Sorcerer is a 1977 film about four unfortunate men from different parts of the globe who agree to risk their lives transporting gallons of nitroglycerin across a dangerous Latin American jungle.
- Directed by William Friedkin. Written by Walon Green, based on Georges Arnaud's 1950 French novel Le Salaire de la peur.
- [after he has just killed Marquez] When the money's up, I'm just as good as any of you.
- Carlo Ricci: He robbed my church, shot my brother. I don't care where he is or what it costs. I want his ass.
- Corlette: You know there's a place down here that might be kind of nice for a guy in your situation. Ever think about going to Managua?
- Scanlon: Managua... shit, there's no way I can go to Managua.
- Scanlon: Where am I going?
- Vinnie: All I can say is it's a good place to lay low.
- Scanlon: Why?
- Vinnie: It's the kind of place nobody wants to go looking.
- Scanlon: You wanna tell me where I'm going?
- Vinnie: I swear to Christ I don't know.
- Corlette: [observing Scanlon's truck-driving technique] Teamsters?
- Scanlon: Greyhound.
- Nilo: Where are you from?
- Scanlon: Listen Pancho, I've been clocking you every second you've been in this town. If you wanna pick your nose in this truck, you better clear it with me first, otherwise I'm taking you and this nitro right into a ditch!
- Father Ricci: Do you know who's parish this is?
- Donnelly: Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!
- Corlette: [Discussing using a helicopter to transport the nitro] Well, what do you think?
- Billy White: Well the main problem is the vibration. This thing is like a damn egg-beater, no matter how we shock mount something it'll still have a severe lateral vibration.
- Corlette: I thought maybe you could swingload it on a pallet.
- Billy White: About twenty feet down there'd be no vibration, but then the problem is turbulence, you might move it a half mile that way but not 200, never had a flight around here without some turbulence.
- Corlette: What are you saying Billy?
- Billy White: Not with a chopper, there's no way.
- Corlette: I'll double the amount if you can think of a way.
- Billy White: It's not the money Mr. Corlette. No one's going to get into a chopper with that shit, you'd need a suicide jockey.
- Scanlon: We're carrying three cases each. One is enough to blow out your fire, six cases will blow out the whole field. That means you don't think all the trucks will make it, one of us is a backup.
- "Serrano": We want double, and legal residence... or we don't drive.
- Corlette: You leave in four hours.
- Scanlon: You read about this place in the travel brochures?
- "Serrano": I heard it had a healthy climate.
- Scanlon: Not what you expected though?
- "Serrano": It was exactly what I expected!
- Scanlon: [Nilo has been shot] What're you gonna do with all that money, you hump? Talk to me! What're you gonna do?
- Nilo: Get... laid! Best whore in Managua!
- Scanlon: Two whores! Two best whores in Managua!
- Nilo: You do it. For me.
- Die "Really" Hard
- WANTED. Four men willing to drive a cargo of death to escape a life in hell.
- Roy Scheider - Jackie Scanlon – "Juan Dominguez"
- Bruno Cremer - Victor Manzon – "Serrano"
- Francisco Rabal - Nilo
- Amidou - Kassem – "Martinez"
- Ramon Bieri - Corlette
- Karl John - "Marquez"
- Sorcerer quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Sorcerer at Rotten Tomatoes