Gurren Lagann (2007), known in Japan as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (天元突破グレンラガン Tengantoppa Gurenragan, literally "Heaven-Piercing Crimson Lotus Enveloping Face"), is a Japanese mecha anime television series created by Gainax and co-produced by Aniplex and Konami. It takes place in a fictional future where Earth is ruled by the Spiral King, Lordgenome, who forces mankind to live in isolated subterranean villages. These villages have no contact with the surface world and a few of them with no other villages, and are under constant threat of earthquakes. One day, a small 14-year old named Simon and his best friend, Kamina, get their lives changed forever when a giant bull-like mecha and a red haired woman with a rifle called Yoko fall off a hole in their village's roof.
- Do the impossible, see the invisible. / Row! Row! Fight the power! / Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable/ Row! Row! Fight the power!
- Gurren Lagann OST, "Rap is a Man's Soul! Team Dai-Gurren's Theme, Rap is a Man's Soul! Kamina's theme and Libera Me from Hell
- Rappu ha Kan no Tamashii da! Onore wo Shinjite Ten wo Yubisasu Dotou no Otoko Kamina-sama no Teema wo Mimi no Ana Kappojitte Yo~ku Kikiyagare!
- Rap is a man's soul! Perk up your earholes and listen real close to the theme of Lord Kamina, the man of raging billows who believes in himself and points to heaven.
- Title of disc 1 track 3 Gurren Lagann OST
- Rap is a man's soul! Perk up your earholes and listen real close to the theme of Lord Kamina, the man of raging billows who believes in himself and points to heaven.
- Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru?!
- Who the hell do you think I am?! (Episode 1; repeated throughout series by him and other characters)
- Kick Logic Out and Do the Impossible! That's the way Team Gurren rolls! (Episode 1)
- Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens! (Episode 1)
- Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you! (Episode 1)
- Do it, Simon! Bust through the Heavens WITH YOUR DRILL!! (Episode 1)
- HeyheyheyheyHEY!! Listen up, you walking faces! Having left his homeland, he never yields, he never retreats and never regrets! He faces forward, and never looks back! He's Manly, He's Tenacious! Kamina of Team Gurren is here to take you on! LET'S GO!! (Episode 2)
- How long are you gonna keep running, Simon? We made it to the Surface. Now's the time to cast off the boy you used to be, it's now, or never. (Episode 2)
- Simon! What are you...?! (Episode 2)
- Don't screw with me, you bastards. Just who the HELL DO YOU THINK I AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMM!! (Episode 2)
- Who-The-Hell-Do-You-Think-I-Am KIIICK! Hands-Off-My-Beloved-Little-Brother-PUUUNCH! (Episode 2)
- They're all yours, Simon, and put some backbone into it! Ready? FINISHING MOVE! Perfect Combustion Of Manly Souls CANNONBALL ATTAAACK!! (Episode 2)
- I made up my mind. I'm naming this one Gurren. No matter how nasty this place may be, you and Me are gonna fight our way through it. Me with my Gurren and You with your Lagann. Wait for me, old man. (Episode 2)
- Sorry there, pal, I really didn't wanna distrub you. I guess i got a little wild this afternoon, but try to not hold it against me, OK? (Sees a tiny skull armlet shine)Huh? Ghh! No way, it can't be.... it just can't be, it is impossible! Dad...
Oh man, you bought it out here?
You died... You didn't wait.....
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! (Episode 2)
- Remember this, you fuzzball! Combining is all about one man's fighting spirit slamming into ANOTHER! A combining of courage that sets a man's soul on fire! GURREN LAGANN! Just who the hell do you think i am, fuzzball?! From now on the name of this mecha is GURREN LAGANN!! (Episode 3)
- C'MON, GIMMY!! COME POKE ME IN THE BUTT!! (Episode 6)
- I'M GONNA DRILL THIS WALL!!! I'M GONNA DRILL IT AS HARD AS I CAN!!! (Episode 6)
- I'm sorry! But there are... THINGS a guy just has to see! (Episode 6)
- PROVE IT YOU'RE A MAN, GIMMY, TURN IT TURN IT TURN IT!! (Episode 6)
- YOU WANNA KNOW IF I HAVE A PROBLEM?! YOU TOOK THE ABSOLUTE HEIGHT TO THE HUMAN SPIRIT, THE VERY ESSENCE OF THE MALE SOUL AND YOU STOMPED IT INTO THE DIRT, SMACKED IT AROUND AND SMASHED IT!! I'LL FOLLOW YOU BASTARDS TO THE FIERY PITS OF HELL... AND KILL YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER!! SIMOOOOON!!! (Episode 6)
- Man's Wraaaath.... EXPLOSIVE SLAAAAAASH!!! (Episode 6)
- Good morning, sunshine. (Episode 6)
- SHUT UP!! Never Retreat, Never Surrender, Never Look Back. THAT'S MINE AND SIMON'S FIGHTING SPIRIT! NO MORE TALK!! (Episode 7)
- FIGHTING SPIRIIIT!! In this world, you don't get anywhere running away! (Episode 7)
- MAN ON FIIIRE... BLAZING CHARIOT... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!(Episode 7)
- Huh, yea whatever now dig the wax out of your ears and listen up 'cause I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands, and endures the searing heat! A man's man sustained by strength of will! When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! YOU'D BEST REMEMBER THAT! (Episode 7)
- ENOUGH!! Like i said, you don't get anywhere running away! (Dai-Gunzan shoves Gurren Lagann away with its arm) GAH! (Episode 7)
- Take a look, Simon. If we turn our backs to these guys we're sitting ducks! Either way, unless we pin this thing down, we don't have a hope of winning this fight! (Episode 7)
- Yeah, that's our Simon the Digger! Nice going, kid. (Episode 7)
- Forehead Boy! There you go again, talking like a big great know-it-all! (Episode 7)
- Listen Up! Alright, you bozos, I'm glad you all could make it here today! About that huge Gunman from this afternoon, you could be sure that it'll come back tomorrow! And when it shows its ugly face again I SAY WE STEAL THAT BIGASS GUNMAN FROM THEM!! We're just gonna help ourselves to it, after tomorrow, that big hunk o' junk is gonna be our headquarters! Pretty sweet, right?! We've come this far by stealing Gunmen from the Beastmen, there's NOTHING to be afraid of! (Episode 7)
- SIMON, OPEN THE HATCH! LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!... Have you snapped out of it yet? I give you my word if you ever start to doubt yourself, I'll come and belt ya' one. So don't worry, i'm right by your side, so just believe in yourself. Believe in the Simon that i have faith in. (Episode 8)
- Uuuugh... can't a guy get a little bit of sleep around here? (Episode 8)
- Who the hell do you think you are? Isn't your drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth, and through to tomorrow? (Episode 8) (Japanese version)
- Listen, Just who the hell do you think you are, Simon? Your drill is the one, that's gonna bust right through heaven and earth and even tomorrow! What are you sittin' around dawdlin' for, WE'VE WON, KID! That behemoth belongs to you now, you don't have to worry about anything! (English version)
- Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself. (Episode 8) (Japanese version)
- Listen, Simon. Never forget. Just believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that i believe in, not in the Kamina that you believe in. Have faith in the Simon that believes in you.(English Version)
- FINISHING... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!! GIGAAA... DRIIIIILL... BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAK!!! (Episode 8)
- Abaiyo, tachiko (His last words, Episode 8)
- Farewell... comrades (Japanese version)
- Later... buddy (English version)
- It wasn't going well, my confidence was shut and i thought we were heading in the wrong direction, i freaked out and kept asking myself "Why did my Dad make it up to the surface and i can't?". Honestly i was just acting tough. Everyone was whining and they stopped digging. I guessed it was finally the end of my road. But Simon, he kept on drilling away. His drilling let me put on a brave face. By dumb luck, he broke through that last boulder right then. We got really lucky, but i have faith in all that luck, and in Simon, who brought us that luck in the first place. Whenever I feel timid and weak, or feel like i'm losing confidence, I picture the sight of his back all hunched over, digging away. I think to myself, "I refuse to be left at by that back." Listen, Simon. Never forget this. Believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that i have faith in, not in the Kamina that you believe in either. Believe in the Simon who believes in you.(Episode 11)
- What's the matter, Simon? You lose your drill? Too bad. (Episode 26)
- Dumbass, The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide, its badass leader a man of spirit, a paragon of total masculinity, AS IF THERE COULD BE, MORE THAN ONE OF THE MIGHTY KAMINA! (Episode 26)
- Hey, don't you remember that you were the method to my madness? The one who made all my big talk more than words? Your drill ought to be totally different from that pebble over there. Your drill is right here. You can't keep wasting time in this place forever. What's that drill of yours meant to do? (Episode 26)
- Get going Simon, just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves and if-onlys. The one thing you choose yourself, THAT is the truth of your universe. (Episode 26)
- This time, though, it's really goodbye. Get going, blood brother. (Episode 26)
- A real man never dies ... even if he's killed (mistranslation from the NDS game's OVA, also known as Episode 5.5)
- Yeah, but they're worthy opponents. I'll use the fabric of space-time to wring them out of existance! (Prologue Simon, Episode 1's Prologue)
- GURREN LAGANN, SPIN ON! Who the hell do you think i am?. (Prologue Simon, Episode 1's Prologue)
- Digging tunnels, that's my job. The more we dig, the more the village can expand. When the village chief is happy, he feeds me pigmole steaks. Do i just dig for the steaks? No, not exactly. I also do it so i can dig up treasure. (Episode 1)
- My parents died in an earthquake, it happened when i was 7. No matter how many holes i dig, the ceiling is eventually gonna fall and crush me, the chief and everybody in the village, and we're all gonna die. That's a given, that's a fact of life. Or is it? (Episode 1)
- GGHHH... IT SUCKS!!! (Episode 2)
- LEAVING! I'M GOING BACK HOME! I WANNA GO BACK TO OUR VILLAGE! (Episode 2)
- What are you doing? You could've been killed! (Episode 2)
- Ghh! I can't do this anymore, You do it, Bro! (Episode 2)
- This tremors... they did it... they were the cause of the tremors... IT'S THEM, THE QUAKES WERE THEIR FAULT!... IT'S THEIR FAULT MY MOM AND DAD ARE.... aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH!! (Episode 2)
- Don't even think about touching my BROTHER! (Episode 2)
- Ah, c'mon, gimme a break, will ya, Bro? (Episode 2)
- I believe...... I believe....... I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEVE!!! (Episode 3)
- I'm scared, i'm so scared i can't stand it, but, I CAN'T STAND AROUND WHILE YOU GET YOURSELF KILLED! (Episode 3)
- WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO, BRO?! (Episode 6)
- I'm so DEAD, Bro! (Episode 6)
- Gah... Bro, It's too big for us! (Episode 7)
- I'm scared, Bro! Really Scared! (Episode 7)
- Listen to me Bro, Yoko's right! Let's retreat just this once! (Episode 7)
- If it means getting you home in one piece, I'd be happy to lose my nerve! I mean, everyone's waiting for you to come back! (beat) BRO! (Episode 7)
- Yeah, all over... FOR YOU!! EEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! (Episode 7)
- None of my business, None of my business, None of my business, None of my business, None of my business, None of my business. What she does... it's not my damn business. (Episode 8)
- But whyyy? WHY IS THAT KEEPING ME FROM CONCENTRATING?! DAMMIT!! (Episode 8)
- uh... heh...hrah... huh...huh... No...
BROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (Episode 8)
- It's no use. I can't do anything, there's just.... there's just nothing i can do now. (Episode 8)
- Bro?! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! (Episode 8)
- That day, Team Dai-Guren lost someone, who could never be replaced. (Episode 8, Japanese version)
- It's okay. What Kittan said it's true. I killed Bro. I'll just get tougher. I mean, i have to get tough. I'll fight hard enough for both me and Bro. (Episode 9)
- WHO STRIKES FIRST WINS!! THAT'S HOW BRO WOULD'VE DONE IT!! (Episode 9)
- Bro... HE NEVER SCREAMED LIKE THAT, NOT EVER!! (Episode 9)
- BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BAS-UAUUGH!! (Episode 9)
- BRO WOULD NOT RUN AWAY, NOT KAMINA, NOT EVEEEEEEEEERR!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Episode 9)
- Dammit, not again. I don't get it, why do you keep refusing to do as i tell you? LAGANN!! (Episode 9)
- I'M SICK OF IT!! I'M SICK OF HAVING TO WATCH PEOPLE DIE!! I don't care what happens to me... JUST SO LONG AS NOBODY ELSE HAS TO DIE!!! (Episode 9)
- So, Lagann, what's going to happen with us next? Are you just going to abandon me too? WHAT THE HELL IS IT THAT YOU WANT ME TO DO?! I WANNA AVENGE BRO'S DEATH AND I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!! (Episode 9)
- TO HELL WITH IT!! Piece of crap..... NIIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (Episode 10)
- I can't do it, i'll never be able to be like you, Bro. (Episode 10)
- Nia is... Nia... IS WAITING FOR ME!! (Gurren-hen)
- My Bro is dead, HE'S GONE! But he's right there on my back, and here in my heart! HE LIVES ON AS A PART OF ME!! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens. No matter what's in my way, I won't stop! Once I've dug through, IT MEANS THAT I'VE WON!! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm not my Bro, Kamina. I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!! (Episode 11 and Gurren-Hen)
- WE DON'T HAVE TIME... TO FOOL AROUND.... WITH YOU AND YOUR FRIEEEEEEENDS!! (Episode 12)
- PUT HER DOWN, LET NIA GO!!! (Episode 12)
- My Bro isn't here. You're looking for Bro? He's dead. (Episode 13)
- I'm putting an end to this, Viral, RIGHT HERE! (Episode 13)
- Viral, you're playing dirty! This happens every single time, IS THIS HOW YOU REALLY DO THINGS?! (Episode 13)
- Bro? Bro, I could never be you, but I'm going off to do what only I can do. The things that only Simon the Digger can do. (Episode 14)
- I'll come back to visit, once this is all over. (Episode 14)
- Let's hurry, i've got a feeling that those Beastmen are gonna be pulling all the stuffs today. (Episode 14)
- Don't worry guys, we're gonna win, count on it. I really mean it! Just who the hell do you think we are? (Episode 14)
- Just leave all these guys to me! You go help Dai-Guren! (Episode 14)
- If we lose Dai-Guren now, we won't be able to take on that behemoth, Teppelin! And that's why we came here! (Episode 14)
- Try me and find out! (Episode 14)
- Rossiu! Lob it back! (Episode 14)
- Ghh... Bro, I... (Episode 14)
- Oh... Hey! It's... It's Bro's flag! (Episode 14)
- Give it time! Me and Bro's Gurren Lagann can do more than that! Please, Gurren Lagann! If you have a mind of your own, Hear me! Respond to me! (Episode 14)
- (beat) I... don't believe it! It's a... a gigantic... base? (End of Episode 14)
- Don't give up. Kicking logic out and doing the impossible is the way Team Gurren rolls. Rossiu, have faith in me. Believe in the Simon who believes in you. We still have some fight left in us! (Episode 15)
- QUIT YOUR STUPID JAMMERING!!! I'm not gonna lose! Nia, Yoko, Rossiu, Leeron, Kittan, Dayakka. Every member of Team Dai-Gurren believes in me! The ME that my Bro believed in, THE ME THAT I BELIEVE IN, IS NEVER GONNA LOSE TO THE LIKES! OF! YOU!! AAAAHH!!! (Episode 15)
- I'm Simon... The Great Gurren Brigade's Leader, Simon the Digger! If you become a wall blocking my way...I'll drill a hole in you and blow you apart anytime! That is... my drill! (Episode 15) (Japanese Version)
- My name is Simon, leader of Team Dai-Gurren, Simon the Digger! If you decide that you're gonna be a wall that's standing in my way, then i have something that will open a hole in you every time! And that something... IS MY DRILL!! (English version)
- Well, i guess the beautiful princess isn't going to let me protect her. (Episode 17)
- YES! I DIT IT!! BRO, I DID IT!! (Episode 17)
- DUMBASS!! PROTECTING THE CITY AND ALL ITS CITIZENS!! THAT IS AND SHOULD ALWAYS BE OUR NUMBER ONE JOB!! Has all this peace made you soft?! (Episode 17)
- This is the one place I can be Me. (Referring to Gurren Lagann. Episode 17)
- LET'S GO, YOU FACELESS BASTAAAARD!!! GIGAAAAA DRIIIIILL BREEEEEEAAAAK!! (Mugann blasts Simon) GAAAAAH!! RAAAAGHH!! DAMN!! QUIT BUGGING ME!! LIKE I HAD TIME FOR THAT!! (Episode 17)
- Oh.. This is it!! I'm sick of you and your Lightshow!! I'm taking this crappy beam of yours, AND SHOVING IT HARD... RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROOOAT!!! (Episode 17)
- Oh... Shit... (Episode 17, Japanese version, after killing the Mugann)
- Is that... Nia? (Episodes 17-18)
- Rossiu, Where is Nia?! She's not answering her mobile, is that really Nia saying all that crazy stuff? That can't be her, can it?! (Episode 18)
- That's right we, SNATCHED VICTORY FROM DEFEAT... AND THAT'S WHAT WE'LL KEEP DOING... FOR AS LONG AS IT TAAAKES!!! (Episode 22)
- Giga Drill.... Spin ON! (Episode 22)
- You're wrong. Maybe you don't realize it yourself. But when you appeared to me at that time, you wanted me to help you. When we defeated Lordgenome, you said you would head towards tomorrow. You and i built that future, along with the people who came to the surface. Would you destroy that yourself? I'm gonna grab hold of your future with my own two hands, so just GET OUT OF THE WAY! PLEASE, NIA!! (Episode 22)
- ROOOSSIUUUUUUUU!! LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEEEETH!!! (Episode 23)
- Snapped out of it yet, Rossiu? You know, I was once belted like that too. Everybody makes mistakes, it's to be expected, but, when you do make a mistake, you should be slugged by someone. I mean, there is no need to punish yourself. At the time, you might think that it's a mistake that you can never undo, even if it is, if we kick and scream and fight like Hell, we'll move forward a little bit. I was taught, to Believe in the Me that believes... in Myself. That's probably how it should be, at least that's what i think. You had the courage and strength to try to do something that I never could have done, no matter what. What's so terrible about that? Come on, Rossiu, I need you. (Episode 23)
- I'll be back in a flash, with a really huge drill. I'm counting on you guys. (Episode 24)
- I will never forget... this minute, this second... I will never forget this moment! (Episode 24: I Will Never Forget... This Minute, This Second.)
- Leave it to me, Dayakka. See, the key here is to rev up the engines faster than the energy can be drained. Our power it's limitless, just as long as our hearts don't give in! aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! DAMMIT, C'MOOOON!!! (Episode 25)
- Don't give up you guys. We can't let the Anti-Spirals have things their way! Our dead friends... the Spiral Races that fell in battle... we'll take in all their regrets. We'll take it all in, and turn it all into strength! WE'RE NOT GONNA LET IT END!! NOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!(Episode 25)
- The missile didn't make it? (Episode 25)
- Kittan, i accept your last wish. Ok, Viral, Boota. Let's do this! TIME TO TRANSFORM! (Episode 25)
- Our friends' hopes and dreams are etched into its body, transforming the infinite darkness into light! Unmatched in Heaven and Earth! One Machine equal to the Gods! SUPER GALAXY.... GURREN LAGANN!!! Now we're gonna show you... HUUMAAAAAAAN..... POWEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! (Episodes 25-26, Lagann-Hen)
- My friends' feelings are etched onto my body. I'll change this infinite darkness into light! Heaven and Earth! One body, One Soul! SUPER GALAXY GURREN LAGANN! I'll show you the power... OF HUMANITY!!! (Original Japanese version)
- OF COURSE! LIKE THOSE PEBBLES... WOULD WORK ON US!! (Episode 26)
- Gurren Boomerang... Super Galaxy... MEGA... CUTTER! (Episode 26)
- WEREN'T YOU LISTENING?! THOSE LITTLE THINGS WONT WORK!!(Episode 26)
- YOU'RE WRONG, DUMBASS!! I'll protect them, the girl, the Universe, BOTH OF THEM! I don't wanna regret doing nothing because of a tomorrow that might never come. That's the way TEAM DAI-GURREN ROLLS!! (Episode 26)
- Super Galaxy... GIGA... DRILL... BREAAAK!!! (Episode 26)
- My... My drill... My drill is... My Drill... Is... THE DRILL THAT'S GONNA PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!! (Episode 26)
- This isn't goodbye, you're always here. (Episode 26)
- Sorry if I'm late, Nia. (Episode 26)
- Well Nia, I'm here, just like i promised. (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Don't underestimate us! We don't care about time, or space or multi-dimensional whatevers! We don't give a damn about that. Force your way down a path YOU choose to take, and do it all yourself! That's the way Team Dai-Gurren rolls! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- The tomorrow we're trying to reach is...not a tomorrow you've decided on! We... by ourselves... choose our tomorrow from the infinite universes! We will fight through it... we will fight through it and protect the universe! We'll show you we can do it! (Episode 27) (Japanese version)
- Simon: Of course we do, The tomorrow we are trying to grab for ourselves... IT'S NOT THE TOMORROW THAT YOU'VE SET OUT FOR US!! It's the tomorrow that we choose for ourselves, a tomorrow that we choose out of all the infinite Universes, We'll fight our way through! We'll keep fighting and protect the Universe! WE'LL STOP THE SPIRAL NEMESIS TOO!!
