Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proverbs from all Nepali speaking parts of the world.
- जस्तो देश उस्तै भेष ।
- Transliteration: Jasto desh, ustai bhesh.
- Meaning; Act appropriately based on the place and situation. When you are in an unfamiliar situation, you should follow the lead of those who know the ropes.
- Source: https://www.nepaliukhan.com/Ukhan/Jasto-desh-ustai-bhesh
- न बिराउनु न डराउनु !
- Transliteration: Na biraunu na daraunu !
- Meaning; Don't do wrong and don't worry.
- Source: https://www.nepaliukhan.com/Ukhan/Na-biraunu-na-daraunu
- नजाने गाउँको बाटै नसोध्नु ।
- Transliteration: Na jaane gaun ko baatai nasodhnu.
- Meaning: Don't ask for address you don't visit.
- Source: https://www.nepaliukhan.com/Ukhan/Najaane-gau-ko-bato-nasodhnu
- घाँटी हेरी हाड निल्नु ।
- Transliteration: Ghaanti heri haad nilnu.
- Meaning: Do things of your capacity.
- Source: https://www.nepaliukhan.com/Ukhan/Ghaati-herera-haad-nilnu
- आफुले खान नपाएको अंगुर अमिलो ।
- Transliteration: Aafule khaana napaayeko angur amilo.
- Meaning: It is easy to despise what you could not achieve.
- Source: https://www.nepaliukhan.com/Ukhan/Aafule-khaana-napaayeko-angur-amilo