(Redirected from Song lyrics)
- 'Cause now again I've found myself
So far down, away from the sun
That shines into the darkest place
- He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
- She's a dwelling place for demons
She's a cage for every unclean spirit,
Every filthy bird and makes us drink
The poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings
Fallen now is Babylon the Great
- Here's a story about the boys at the altar
Some of them came between me and my halter
But I don't think the good lord would mind
I was callin' his name the whole time!
- Avenue D, Slut? (2004 single)
- Cuz I'm a freaky streaker like Winnie the Pooh / T-shirt and no pants and I dance the boogaloo!
- The Beastie Boys, To The 5 Boroughs(2005)
- I never thought missing children could be so sexy. Did I say that out loud?
- The Bloodhound Gang, "A Lapdance is So Much Better When the Stripper is Crying", Hooray for Boobies (2000)
- These are the words you wish you wrote down
- Brand New, "Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't", Deja Entendu (2003)
- I swam across, I jumped across for you.
- Coldplay, "Yellow", Parachutes (2002)
- You've got that rainbow feel, but the rainbow has a beard
- I'll wait in this place, where the shadows run from themselves.
- And I'm standing at the crossroads, believe I'm sinking down.
- He was high on intellectualism.
I've never been there, but the brochure looks nice.
- Sheryl Crow, "Every Day is a Winding Road", from Sheryl Crow (1996)
- If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.
If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?
- It's not getting what you want
It's wanting what you've got
- Tell your daughters, "Do not walk the streets alone tonight!
- Look for me when the sun-bright swallow
Sings upon the birch bough high.
- Meet me on my vast veranda
My sweet untouched Miranda
- You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
- You can spend all your time making love/You can spend all your love making time
- He can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run mine.
- Jonathan Edwards, "Sunshine", from Jonathan Edwards (1971)
- I love it when you call, I love it when you call/I love it when you call but you never call at all
- [to "American Tune" by Paul Simon ]
This pretty tune was written by Hans Leo Hassler
I wrote some words and changed about three notes.
Now ASCAP says it's mine.
- John Forster, "Fusion", Entering Marion (1993)
- [to a tune similar to "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon]
I'm well aware that there's an element you could call exploitation
In the way that I appropriate the cultures of these peoples for my own commercial purposes.
Mmm, but everyone who works for me gets credit
And a chance to ride to stardom on my coattails, neh-nyah neh-nyah.
But hey, let's just remember who's the genius here!
- John Forster, "Fusion", Entering Marion (1993)
- Between the lines of fear and blame,
You begin to wonder why you came.
Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness.
And I would have stayed up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a life.
- I said, "Hi!"
She said, "Yeah, I guess I am."
- Dean Friedman, "Ariel", from Dean Friedman (1977)
- Wouldn't it be great if no one ever got offended?
And wouldn't it be great to say what's really on your mind?
I have always said all the rules are made for bendin'
And if I let my hair down, would that be such a crime?
- Won't you die tonight for love?
Baby join me in death.
Won't you die?
- All in, all in a day
A day it changes everything
- Isis, Weight, from Oceanic
- It's just a ride, it's just a ride
No need to run, no need to hide
It'll take you round and round
Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down
It's just a ride, it's just a ride
Don't be scared, don't hide your eyes
It may feel so real inside
But don't forget it's just a ride
- He's washing dishes and baby clothes
He's so ambitious, he even sews
But don't forget, folks, that's what you get, folks
For makin' whoopee
- If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you
- Kid Creole and the Coconuts, "If You Wanna Be Happy", Doppelganger, (1983)
- I know what you must be saying to yourselves.
If that's the way she feels about it, why doesn't she just end it all?
Oh, no, not me.
I'm not ready for that final disappointment.
'Cause I know, just as well as I'm standing here talking to you,
That when that final moment comes and I'm breathing my last breath,
I'll be saying to myself…
Is that all there is?
- The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!
- I swore I would love you till the end of time.
So now, I'm prayin' for the end of time...
- I'll be thuggin forever, see I'ma fighter, not a lover
I'm a hit-and-run-it, cold-blooded, motherfucka
- Sex is natural, sex is good; not everybody does it, but everybody should.
- This is how we like to do it in the murder scene.
- Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading...
- My Chemical Romance, "Vampires Will Never Hurt You", I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love (2002)
- They're coming to take me away
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice young men in their clean white coats
- I'll be back when I've calmed my fears
And I'll see you around in a thousand years
- Talking is just masturbating
without the mess.
- Our Lady Peace, "Happiness and the Fish", Happiness... Is Not A Fish That You Can Catch (1999)
- Scared the lights'll turn green
You'll have to be seen
You'll be like anybody else
Scared the lights'll turn red
You're stuck in your head
You can't run it to even her
How you gonna get through the year?
- It's just fuck and run
Fuck and run
Ever since I was seventeen
Even when I was twelve
- Liz Phair, "Fuck and Run"
- I want to be your Blowjob Queen
- Liz Phair, "Flower"
- In wine there's truth but in silence there's surrender.
- This is ourselves under pressure
- You're still searching for these answers
They're not inside your wrist
- I never wanted to know
Never wanted to see
I wasted my time
Till time wasted me
I never wanted to go
I always wanted to stay
'Cause the persons I am
Are the parts that I play
So I plot and I plan
And I hope and I scheme
To the lure of a night
Filled with unfinished dreams
And I'm holding on tight
To a world gone astray
As they charge me for years
I can't pay
- I am the way
I am the light
I am the dark inside the night
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away
Just take my hand
And when you make your final stand
I'll be right there, I'll never leave
And all I ask of you is... Believe
- If the kids are united they will never be divided.
- Sham 69, "If the Kids Are United", The Adventures of Hersham Boys (1979)
- There are things in Doris's life,
but then there are in everyone's.
She opens her little mouth,
She sings her little song. Like a flag
it folds out across the city,
and it goes:
"The old man becomes an ice-skater...
A maniac becomes a stepfather...
I watch a policeman's mouth -
out comes an honest word."
Miracles happen when Doris sings.
Couples in love stop dead in their tracks.
Dishes clatter to the ground unbroken.
- Shellac, "Doris", Uranus EP (1993)
- Be careful how you touch her, for she'll awaken,
And sleep's the only freedom that she knows.
- Skylark, "Wildflower", Skylark (1972)
- I'm not your star...
Isn't that what you said,
what you thought this song meant?
- Something Corporate, "Konstantine", Ready... Break (2003)
- 'Cause we're all to blame
We've gone too far
From pride to shame,
We're trying so hard,
We're dying in vain,
We want it all,
Everyone, don't we all?
- The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
- Timbuk 3, "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades", from Greetings from Timbuk 3 (1986)
- 'The whole thing I think is sick.'
- Slipknot "742617000027" from "Slipknot"