- Anti-Spiral:You can't POSSIBLY ACCOMPLISH ALL THAT!
- Simon: JUST WATCH US!! (English version)
- My resolve, broken? Who the hell told you that?! (Lagann-hen)
- Yes, you're right. DO YOU SEE,ANTI-SPIRAL? THIS is my resolve, the resolve of Team Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren!! I'll say it as many times as I have to: JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! (Lagann-Hen)
- NOT YET, WE'RE NOT DONE!! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- We evolve, beyond the person that we were a minute before! Little by little, we advance a bit further with each turn! That's how a drill works! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- No, that's YOUR limitation! YOU SIT HERE CLOSED OFF, LOCKING AWAY OTHER LIFEFORMS LIKE SOME KIND OF KING!! THAT'S NOBODY'S LIMITATION BUT YOUR OWN!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- EAT THIIIIS!!! Finishing Move! SUPER TENGEN TOPPA... GIGA... DRILL... BREAAAAAAAAAAK!!!!! (Lagann-hen)
- MARK MY WORDS! This drill, will open a hole in the Universe! And that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen, the hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow! And THAT'S Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL,
THAT CREATES THE HEAVEEEENS!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Lagann? GYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! (Lagann-hen)
- That may be, but I... I'll believe! In the Me that believes in myself and my friends...in humanity...in the future! I'll Believe... My Drill... Is My... SOUL!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! (Lagann-Hen)
- Sore de Ore wa... Ore wa shinjiru! Ore ga shinjiru Ore-tachi no, Ningen no, Mirai no!. Ore wa shinjiru... Doriru da... Ore no...
TAMASHI DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! (Japanese)
- Of course, believe in us. Have faith in me and the rest of Humanity. (Lagann-Hen)
- It's all over, Nia. (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- I'm just Simon The Digger, i shouldn't walk the roads i dig. (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
Narrator (A.K.A. 41-year old Simon)
- This is the tale of a man who is yet to realize his destiny. (Recaps from Episodes 2-9)
- Simon and Kamina lived in an undergound village, but the sudden appearance of a giant mecha known as a Gunman, and Yoko, a beautiful woman who's a crack shot with a super-conducting rifle, have shattered their daily routine. They attacked the enemy mecha, their momentum launches the trio to the Surface. But then... (Opening of Episode 2)
- Simon's Lagann, and Kamina's Gurren perfect their combination technique, and the result is named Gurren Lagann. Their journey in search of the enemy's headquarters continues. However... (Episode 5)
- This is the tale of a man who continues to fight against destiny. (Recaps from Episodes 10 and 12-15)
- At that very moment, Fate took shape, and appeared before the awestruck man. (Opening of Episode 15)
- This is the tale of a man who continues to search for his own path, even as fate betrays him. (Recaps from Episodes 18-21)
- This is the tale of a man who pierces the fate of the Universe ruled by the endless cycle of violence. (Recaps from Episodes 23-26)
- Of course it worked, just who the hell do you- (sees the kid enthusiastically drink the coconut) uh... uh... heh... baaah... i guess i'm no one. (Episode 27's Epilogue and Lagann-Hen)
- Sure you will, because The Lights In the Sky are Stars. Yeah, they are stars, stars where our Spiral cousins are waiting for us. (The parting words of the show, Episode 27's Epilogue and Lagann-hen)
- I have no idea where he gets his confidence. (Episode 2)
- Good grief, why am i always stuck giving the moron backup? (Episode 2)
- WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, YOU MORONIC PINHEAD?!! IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A TRAP!! WHAT KIND OF IDIOT WOULD'VE CREATED THAT?! YOUR CRAZE MUST BE RUNNING OUT, YOU BIG PERVERT!! (Episode 6)
- KAMINA, YOU TOTAL MORON!! HOW COULD YOU FALL FOR SOMETHING THAT STUPID?! THINK ABOUT IT!! HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGHT WITHOUT GURREN?!! (Episode 6)
- Um... mmmmm... buh... THEN YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SO!! IF YOU WANNA SEE THEM THAT BAD I CAN SHOW'EM TO YOU ANYTIME!!....... oooh... Wait, That didn't come out right! Thunn.. That's not the way i meant to say it! Look look, we need to chill this Gunman, allright? (Episode 6)
- We did it! We did it! We did it! GyaaaaAAAAH!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! (Episode 6)
- Hello, Kamina, do you read me? With the shape you're in you don't have a chance of winning! Listen. If you're defeated like this, who's going to lead our new allies against this monsters? If you keep fighting and get yourself killed for nothing, Who's gonna be our leader?! (Episode 7)
- It can't be... (Episode 8)
- There's nobody else like them. (Episode 8)
- You said you'd return that kiss ten times over, but instead you left me with a... a big hole in my heart. Kamina, you jerk! (Episode 9)
- I'M NOT LETTING... ANYONE ELSE DIE!! (Episode 9)
- You probably shouldn't. Nothing you could say right now can help him. You'll only make the hole in his heart bigger than it already is. (Episode 9)
- Fact is, there's no place here for somebody who can't pull his own weight. If you really wanna help Simon, just don't cuddle him. He needs to snap himself out of his funk or it'll never happen. (Episode 11)
- Huh? Are you kidding me?! WHOAAAAAAAAAAHH!! (Episode 13)
- So, I leave for a while, and you have to go and become a real boring bitch. (Episode 22)
- I won't let NIA'S DREAMS DIE!! (Lagann-Hen)
- He's right! We humans used to have somebody much greater than us! For his sake alone, WE'LL KEEP ON MOVING FORWARD!! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- Dark, sunken eyes. Feelings that cannot be suppresed. This wetness striking my cheek. Is this, rain? Next time on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, What Exactly Is A... Human? (Episode 9 preview)
- Stop this at once, Adiane! First Princess Nia, Daughter of Spiral King Lordgenome! I command you to leave, Adiane the Elegant! Are you not aware of who i am?! (Episode 9)
- I may be just another of his castoff dolls, but i've learned something on the surface. Just as Simon believed in his Bro, I believe in my Simon. (Episode 11)
- It has been a long time, my Father. Why are you doing all this, Father? You drive Humans underground and kill them if they come to the Surface. IT'S HORRIBLE!! How could you do such a cruel and terrible thing like that?! (Episode 15)
- There's no such thing as a guardian who... kills his charges! ARE YOU SO BLIND THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?! (Episode 15)
- If people's faith in you is what gives you all of your strength then, I'll believe in you with every fiber of my being! SO PLEASE, PLEASE WIN! (Episode 15)
- Farewell, my Father. I will head towards tomorrow. (Episode 15)
- Attention, Humans of Earth, hear me now. We the Anti-Spiral Race of the Universe, have determined that Humans have achieved Spiral Power Danger Level 2, and are a menace. We hereby activate the Humanity Extermination System. I will say again. The Humanity Annihilation System has been activated. You are not allowed to leave Earth or be released. (Messenger!Nia. Episodes 17-18)
- No matter how deeply you probe my body, you'll never understand! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Then you may as well give up, because you'll never be able to defeat them! He will come. You can be sure of that. (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Thank you, Father. (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Right, it doesn't matter how hard it may be, Simon will never give up! The Simon i believe in, the resolve of Team Dai-Gurren, WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!! (Lagann-Hen)
- I was created by you, that's something that can't be changed, but i will still fight you until my last breath! AND I'LL DO... JUST THAT!! (Lagann-hen)
- Thank you, Simon, you've come all this way for me! I'm happy with that. (Lagann-hen)
- Simon, you've come all this way so you could finally do what you had to do, right? (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- The resolve of Humanity has no limits! I've staked EVERYTHING, on the greatness of the Human Spirit too! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- Yes. Let's go home! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- I love you so, Simon.... (Last words, Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- From the Black Siblings, Kittan is here! Sorry for keeping you waiting. (Episode 7)
- THE NAME'S KITTAN, YOU JERK!! DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME ALREADY?! (Episode 7)
- I'M NOT COPYING ANYONE!!! (Episode 7)
- Why, you little... DON'T GET TOO FULL OF YOURSELF!! YOU KNOW, IF YOU HAD HELD IT TOGETHER, KAMINA WOULDN'T BE DEAD RIGHT NOW!!! (Episode 9)
- Neither am I! KITTAN STINGEEEEEEEEEERRR!!! (King Kittan impales the Gunman with his upper spikes) Now with this headsplitter from HELL!! HYAAAAH!! (Enemy Gunman gets ripped in half and explodes) Now THAT'S what i'm talking about. (Episode 9)
- The Spiral King threw away his own daugther?! That's one thing I WON'T STAND FOOOR!! (Episode 10)
- C'mon, he's a lost cause, he's turned into a spineless kid that's good for nothing but digging. He'd be better off going back to Giha Village. (Episode 11)
- Ah, C'mon! This is frustrating! SIMON AND YOKO ARE FIGHTING IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA OF NOT BACKING THEM UP?! LET ME FLY UP THERE AND KICK THEIR ASSES MYSELF! (Episode 13)
- It's not just the power of the Black Siblings we're gonna show 'em, IT'S THE POWER OF TEAM DAI-GURREN!!! (Episode 14)
- Well, well, the amateur has turned into a first rate commander! Listen up! We'll handle the cannon fodder, You nail that battleship! (Episode 14)
- OK, bozos, LET'S DO IT!! (Episode 14)
- Hey, Kiyal! Time to Combine!! KING KITTAN DELUXE!!! LET'S DO THIS!! (Episode 14)
- Don't screw around! What, are you trying a Last Stand or something?! (Episode 14)
- Ugh, OK. We're going back now! SMASH THOSE SURFACE GUNMEN TO PIECES!! Simon, we're countin' on ya'.
