience, we are very careful whom we welcome. We are selective in our companions, we look suspiciously those who sit beside us in a bar and start talking to us: “is he crazy? What’s he up to?” we wonder. The city becomes a desert. With groups of friends who are nobody else’s friends. As Emily Dickinson, the reclusive poet, once wrote: “The soul selects its own society, then shuts the door.”
Surprised by Joy
- “Today we can change the future for someone, we have only to act.”
Changing the World
- “Be quiet enough to know what to say with your actions. Never limit yourself, live the impossible, always step beyond yourself. This is what you were born to be, to become light in a world on great need. We may not be the solution, but are part of the solution.”
- “Vision without action which fails to touch the lives of the poor is not vision, but self delusion.”
- “That someday there will be no them and us. There will be no colour and no differences between us. There will be only one human family working together.”
- “The future lies in education, for 36 years ICROSS has focused on educating girls and making sure that they see their own potential”
- “There is no such thing as change in international development, unless it belongs to the people who want to change”
- “The biggest lie and dishonesty about change or the impact of projects is created by the lords of poverty who profit from the business and industry of aid.”
Lecture on Global Health
- “People can’t eat our pity, dehydrated children can’t drink our sorrow nor can a child be educated by our anger at injustice. No one has ever been lifted out of poverty by us being overwhelmed or shocked. The only thing that ends poverty is our actions.”
ICROSS Annual Report 2015
- “Waterborne diseases kill millions every year, over 1.3 billion people have no clean water. ICROSS has provided safe drinking water to over 300 000 people through innovative ground breaking research spanning three decades”