Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I am done with the clichéd heroine roles. I can’t go to work without a challenge. I want to do films that drive me, films in which I am a part of the main plot. There are times when I’ve watched the final outcome of a film and wondered what was going on. I get tired of coming up with the same expressions. When I have to be sad, I tell myself ‘okay, time to use expression number 5’.
- "Samantha: I am done with clichéd heroine roles". The Hindu. (May 31, 2016).
- Realising just how hard it is to get a meaningful role for a heroine in the south. I haven’t signed as many films as I’d like to because there are no good roles. As disheartening as it is to say.
- "No meaningful roles for a heroine in south: Samantha". The Hindu. (September 17, 2016).
- You all know about the leaks controversy on social media. My character is very close to every girl in that video. It also gives a message to every person who circulated, opened, saw and laughed at those videos. I have acted in many films in full length roles. Though I have a short role in this film (Raju Gari Gadhi 2), the impact is high. It’s going to be one of the best ones.
- It’s an eight-year-long friendship. I married my best friend (Naga Chaitanya). I know I am Akkineni Samantha from now onwards and I have to live up to the family’s legacy and reputation.
- "I’m Akkineni Samantha from now and I have to live up to the family’s legacy, says the newly wed Samantha". Pinkvilla. (14 October 2017).
- I have made my fair share of mistakes. In the beginning when you are trying to find your way, you end up doing stereotypical and cliche roles, I have done all of that. I am at a stage in regional cinema where I am looking to do roles that test and push me to my limit. In Hindi films, I don't have the energy to do the same thing again and get back to the point to where I want to do work that I want to do. In regional films, I am in a position to pick out-of-the-box roles but if I do Hindi films I won't get that opportunity.