- Son of a bitch, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! (Episode 14)
- Ok, guys, all that's left now is to level Teppelin, SO LET'S- ehhhh... oh craaap... AAAAHHH!! (Episode 14)
- WOOHOO!! YOU DID IT, SIMON!! (Episode 15)
- SPACE SUNBEEEEEEEEEEEEAAM!!! (Episode 24)
- Show me a guy who ain't afraid of dyin'!"(Episode 25)
- When you're scared, it's all the more reason to move forward! (Episode 25)
- I won't say some showy crap like "Later, buddy" or something lame like that! I'LL BE SEEING YOU SOON, YOU BOZOS!! (Episode 25)
- I borrowed one of Gurren Lagann's drills as a good luck charm! And believe me, I'M GONNA PUT IT TO GOOD USE! (Episode 25 and Lagann-Hen)
- (wielding one of Gurren Lagann's drills) This is Simon's soul! Team Dai-Gurren's soul! Humanity's soul... and actually, it's MY SOUL! DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK IT'S GONNA BE WIPED OUT BY THE LIKES OF YOUUUU?!! King Kittaaaan... GIGA... DRIIIIIILL BREEEEEEEEEEEAK!!!(Episode 25)
- So this is the power of the Spiral... Not bad, not bad at all... ha... hahahahahaha...(Last words, Episode 25 and Lagann-Hen)
- Still, you should be very careful. Good intentions can sometimes tempt good people to travel down the wrong path, just as it did in my village. (Episode 7) (Ironic, isn't it?)
- Simon, you have to calm down! If you keep on fighting this way YOU will be the one who dies this time! (Episode 9)
- You know, I wanna know why you people stay working in the Government. At every Council meeting all you do is kick back. IS THAT WHAT YOUR JOB IS?! Those who told us they couldn't handle the job and just left, WERE A LOT MORE HONEST! (Episode 17)
- You understand absolutely nothing. (Episode 17: You Understand Absolutely Nothing)
- Commander, please, it's not safe! It's not your job to go out and fight on the frontlines! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT?! (Episode 17)
- He didn't know what it was and yet he charged in, counter-attacked blindly and completely destroyed it! Rash doesn't begin to describe the Supreme Commander's actions! (Episode 17)
Now then, this time you're gonna tell me everything! Tell me all the secrets of this world. Wake up, Lordgenome! (Episode 18: Tell Me All The Secrets Of This World)
- We will survive by any means necessary (Episode 19)
- Oh, God, how far will you test us? (Episode 20)
- You must survive. (Episode 21)
- I can't hold a candle to him, in the end he overturned every plan set against him. (Episode 22)
- No, STAY AWAY!! (Episode 23)
- It's bad, but it'll take more than that to finish 'em! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Simon, do you read me? Simon! We're being contacted by one planet after another from across the galaxy! The freed Spiral Races are all sending us measages of joy and celebration! There are so many other like us out there... (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- If nothing else, i must compliment you, Human. For not knowing... WHEN TO GIVE UP!! This time it's really over. (Episode 2)
- You are stupid through and through, aren't you? It's not the number of faces, it's the level of skill! now DIE!! (Episode 3)
- IMPOSSIBLE!! (Episodes 3 and 12)
- KAMINA YOU BASTARD SON OF A BITCH!! (Episode 7)
- Take this, have it back. (Episode 8)
- Do you have the slightest idea, the depths of my SHAAAAME?! The humilliation of being a sole survivor, begging to take part in this battle, so that i might have a chance to face YOUUUUUUUU!!! (Episode 13)
- Why is there only a woman and a child here? WHERE DID KAMINA GOOOOOO?! (Episode 13)
- Are you telling me that he died back then? Kamina's dead? You're saying, that i've been losing to you? to a child?! (Episode 13)
- An insult done to me by a Gunman, will be repayed by my Gunman. That's how I roll, Human! (Episode 13)
- How can this be?! How can i be losing to a lowly human cub?! (Episode 13)
- Nicely dodged. As expected, Simon! (Episode 15)
- As you can see, I'm a whole new being today! I have a new body that needs no rest and can go on fighting... INDEFINITELY! I've become more than a Beastman! THIS PLACE WILL BE YOUR GRAVE!! (Episode 15)
- WHAT?! It... That's not possible... HOW CAN THIS BE?! Dammit, WHY CAN'T I DEFEAT HIM?! (Episode 15)
Ugh... Majesty... (Episode 15)
- You're screaming, aren't you, Enkidudu? Try for just a little longer! (Episode 17)
- Ergh!..gh.. Ghh? You're down for good. Thanks for putting up with my selfish demands. I'm very sorry. (Episode 17)
- Look over there, i was trying to protect them. That's right. All they wanted to do was live underground, there are some Humans who feel that way, you know? They believe in their hearts that their true home lies underground. That's why i decided to help them out. Except for where they're forced to live, aren't you doing exactly the same as the Spiral King? Aren't you, Simon? (Episode 17)
- I swear, It's never a dull moment with you around! (Episode 22)
- And i was having such a sappy dream... (Episode 26, Lagann-hen)
- Have you snapped out of you thousand-year-old doldrum, Spiral King? (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- You're gonna have... to PASS THROUGH ME!! (Lagann-hen)
- Please stay away, Princess Nia-Sama.
- I am honored to protect a princess of the Spiral... I AM GRATEFUL... FOR THIS TWIST OF FAAATE!!! (Lagann-Hen)
- SIMON!! GOOOOOOO!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- When you screw it in, give it a hard, maaanly twist. (Episode 2)
- Well i'm impressed. Hijacking a Gunman isn't something that ever even ocurred to us. Those boys are quite amusing, aren't they? (Episode 2)
- I can't miss out on something this interesting, can I? It could be that these two will change something. (Episode 3)
- Smarty Pants. (Referring to Rossiu) (Episode 7)
- Listen, when Gurren Lagann combines, it's accomplished by Lagann taking over all of Gurren's systems. That's Gurren Lagann's strength. That means that if Lagann can combine with Dai-Gunzan, it willll be able to take over IT'S systems. Lagann's power it's also linked to Simon's mental energy. Depending on his spirit... Are you paying attention, Simon? (Episode 7)
- SIMON, COME IN!! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!! (Episode 8)
- What in the world.... IT'S HAPPENIIING?! (Episode 15)
- Rossiu, did you forget? This girl's come all this way to give her father a piece of her mind. When a girl sets her mind on something, a good man is obliged to help her do it. (Episode 15)
- When objects revolve at a high speed, even if force is applied, the axis of revolution will always remain in a fixed position. This is one of the laws of the universe. That's right. The faster you spin, the faster you free yourself from Earth's gravity, and seek the heavens. (Episode 22)
- Boy, talk about overkill... (Episode 2)
- A CROSS COUNTER?! (Episode 3)
- Gurren Lagann has become a symbol of hope for humanity. More so than you could ever imagine. (Episode 7)
- Dai-Gurren, FULL SPEED AHEAD! (Episode 13)
- ALRIGHT, HERE WE GO!! SUPER DIMENSIONAL ANCHOR!! I'VE GOT.... THE BEST WIFE IN THE UNIVEEEERSE... SWIIIIIIIIIING!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Humanity, Hear me! You foolish species. Know Terror! Terror before my absolute power. You shall bow before overwhelming terror and despair! Bow, in the name of the Spiral King. (Gurren-hen. Prologue)
- Slumber beneath the surface, you foolish species. This, is the fate of this world. (Gurren-Hen, prologue)
- It is said that the god who once created the world in seven days, created man on the sixth. (Episode 14)
- That is what makes them so terrifying. I sealed them down in the depths of the Earth, so they would never again take root on the Surface. (Episode 14)
- Ignorants, it is what allows them to fight. Pitiful... hm. (Episode 14)
- I see that you've somehow managed to arrive, Man of the Spiral. (Episode 15)
- Oh Viral, you poor little creature. The power I gave you isn't meant to be used to overcome the Humans. (Episode 15)
- To begin with, no Beastman will ever be a match against a human who has aquired the Power of the Spiral. Viral, it's true I gave you a new body that functions without needing rest and can never die, but it was not so you could fight Humans. It was so you could be a storyteller who would recount for all time the Victory of the Spiral King. (Episode 15)
- Stay where you are and Observe. Observe the fate of a foolish Human, and then, until the very end of time itself, tell of the futility of raising a rebellion against the Spiral King. (Episode 15)
- Nia. You're looking quite well, you do know I never expected to ever see your face again. (Episode 15)
- Hmhm... hmhmhmhm... HAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ignorance is such a frightening thing. You might believe yourselves to be fighting on the side of righteousness, but I am the one who is truly protecting this world. It is I, Lordgenome, who is the ultimate guardian of humanity. (Episode 15)
- This world that i have created is the only path to ensure humanity's survival. You and your friends have strayed from that path and I cannot allow that to continue. For humanity's sake, you must die. (Episode 15)
- The Spiral Power is strong within you. Yet you are unaware that such power leads to destruction. Allow me to teach you... And show you its futility. You are not the only one to possess the power of the Spiral. I will show you the awesome and terrible truth of real Spiral Power. Behold my Lazengann. (Episode 15)
- I WILL CRUSH YOU INTO DUUUUUUUUUST!!! (Episode 15)
- I shouldn't have trusted a Gunman... TO GET THE JOB DONE!! (Episode 15)
- What's wrong? Has all your Spiral Power run dry? (Episode 15)
- I haven't had this much fun in a long time, boy. Now, BACK INTO THE DIRT WITH YOU!! (Episode 15)
- You fool! Your power will doom us all! (Super Robot Wars Z2: Hakai-hen)
- I see, your Spiral Power has grown sufficient to outstrip my own. Hear this now, you will soon come to regret it. I will leave you with this warning: When the land overflows with a million apes the Moon shall become Hell's Messenger and completely destroy the world of the Spiral. (Episode 15)
- It is his way. He is attempting to inflict Absolute Despair on us by fighting and defeating us on equal terms. (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- We are in a Super Spiral universe, where thought is given form. Let me join this fight, though my body is temporary. (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Nia, I know I don't have the right to act as your father, but you have done well. (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- I am no King! Just a simple warrior, the same as you are, Viral. (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Simon! Leave this one... TO ME!! LAZENGANN... OVERLOOOOOOOAAAADAAH!! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- Do not grieve for me, daughter! My soul once drowned in a sea of despair and weariness but has reawakened! If this body can create a tomorrow for all Spiral life, I will gladly give it! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- Just what I was... WAITING FOR!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- SIMON!! TAKE IIIIT!! (Last words, Episode 27, and Lagann-Hen)
