(Redirected from Rhinoceros)
The rhinoceros or rhino is a large mammal noted for its horn.
- If ever you meet a rhinoceros
And a tree be in sight,
Climb quick! for his might
Is a match for the gods: he could toss Eros!
- Did you ever see the Rhinoceros, and the Hippopotamus, at the Zoological Gardens, trying to dance a minuet together? It is a touching sight.
- Lewis Carroll, A Selection from the Letters of Lewis Carroll to his Child-Friends (1933) edited by Evelyn M. Hatch, Letter to Gaynor Simpson (27 December 1873), p.91
- Pity the poor old rhino with
A bodger on its bonce.
- Michael Flanders, The Rhinoceros
- The rhino is a homely beast,
For human eyes he's not a feast.
Farwell, farewell, you old rhinoceros,
I'll stare at something less prepoceros.
- Ogden Nash, The Rhinoceros