|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Don't tell me. My doorman's another one of your admirers.
- Look, I guarantee that we'll have tough times. And I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us will want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart, you're the only one for me.
- So, um, may be you and I should, you know, What do you think, Huh?
- To Maggie's family and friends, may you find yourselves the bull's-eye of an easy target, may you be publicly flogged for all of your bad choices, and may your noses be rubbed in all of your mistakes.
- You're a cynical, explotive, mean-hearted creep who wouldn't know real love if it bit him in the armpit.
- There is a distinct possibility that I am profoundly and irreversibly screwed up.
"Dear Editor: Greetings from the sticks. Perhaps you believe that a rural education is focused mainly on hog calling and tractor maintenance rather than reading. Why else would you print a piece of fiction about me and call it fact? I suppose Mr.Graham was too busy thinking up slanderous statements about how I dump men for kicks to bother with something silly like accuracy in reporting, which is understandable because with a man-eater like me on the loose, who has time to check facts? That's why I was surprised to find Mr. Graham's editor was a woman. Call me a sentimental fool, but I sort of hoped we man-eaters could stick together. Anyway, I'm just dropping you big-city folk this little note to say that I have thought of a ritual sacrifice that would satisfy my current appetite: Ike Graham's column on a platter. Yours truly, Maggie Carpenter. P.S., I have enclosed a list of the gross factual misinterpretations in your article. There are fifteen."
- Peggy: [as the runaway bride gets a ride on a Federal Express van] I wonder where she's going.
- Man: I don't know, but wherever it is she will be there by 10:30 tomorrow.
- Julia Roberts as Maggie Carpenter, a woman who has run away from three weddings but is hoping not to do so on her fourth wedding attempt
- Richard Gere as Ike Graham, a New York City news reporter who writes an article about Maggie and later falls in love with her. His real name is Homer
- Joan Cusack as Peggy Flemming
- Héctor Elizondo as Fisher
- Rita Wilson as Ellie Graham
- Paul Dooley as Walter Carpenter
- Christopher Meloni as Bob Kelly
- Lisa Roberts Gillan as Elaine from Manhattan
- Donal Logue as Priest Brian Norris