- People ask us, "What are you?" "What is Life?" "What is the Universe?" They go to their graves, never learning the answers. Such is their fate. People ask us, "Why do We fight?" "Why do We kill?" "Why are We being overthrown?" They go to their graves, never learning the answers. Such is their happiness. (Gurren-hen, Prologue)
- You see beauty in struggling to the bitter end, a trait instinctive to those bewitched by the power of the Spiral. Neverthenless, that is an act which's been repeated time and time again, now follow the same fate as those Spiral Warriors... WHO CAME BEFORE YOU! (Episode 26, Lagann-Hen)
- Your actions are baffling, Irregular. Why do you resist us so? You were a virtual lifeform that was spliced into the genome of the Spiral race. When the remnants of that Spiral race rose up in rebellion against us, you would be awakened and become our messenger. That is your reason for being. The fact that you were born to and loved a Spiral Warrior is nothing more than a coincidence. There is nothing special or unique about you. It is quite a rare thing for a Messenger to be so reconsiderant. The reason behind your defiance, and the reason behind their abstinence, determining those could give us the key to exterminate all Spiral lifeforms. (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- We have no need to understand, we only need to know. (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Impossible! Sentient lifeforms can't possibly escape from a Multi-Dimensional Labyrinth! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Spiral Race! Is that all you... HAAAAAAAVE?! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Is that all you have? Spiral RAAAAAAACE?! (Japanese version)
- HAHAHAHAHA! You waste your time. The Universe is under our complete control. Your chances of winning here are absolutely... ZERO!! (Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- She is correct. We Anti-Spirals were once a Spiral Race like yourselves, but when we learned tat the evolution of Spiral Power would lead to the destruction of the Universe, we annihilated all those who possessed the power of the Spiral, and drove the few surviving lifeforms to the far corners of the Universe. We halted our own evolution, and locked ourselves away in this pocket Universe, on our homeworld we sealed away our bodies and any possibility of evolution! This ugly form is the symbol of our determination! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- HOW NAIVE!! It doesn't matter how much you fight, there is no way you can get everything you want! You will never understand the meaning of your actions! (Lagann-hen)
- Why are you still fighting us, then? The Irregular you're trying to save was created by us! If we are destroyed, she will die as well! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! (Lagann-hen)
- You failed to even understand such an obvious thing as causality... YOU KEEP BLINDLY STUMBLING FORWARD!! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SUCH AN INSTINCT WILL LEAD TO THE DESTRUCTION OF THE UNIVERSE?! (Lagann-Hen)
- Foolish creatures, drunk on your Spiral Power! DO YOU POSSESS THE RESOLVE TO DO THAT?! WE DEFENDED THE UNIVERSE BY KILLING OUR FELLOW SPIRALS AND HALTING OUR OWN EVOLUTION!! DO YOU POSSESS THIS NEEDED FORTITUDE THAT IS ON PARALLEL WITH THAT, DO YOU?!! WE SAY NO!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, NOT! AT! AAAAAALL!!! You possess neither Will, nor Resolve, NOR REASON!! YOU USE YOUR SPIRAL POWER TO SATISFY YOUR OWN DESIRES AND GROW DRUNK ON IT!! IT'S YOUR FUNDAMENTAL LIMITATION!! IT IS FOR THAT REASON, THAT WE MUST EXTERMINATE YOU!!!! (Episode 27)
- FOOLISH CREATURES DRUNK ON YOUR SPIRAL POWER... DO YOU, WHO PANIC OVER THE LOSS OF A MERE IRREGULAR, POSSESS A REASONINING ABILITY THAT CAN COMPARE TO OUR OWN?!! WE DEFENDED THE UNIVERSE BY KILLING OUR FELLOW SPIRALS AND HALTING OUR OWN EVOLUTION!! DO YOU POSSESS THIS NEEDED REASONING THAT IS ON PARALLEL WITH THAT, DO YOU?!! NO!! NO NO NO NO NO NO, NOT AT ALL!!! YOU POSSESS NEITHER WILL, NOR RESOLVE, NOR REASON!! YOU USE YOUR SPIRAL POWER TO SATISFY YOUR OWN DESIRES AND GROW DRUNK ON IT!! THAT'S THE FUNDAMENTAL LIMITATION OF THE SPIRAL RACES!! IT IS FOR THAT REASON, THAT WE MUST EXTERMINATE YOU!!!! (Lagann-Hen)
- So, that is your homeworld, isn't it? (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- And now, your resolve, your final source of strength, has been broken, Man of the Spiral. Now, DIE WITH DIGNITY!! (Lagann-hen)
- You puny Irregular, YOU DARE TO DEFY US?! (Lagann-hen)
- HAHAHAHAHAHA!! DIE!! (Lagann-Hen)
- We told you before, YOU WASTE YOUR TI-HMMMM?! (Lagann-hen)
- You continue to struggle, even knowing what you know?! (Episode 27)
- EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! We see that you've materialized such large amounts of Spiral Energy in this pocket universe that we created! It's no wonder that you were able to escape the Multidimensional Labyrinth!! BUT THIS, IT'S NOT OVEEER!!! (Lagann-hen)
- Such arrogance from a lowly species that is kept supressed by us, WE WILL MAKE YOU REGRET... YOUR INSOLEEEENCE!! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- HmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! INFINITY.... BIG BANG.... STOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRM!!!! BURN IN THE EVERLASTING HELLFIRE OF CREATION!! BE UTTERLY ANNIHILATED, DOWN TO THE VERY LAST SCRAP, OF DNAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Your deaths will be for nothing! BEGONE!!! (Episode 27, Lagann-hen)
- Impossible! He allowed himself to undergo Quantum Breakdown so he could become one with the energy?! (Episode 27)
- How can this be?! Where are you drawing all of this power from?! (Episode 27)
- We can't believe it!! (Lagann-hen)
- THAT IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO EXTINCTION!! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THE PATHETIC LIMITATION OF THE SPIRAL RACES?!! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen)
- Interesting, in that case: ANTI SPIRAAAAL.... GIGA.... DRILL... BREEEEEEAK!!! (Lagann-Hen)
- Huh?! Impossible... Nothing can withstand our power! (Lagann-Hen)
- You struggle in vain! (Lagann-Hen)
- If this is how it must be, protect the universe at all costs. (Last Words, Episode 27 and Lagann-Hen)
- Narama, ko no uchiu, karamatsu ma moreu. (Japanese version)
- Anti-Spiral: People ask themselves, "What are You?" "What is Life?" "What is the Universe?" They go to their graves, never learning the answers. Such, is their fate.
- Lordgenome: A vista I once saw. An unusual tranquility. Small hopes. (Referring to Earth) Take those away from a man, and he will stand up. The hope they hold within, as well as their place in evolution brings forth enormous power, and the man fights...
- Anti-Spiral: ...Thereby learning the meaning of "Despair".
- Anti-Spiral: People ask themselves, "Why do We fight?" "Why do We kill?" "Why are We being overthrown?" They go to their graves, never learning the answers. Such, is their happiness. (Gurren-Hen, Prologue)
- Simon: Bro, I think I'll be able to do the job with this.
- Kamina: Alright! Smash us into that big ugly mug! Let it feel the power of Team Gurren's mighty Drill!
(Simon squeezes Lagann's handles)
- Simon: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
(Lagann's mouth expels a green light, its hands turn into drills)
- Kamina: Get going Simon, Bust through the heavens WITH YOUR DRILL!
- Both: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! (Gunman's club and right arm are obliterated by Lagann as it lifts the mecha with its thrusters' strength) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
(Lagann pushes the Gunman through the holein the ceiling, the villagers are stunned at what just happened.The Beastman inside the Gunman screams in horror as Lagann flies to the surface while pushing him)
- Kamina: Adios Giha Village. We're going up to the Surface! The Surface i saw as a kid!
(Simon seems to be struggling, but after a few moments, he smiles.)
- All: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! (The hole where Yoko and the Gunman fell explodes as Lagann rises up in the air)
- Simon: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAHHH!!! (Lagann tears the Gunman to pieces as it pierces the heavens) (Episode 1)
(Lagann leaves Littner, running so fast he leaves a big trail of dust, he opens his cockpit, revealing a very livid Simon, who is now so angry his eyes turned grey and lost their light)
- Simon: BROOO!!
- Kamina: Got here just in time, blood brother! (Kamina jumps into Lagann's cockpit)
- Simon: THEY DID IT, IT WAS THEM!! EVERY TIME THOSE THINGS CAUSE A TREMOR UP HERE IT ENDS UP AS AN EARTHQUAKE DOWN BELOW!!
- Kamina: So that's what they were!
- Simon: THESE GUYS KILLED MY MOM AND DAD!!
(Lagann keeps running, copying Simon's wrathful grimace as he does it)
- Kamina: Simon, glad to see you worked up, but don't be impatient. To win a fight, it takes guts, and a cool head.
- Kamina: Listen up. I'm gonna help myself to that pointy one.
- Simon: Huh?!
- Kamina: I bet i can get inside by going through the face in its belly. I need you to force it open.
- Simon: But can you operate it?
- Kamina: Well, how do you know how to pilot Lagann?
- Simon: I don't know. I grabbed these things and it all just sorta, flowed into me.
- Kamina: Well that's what I'll do.
- Simon: What?
- Kamina: You just need the old Fighting Spirit!
- Simon: Uhhh, i don't think so.
- Kamina: Whatever, just take us in!
- Simon:That doesn't sound very COOL HEADED! (Episode 2)
- Simon: It's hopeless.
- Yoko: Heh?
- Simon: It's no use anymore... C'mon, Bro, Let's give up!
(Yoko hits Lagann with her palm)
- Simon: Huh?
- Yoko: Take a good look. He gets up again and again, you see? And he'll keep doing it until you show up. Kamina said to you, "Don't believe in yourself, Just Believe in the Me that Believes in You", so how about it, Simon?
- Simon: (Unsure) I believe...
(Gurren gets up again)
- Simon: I believe...
(Simon's Core Drill starts glowing, illuminating Gurren's missing shoulderpad, and Yoko, as Lagann reactivates)
- Simon: I BELIEEEEEEVE!!!
(Lagann dissapears in a flash of green light.)
(Gurren stands before Enki, very battered and with a furious scowl)
- Viral: Oh? Getting up again, are we?
- Kamina: Ain't no way I'm gonna let myself get taken out by you!
- Viral: If nothing else, i must compliment you, Human.
