A national anthem is a generally patriotic musical composition that is evoking and eulogizing the history, traditions and struggles of its people, recognized either by a nation's government as the official national song, or by convention through use by the people.
- In joyful strains then let us sing,
"Advance Australia fair!"
- To arms, citizens!
Form your battalions!
- Make her praises heard afar,
God defend New Zealand.
- Oh Fatherland, one feels the voice
Of your distinguished forefathers,
That shall lead you to victory!
- Let our voices soar as one
- San Min Chu-i,
Our aim shall be: [......]
- Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen.
- God Save the Queen (United Kingdom, unknown authorship)
- O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
- Every country in the world has a national anthem... It's perfectly normal.