Talk:William F. Buckley, Jr.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to William F. Buckley, Jr.. --Antiquary 11:11, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- The purpose of an open mind is to close it, on particular subjects. If you never do — you've simply abdicated the responsibility to think.
- There is no way to get around the grotesque historical fact, which is that soldiers fight heroically no matter the character of the government they serve.
- I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.
- Government is an institution that takes your money to Washington for the night, and then sends it back to you -- And you know how expensive a night in Washington is!
- Liberals, it has been said, are generous with other peoples’ money, except when it comes to questions of national survival when they prefer to be generous with other peoples’ freedom and security.