(Gurren tries to punch Enki, but it dodges him)
- Viral: For not knowing... (Enki grabs Gurren by his hand, spins him arround and throws him) WHEN TO GIVE UP!!
(Gurren skids on the ground and hits a rock wall)
- Dayakka: KAMINA!!
- Redhead Littner soldier: He's no match to him!!
(Viral charges Enki's laser)
- Another Littner soldier: Look! It's glowing!
- Viral: This time it's really over. (Gurren's shoulderpad hits Enki in its helmet) What the...?!
(Lagann hits Enki in its ring from below, the beam fires harmlessly towards the air, Lagann lands in front of Gurren.)
- Kamina: Hah, what kept you, Simon?
- Simon: I'm scared, I'm so scared i can't stand it. BUT, I CAN'T STAND ARROUND WHILE YOU GET YOURSELF KILLED!!
- Kamina: Well put, Little Brother! It's time to break out the You-know-what! Are you ready to do this?
- Simon: The what?! Bro, what are you talking about?
- Kamina: You dumbass, What the hell else do you think I'm talking about? WE'RE GONNA COMBINE!!!
- Simon: We're gonna Combine?!
- Viral: They're gonna Combine?
- Dayakka, Tetsukan, and two other guys: They're gonna Combine?!
- Yoko: They're gonna Combine!
- Leeron: Aw, please, honey.
- Kamina: We'll never know unless we try, will we? EEAAAAAAHHHHGRRGH!!
(Gurren jams Lagann through his head, and straigthens him up)
- Kamina: You see that? (Simon is very confused, Lagann's drill just barely missed Kamina's head) Now we've got two faces too! Whaddaya think, Fuzzball? We're the sa same as you!
(Leeron is stunned at what Kamina just did, and Yoko is dissapointed, Viral is madder than before at Kamina's pure stupidity)
- Viral: You're stupid through and through, aren't you?
(Charges Enki's laser again as Lagann's eyes start glowing green)
- Viral: It's not the number of faces, it's the level of Skill! Now DIE!!
(Enki's beam fires, but is blocked by a Spiral Shield)
- Viral: IMPOSSIBLE!!
- Yoko: Gh... ghhh.... Kamina! Simon!
(As he absorbs Enki's laser beam, Lagann's Spiral Gauge rises, and the screens of both Gurren and Lagann are covered in green lines)
- Simon: mm.. It's incredible!
- Kamina: The hell? What's this?
(Gurren and Lagann combine, for real this time. Lagann straightens himself up, Gurren's arms and legs become longer and bulkier as Simon's Spiral Energy flows throughout the newly born Gurren Lagann)
- Simon: Wow, we were really able to Combine! You were right, Bro, You were right!
- Kamina: Sure looks that way, doesn't it?
(The Spiral shield fades away, and a cloud of dust is lifted, as Gurren Lagann walks towards Enki)
- Viral: Wait, how could you combine? You're mere Humans!
(Gurren Lagann and Enki's faces clash)
- Kamina: You liked that, General Fuzzball? We're as tall as you are now!
- Viral: Gh! GO TO HELL!!
- Kamina: Oh yeah? Well YOU FIRST!!
(Gurren Lagann and Enki's fists graze as they punch each other in the upper faces, releasing a yellow light that illuminates the valley)
- Dayakka: (Smiling) A CROSS COUNTER?!
- Kamina: Remember this, you Fuzzball! Combining is all about one man's Fighting Spirit slamming into ANOTHER!
(Gurren Lagann grabs Enki's upper head and crushes it with his hand, leaving only the helmet intact)
- Viral: AAAGH!!
(Gurren Lagann grabs the helmet)
- Kamina: A Combining of courage that sets a Man's soul on fire! (Lagann's eyes flash, as he turns the helmet red and its adornment gold) GURREN LAGANN!! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM, FUZZBALL?! From here on, the name of this mecha, is GURREN LAGANN!!!
- Yoko: Gurren...
- Dayakka: Lagann!
- Leeron: Oh, pleeease...
(Enki unsheathes its swords)
- Viral: I can't believe i'm being forced to use my swords. I underestimated you, HUMAN!! (Charges forward, pointing his swords at Gurren Lagann)
- Kamina: I told you, the name is GURREN LAGANN!!!
(Two drills grow parallel to Gurren Lagann's right hand as he shatters Enki's swords with them)
- Viral: (Stares at his broken swords) Eh?! (Gurren Lagann kicks Enki in the face)
HWEEEEEGH!! What happened?! How could he suddenly become so powerful?! ALL HE DID WAS ATTACH THAT LITTLE GUNMAN! HOW CAN THIS BE?!
- Kamina: (Furious) YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND, YOU FREAK!!
- Viral: Human SCUM!!!
(Enki opens its torso face, firing a lot of missiles)
- Kamina: No dirty tricks, you little-GAAH!!
- Yoko: KAMINA!! Uh..AAAHH!!! (Yoko is hit by a cloud of smoke)
(The smoke clears, revealing Gurren Lagann is unharmed)
- Dayakka: Unbelievable! He survived that attack!
- Yoko: Whoa, talk about tough!
- Leeron: I wonder if the big guy has a special energy field that neutralizes enemy attacks, or perhaps they really ARE special.
- Kamina: Where'd you go?! You son of a bitch!
- Simon: Hold up, Bro!
- Kamina: Now what?
- Simon: Chasing him is a bad idea. You two are in bad shape.
- Kamina: Simon?
- Simon: It's not 'cause i'm scared, well, i am, but that's not why i think we should stop now. It's so we can fight another day.
- Kamina: You know, that level head of yours is the only thing that keeps me alive.
- Simon: What?
- Kamina: Nevermind! I'm good! (Episode 3)
(Gurren runs towards Dai-Gunzan, and does a massive leap towards it, hitting the main deck, he keeps running really fast)
- Kamina: aaaaaaAAAAAHHHH!!
(Gurren jumps again, and crashes in the middle of the windows of the Dai-Gunzan's bridge, pushing his cockpit through his mouth and sending Kamina tumbling towards Lagann)
- Simon: Ghh. Ghhh... (Kamina falls on top of Lagann) UGH! UH?!
(Simon looks above him, noticing Kamina is on top of Lagann)
- Kamina: AARRGH, SIMON!! OPEN THE HATCH!!
(Kamina mo es his right arm, Simon opens the hatch, and is quickly horrified by what his Bro is about to do)
- Simon: AAH!
- Kamina: LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!
(Punches Simon in the face so hard he sends boogers and tears flying in the air, snaps one of his teeth in half, and leaves him upside down. Kamina's right hand is smoking.)
- Simon: WAGH!!! (The scene repeats, from Kamina's perspective) AAGHH!! ughh.
(The dust clears)
- Simon: Ugh... why Bro? aghh...
- Kamina: Have you snapped out of it yet?
- Simon: (Confused) ugh... ghh?
- Kamina: I give you my word that if you ever start to doubt yourself, I'll come and belt ya one. (Points his finger at Simon) So don't worry, I'm right by your side. Just believe in yourself, Believe in the Simon that I have faith in.
- Simon: ugh... (Smiles) ghhh... Right! You've got it!
(Lagann's Spiral Gauge raises back to normal levels, Leeron's data shows Simon's no longer heartbroken, which allows him to fully synchronize and take over the Dai-Gunzan)
- Leeron: Yes, you're doing well! Very Well indeed, Simon! You're synchronizing steadily, Just a little Moore!
- Kamina: Hmm... (returns to Gurren's cockpit, puts on his cape and his shades) Aaahh... heh, you see? You could do it if you just- (A massive pillar of bluish light ebmerges from Dai-Gunzan's deck, piercing Gurren's cockpit) GAAAAAAAUUUAAAAAAAGGHH!! (Gurren gets blown into the air and a large explosion comes out of its body)
- Simon: BRO!! NO WAY!!
- Yoko: KAMINA!!
(As Gurren falls into the Dai-Gunzan's deck, Thymilph's Gunman, Byakko, flies out of the very large hole he madeon the floor)
- Thymilph: GAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You sad, pathetic little worm, you'll soon find that i won't hand over my Dai-Gunzan SO EASILY!!
- Kamina: Thymilph, Damn! I didn't see- OHH!!
(Gurren gets hit by its own sunglasses/boomerang midair, getting flung into the deck. The sunglasses end up stuck on the floor too, leaving a deep gash.)
- Viral: You forgot this. Have it back.
- Kamina: You... Son of a...
- Thymilph: Alkai Blade!! (Byakko's spear releases a cross-shaped energy beam, completely cutting off Gurren's right leg)
- Kamina: OWAAAGHH!!..
- Thymilph: You're a very tenacious man, but NO! THIS IS THE END FOR YOUUUUUUUUU!!! (Enkidu grabs Gurren, exposing its back, and Thymilph stabs Gurren so hard blue sparks start flying from its mouth, a massive V-shaped black and red shockwave tears the deck asunder and the spear goes through Gurren's cockpit and the left side of Kamina's torso, killing him)
- Kamina: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!... (Dies)
- Yoko: (Completely horrified) uhh...uh... It can't be...
- Kittan, Dayakka, Jorgun and Balinbow: (Stunned silence. Kittan's pupils turn white out of pure horror at what just happened.)
(The dust clears, revealing Thymilph and Viral, standing victorious above the now inert Gurren. Meanwhile, in the camp, Gurren's vitals drop and dissappear completely, confirming Kamina is dead)
- Leeron: No way...
(Simon's pupils turn completely white out of pure horror, and starts sobbing incontrollably)
- Simon: No... BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
(Lagann's canopy lights up with Simon's scream. Its Spiral Gauge completely distorts into squiggly lines, making a horrible noise and a flash of light is expelled from the Core Drill. Lagann is completely engulfed by a geyser of green light, and the light starts flowing out of all of Dai-Gunzan's windows, ejecting every Beastman through them. Inmediately after that, a horrifyingly massive pillar of Spiral Energy completely consumes the Dai-Gunzan, killing anyone who wasn't on a Gunman. The ground cracks, and the green light advances through them, making a nearby volcano explode into pieces. The Dai-Gunzan starts running forward, firing all its guns in every direction. As it runs, the cracks erupt with even more lava)
- Thymilph: (Terrified) Uh... I don't get it. What just happened here?!
- Viral: GENERAL THYMILPH LOOK OUT!! (Dai-Gunzan slaps Enkidu, sending it flying beyond the horizon) GAAAAAHHHH!!!
- Thymilph: VIRAL!
