|This article about a sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Year,
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God.
That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way."
- Poem, "God Knows" (1908) as quoted by George VI
- I heard the quotation read in a summary of the speech. I thought the words sounded familiar and suddenly it dawned on me that they were out of my little book.
- Her reaction on hearing her poem. Daily Telegraph, 16 Aug 2008
- She is one of the most brilliant poets ever and has inspired thousands to write poetry on the level of the Vogons and cause widespread fear of such good poetry.
- Quote by Chipsterni Fishainrian Meddelein.