(Back inside Gurren)
- Kittan: What the hell is happening out there?!
- Leeron: Dai-Gunzan has gone Berserk!!
- Rossiu: If he keeps going, he will fall into the volcano!
- Leeron: SIMON, COME IN!! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!
(Kamina's body lays motionless on Gurren's screens, with two large holes in the torso, burns in the left side of his face and a very large slit where Thymilph's spear went through. But suddenly, he opens his eyes and stands up in pain)
- Kamina: Gaaaaaaahhh... Can't a guy get a little bit of sleep around here?
(The Dai-Gunzan leaves a huge trail of smoke, still firing its guns, its windows still glow green, and it's literally crying cascades of a glowing green liquid. The surviving Beastmen stare in horror at the awesome and terrible display of might. Dayakka is pursuing it, but can't catch up.)
- Dayakka: SIMON, YOU GOTTA STOP!! SIMON!!!
(Lagann's interior has completely shut down)
- Simon: It's no use. I can't do anything. There's just... there's just nothing i can do now.
- Kamina: SIMON! LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!
- Simon: Uh HUH?!
(Simon's tears fly out of his eyes, and looks in horror as Gurren's Left arm hits Lagann in the face.)
- Simon: WAAH! AH!! AH!! AHEEW!! Tgghh.. gghh... (Lagann's canopy lights up and Simon sees to his happiness that Gurren is standing, and that Kamina is alive again) Bro?! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!
- Kamina: Listen. Just who the hell do you think you are, Simon?
- Simon: Huh?
- Kamina: (Gurren points to the sky with his remanining arm) Your drill is the drill, that's gonna bust right through Heaven and Earth and even Tomorrow! (Simon sobs no longer out of grief, but joy) What are you sittin' arround dawdlin' for?! WE'VE WON, KID!! That behemoth belongs to you now, you don't have to worry about anything!
- Simon: Right, Bro. HM!! (Stops crying. The Dai-Guren stomps the ground, and waves back at Team Dai-Guren with Simon in full control now)
- Simon: Listen up everybody! Everything is OK now! DAI-GUNZAN IS OURS!! Come on aboard!
- Team Dai-Guren: YEEEEAAAAAAHH!!! (Thymilph and the surviving Beastmen attack them) AAAAUGH!!
- Thymilph: You damn dirty Humans! I RECEIVED THAT AS A GIFT FROM THE SPIRAL KING HIMSELF!! I'D SOONER COMPLETELY DESTROY IT THAN SEE IT FALL INTO YOUR FILTHY HANDS!!!
- Kamina: That old furball doesn't know when to give up, does he? Simon. Come on, let's send these clowns packing.
- Simon: Huh?
- Kamina: Let's Combine. We'll use Gurren Lagann, to finish up this last mission.
- Simon: Got it, Bro. I'm with you!
(Lagann ejects from Dai-Guren's top, grabs Gurren's arm and shades and throws them at a pair of Gunmen that try to attack Gurren from behind.)
- Kamina: NOW LET'S DO IT!! (They combine, completely repairing Gurren)
- Kamina: We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even when mocked as reckless and crazy!
- Simon: If there's a wall in our way, then we smash it down! If there isn't a path then we carve one ourselves!
- Both: The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Super Ultra Combining... GURREN LAGANN!!
- Simon: JUST WHO!...
- Kamina: In the hell...
- Both: DO YOU THINK WE ARE!? (The volcano explodes one more time, Team Dai-Guren cheers at them, including Yoko)
- Yoko: There's nobody else like them.
- Thymilph: Thunder Ground, KILL THEM NOW!!
- Kamina: EAT THIS, CANNON FODDEEERR!!! (Gurren Lagann sprouts a bunch of drills all over his body and destroys all the Gunmen surrounding him)
- Thymilph: Damn You.... CONDEMN BLAZE!! (Fires his spear again)
- Kamina: You'll have to do better than that! (Blocks the beam with the palm of Gurren Lagann's hand)
- Thymilph: But... It can't...?!
- Kamina: Listen, Simon. Never forget. Just believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that i believe in, not in the Kamina that you believe in. Have faith in the Simon, that believes in you.
- Simon: Bro? What are you...?
- Kamina: FINISHING... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!! (Kamina throws Gurren Lagann's shades at Byakko, immobilizing its arms) GIGAAA... DRIIIIILLLLL... BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAK!!!
- Thymilph: WAAAAAHHH!!! (Dies)
(Byakko has a huge hole where Thymilph used to be, Gurren Lagann retracts its drill, as Byakko explodes behind him) (Episode 8)
- Simon: You gotta run, Nia.
- Nia: What?
- Simon: Once you start, keep running, and don't look back. I'll keep the Gunman busy here.
- Nia: But you-
- Simon: I'M SICK OF IT! I'M SICK OF HAVING TO WATCH PEOPLE DIE! I don't care what happens to me, JUST SO LONG AS NO ONE ELSE HAS TO DIE!! (Gunman opens mouth, revealing a massive missile, Simon starts shivering in terror, but Nia grabs his hands)
- Nia: Is it really your wish to stop living? If you are truly frightened, then you should run. You must not die, Simon.
- Simon: No. No..uh.. I'm not scared.
- Nia: You must not lie either. (Simon looks at her) Come, let us escape. Together. (Episode 9)
- Simon: I'm sorry i took so long.
- Nia: That's okay.
- Simon: I figured it out, and, well, i guess Lagann told me too, and now, i understand.
- Nia: So do I. Thanks a lot, Simon..... (sees Simon's hands are bruised and bloody) Simon? Move your hands.
- Simon: What?
- Nia: (Nia puts her hands in Lagann's handles, which are full of blood spots from Simon's hands, then puts his hands on top of her own) There.
- Simon: (Gives Nia a confused look, and notices she's smiling at him, he smiles back, then he looks at the surface) Alright. (Episode 11, Simon, Move Your Hands and Gurren-Hen)
- Simon: Everyone, STAND FIRM!
- Kittan: Of course I will! With all my friends here, why wouldn't I do it? Kittan, oldest of the Black Siblings!
- Kiyoh: Kiyoh!
- Kiyal: Kiyal!
- Zorthy: Zorthy!
- Kid: Kid!
- Iraak: Iraak!
- Makken: Makken!
- Jorgun: Jorgun!
- Balinbow: Balinbow!
- Rossiu: Rossiu!
- Boota: Boin!
- Yoko: Boota and Yoko!
- Simon: Nia... And Simon!
- All: JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!!
- Simon: Finishing Move! GIGAAA...
- Rossiu: DRIIIILL...
- Both: BREEEEEEEEEEEAAAK!!!
- All: TEAM DAI-GURREN.... SHOOOOOOOT!!!!! (Gurren-hen)
- Adine: Careful. Fire at that angle and you'll manage to kill both of us. You humans aren't really that stupid, are you?
- Yoko: Actually, i'm afraid we are.
- Attenborough: COME ON!! TO HELL WITH IT!! FIRE!!! (The Dai-Gurren burns the Sayrune with 4 cannon shots at the same time)
- Viral: GENERAL ADINE! (Dai-Gunkai jumps into the air in an attempt to save Sayrune)
- Simon: NO, YOU DOOOOOOON'T!! (a massive drill comes out of Gurren Lagann's forehead as Simon charges through Dai-Gunkai's mouth and tears the gigantic Gunman in half, what remains of it quickly explodes into little fragments)
- Adine: Thymilph, I'm... I'm sorry... (Explodes) (Episode 12)
- Guame: My my. What a dissapointing end to things. Still, i suppose i should congratulate Humans for their effort.
- Aardvak Beastman: Just a minute, sir. I hear something.
- Guame: Hear what?
- Aardvak Beastman: It's a rasping noise. It's a Drill!
- Simon: Thanks Pal, that impact just now, Helped me pierce the inside! (Gurren Lagann lifts Dai-Gundo with its drill)
- Guame: Urgh... hahh... This is just a final act of desperation, that Human can't possibly beat... Dai-Gundo's spin.
- Simon: WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT!! (Gurren Lagann spins its drill so fast it makes Dai-Gundo stop spinning)
- Guame: Hnnnnnn.... (Guame is horrified, and Simon's left eye starts shining. Gurren Lagann makes its drill spin even faster, making Dai-Gundo spin in the opposite direction) STOP! STOP IT!! DAI-GUNDO MUSN'T BE SPUN AROUND THE OTHER WAY!! (The barrier that protected Teppelin is unraveled, Gurren Lagann's drill and the belly of Dai-Gundo starts to release flames of Spiral energy)
- Simon and Rossiu: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! (Gurren Lagann's drill extends and impales Guame, time slows down and everything turns grey)
- Guame: Round and round. Are you watching this transpire, Your Majesty? Your humble servant Guame is still spinning. Whoooawhoaaaawhoaaaawhoawhoawhoa (Time returns to normal speed, Guame is incinerated by Dai-Gundo's internal explosions, as it's turned into a donut and explodes into pieces.) (Episode 14)
- Dayakka: Look at the size of that thing!
- Leeron: There must be a rule against that.
- Kinon: There's something where Teppelin used to be. The pattern is... Oh! It can't be!
- Leeron: What's wrong?
- Kinon: This signature is... GURREN LAGANN'S?!
- Leeron: What? Are you sure?!
- Kinon: I'm picking up another reading that confirms it's Gurren Lagann.
- Simon: (Simon stops staring at Teppelin) Egghh... Graghh! (Gurren Lagann flies very fast upwards, breaking through the clouds) What's that? (Simon looks at Teppelin's head, noticing a window) Wait, that's... (Gurren Lagann's vision zooms towards the window, Revealing Lordgenome is inside, sitting on his throne)
- Nia: Father!
- Team Dai-Gurren: Huh?!
- Yoko: Nia?
- Dayakka: That means...
- Leeron: That's the Spiral King, Lordgenome!
(Simon's irides turn white with anger)
- Simon: That's Him! (Gurren Lagann charges towards Lordgenome's throne room) I NEED TO DEFEAT HIM! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH- UH?! (His expression turns into one of terror as Teppelin's hand ebmerges from below the clouds, Gurren Lagann's drill clashes with one of its fingers so hard it forms 3 gigantic ripples of Spiral Energy, and a massive shockwave wrecks the valley. The Dai-Gurren's crew stares at the scene, completely shocked. Artenborough is biting his nails in terror)
- Dayakka: That's the Main Core?!
(Gurren Lagann is unable to pierce Teppelin's finger)
- Simon: Grrrgghh.... (Gurren Lagann engages full boost, but it still can't pierce Teppelin's finger. Blue lightnings flood the battlefield)
- Lordgenome: Hah, Is that all you have? Pathetic. (Flicks his index forward, Teppelin flicks its fingers too, sending Gurren Lagann spinning towards the ground)
- Simon: EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
- Rossiu: Gaaagh... gggghhh...
(Team Dai-Gurren watch in horror as Gurren Lagann falls towards the ground, spinning like a shuriken)
- Yoko: SIMON!
(Fortunately, Dai-Gurren grabs Gurren Lagann before it's too late)
- Leeron: Nice Catch!
- Simon: Oh man... That hurt...
- Leeron: Simon, are you OK?
- Simon: Yeah, I think.
- Rossiu: I can't believe that drill tip can't penetrate that hull...
(Nia opens her eyes, showing her flower-shaped red irides)
- Nia: Simon, please do this. I know it might be dangerous, but i want you to take me to my father.
- Simon: Nia?
- Nia: Simon, i want to speak to my father.
- Rossiu: Eagh... dah... That's crazy! Lordgenome isn't gonna let us get anywhere near him or anywhere close enough to let you in! We should focus on a long range attack plan and not on how are we getting close enough to have a conversation!
- Leeron: Rossiu, did you forget? This girl's come all this way to give her father a piece of her mind.
- Rossiu: But that's-
- Leeron: When a girl sets her mind on something, a good man is obliged to help her do it.
- Nia: Please Simon.
- Simon: Hm. Nia, let's go.
- Rossiu: You're not serious, aren't you?!
- Simon: You've better believe it!
- Kittan: Hey, I'm coming too!
- Simon: Uh...
- Kittan: If i don't go and kick that guy's ass, I won't be able to live with myself!
(The rest of Team Dai-Guren floods Simon's screen, everyone wants to go too.)
- Boota: Buhbuh!
- Dayakka: Sorry, guys, but that doesn't seem very likely.
- Kittan: WHAAT?!
(Teppelin launches a massive army from its body)
- Dayakka: Rossiu was right. They aren't going to just let us walk up to him and pick a fight.
- Kittan: How many of those damn things they got?!
- Kiyal: Hey, i like the looks of this. Don't you, sis?
- Kiyoh: Yeah, with so many of them to fight, we can finally show everyone the real power of the Black Siblings.
- Kittan: Aww, you guys.
- Kiyal: Ain't that right, Brother?
- Kittan: Yeah, it sure is. But she's totally wrong about one thing.
- Kiyal and Kiyoh: Huh?!
- Kittan: It ain't just the power of the Black Siblings that we're gonna show them. IT'S THE POWER OF TEAM DAI-GURREEEEN!!! (King Kittan points his right hand towards the sky)
- Team Dai-Gurren: YEAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
- Kittan: Get going, Simon. We'll open a path for Dai-Gurren and you take it from there.
- Simon: Kittan... uh...
- Zorthy: When you fight the creep, give him a few whacks for us too!
(Boota gives a huge lick Simon's face, He looks at Boota for a moment, then looks back to his friends.)
- Simon: YOU'VE GOT IT!!
(Dai-Gurren moves Gurren Lagann towards the bridge, as he extends his hand towards it. The window opens , making Nia lose her balance a bit. She notices Old Coco was the one who opened the window, he nods at her, as Nia jumps to Gurren Lagann's hand and enters his cockpit, where Simon awaits her. Happily Ever After stats sounding in the backgroud)
- Nia: Thanks a lot, Simon!
- Simon: You ready?
- Nia: Yes! (Gurren Lagann's cockpit closes, as he looks towards Teppelin. He deploys his wings)
- Dayakka: DAI-GUREN LAUNCH!!
- Gabal: Launching! (The Dai-Gurren launches, with Gurren Lagann standing on its Knife Anchor, arms behind his back. A huge army of allied Gunmen and Dai-guns flies with them. A grey Gunman gets blasted into bits as Simon looks)
- Simon: There! (The Beastman army fires their guns at the Human forces, blasting a few of them, Kiyoh starts firing her cannon as Kittan and Kiyal charges towards the Gunmen in Dai-Gurren's way. One of them is a red Twinboekun)
- Kittan Coming through! GET OUTTA THE WAY!!
- Artenborough: YOU WON'T BEAT US!! (Slams his hands on a button, Dai-Gurren folds her arms as her cannons fire, a shell hits her right in the middle of her chest, but does nothing to her, Most of the Beastman army is obliterated in the process)
(Kiddknuckle, Dayakkaiser, Mo-Shogun and Twinboekun charge towards the Beastmen, tearing many of them to pieces with their guns. Bachon's battleships fire their missiles at the Beastman battleships, A purple Twinboekun fights alongside the beastmen. One of the battleships crashes against a Human one, and they start punching each other. The Human battleship fires its main gun, an act that destroys them both.)
- Kinon: There's a thin patch on the right!
- Dayakka: Good, let's not miss it. (Dai-Gurren flies through the patch and charges through it. Simon makes a drill larger than Gurren Lagann)
- Simon: We can do it if Gurren Lagann pulls his strength with Dai-Gurren!
- Lordgenome: Really? The end result will be the same. (This time Teppelin moves its left arm, which is a gigantic hammer.)
- Dayakka and Leeron: NOW LET'S DO IT!! (Dai-Gurren rams the hammer so hard she stops it dead on its tracks and makes a hole on it)
- Dayakka and Artenborough: OPEN FIRE!!! (Dai-Gurren fires all of her guns and her anchors at the hammer, completely hollowing it and deforming it beyond repair)
- Dayakka and Gabal: FIRE THE KNIFE ANCHOOOOOOOR!!!! (Dai-Gurren fires her Knife Anchor through the hammer, with Gurren Lagann still standing on it. With the added inertia, Gurren Lagann breaks right into Lordgenome's throne room.)
- Lordgenome: Impressive.
- Artenborough: WE DID IT!! HAHA!!
- Dayakka: You asked for help and we delivered!
- Kinon: Yeaaahh!
(A big rumble shakes the bridge)
- Team Dai-Gurren: UGHH!!
- Tetsukan: IT'S THE ENGINE ROOM! There was an explosion, and there's fires in the Main Shaft and the Generator Room!
(Dai-Gurren's Generator is melting and smoking, its power cables are breaking down and the Generator now has an orange glowing spiral on its surface.)
- Leyte: Ron! That last burst was all we had left!
- Leeron: It's OK! That's all we needed! Let's put the old girl to bed now.
- Simon: What's wrong? What was that explosion?
- Dayakka: Don't worry about us, Simon. You go to Lordgenome and do what you gotta do.
- Simon: Yeah, i will! But-
- Yoko: Hurry up and get going!
- Simon: Yoko...
- Yoko: Go on, Simon. This is what we've all been working so hard for.
- Simon: (beat) You're right. (Simon jumps towards Lordgenome)
- Leeron: OK. Dai-Guren, it's time for your last job.
- Dayakka: Set Timers on explosive magazines!
- Gabal: Timers Set!
- Artenborough: LOWER UP!!
- Dayakka: EMERGENCY... EJECT!! (Dai-Gurren raises her arms, and separates from her battleship part right before it explodes, obliterating Teppelin's hammer. Dai-Gurren falls towards the surface, her windows brokenand her Levisphere hanging from a cable connected to her pelvis-shaped chassis, which was exposed by the ejection)
- Yoko: It's all up to you now, Simon.
(Gurren Lagann lands right in front of Lordgenome's throne)
- Lordgenome: I see that you've somehow managed to arrive, Man of the Spiral.
- Simon: Lordgenome.
(Gurren Lagann gives a step forward, and suddenly dodges a sword, backflipping on the way down. Enkidudu appears right in front of him, folding its arms. Simon looks indifferently at it.)
- Viral: Nicely dodged. (Unveils Enkidudu's swords) As expected, Simon!
- Simon: Ugh... Viral!
(Love Catch I: Gurren Lagann staring to the left and Simon looking at the expectator) (Episode 15) (Love Catch II: Lazengann staring to the right and Lordgenome looking at the expectator, the background is blue and Lazengann's horn has a sunflare) (Lordgenome is expectating with a smug smile)
- Viral: heheHAHAHAHAHAhaha... (Grins) As you can see, I'm a whole new being today!
- Simon: What's that?
- Viral: I have a new body that needs no rest and can go on fighting... (Enkidudu charges towards Gurren Lagann) INDEFINITELY!! (Gurren Lagann blocks all of his attacks with his left hand) I've become more than a Beastman! THIS PLACE WILL BE YOUR GRAVE!! HRAAAAGH!!
(Gurren Lagann grabs all of Enkidudu's swords with one hand.)
- Viral: WHAT?!
(Gurren Lagann shatters the swords, Viral and Enkidudu are completely stunned)
- Viral: It... That's not possible! HOW CAN THIS BE?! (One of the shards gets stuck on the floor, Gurren Lagann, now angered, punches Enkidudu, but it blocks the blow with its arms) Dammit! WHY CAN'T I DEFEAT HIM?! (Gurren Lagann's drills shatter Enkidudu's arms and part of its face)
- Lordgenome: Oh, Viral, you poor little creature.
- Viral: Majesty?
- Lordgenome: The power I gave you isn't meant to be used to overcome the Humans.
(Gurren Lagann applies more force, engulfing his arm with Spiral Energy)
- Viral: Uh?! (Simon overpowers Enkidudu, punching it so hard a large shockwave goes through its body. Enkidudu is sent flying in the air, bounces on the floor twice, breaking the floor and hits the wall back first)
- Viral: Ugh... Majesty...
(Gurren Lagann looks at Lordgenome, Enkidudu has no hands and its face is twisted beyond recognition, and has become cockeyed)
- Lordgenome: To begin with, no Beastman will ever be a match against a Human who has aquired the Power of the Spiral. Viral, it's true I gave you a new body that functions without needing rest and can never die, but it was not so you could fight Humans. (Simon gives a very angry look at Lordgenome, Nia disapproves too)It was so you could be a storyteller who could recount for all time, The Victory of the Spiral King.
- Viral: Storyteller? (Viral is not happy)
- Lordgenome: Stay where you are and observe. Observe the fate of a foolish Human, and then, until the very end of Time itself, tell of the futility of raising a rebellion against the Spiral King!
(Nia gets out of Lagann's head and stands in front of him)
- Lordgenome: Nia.
- Nia: It has been a long time, My Father.
- Lordgenome: You're looking quite well. You DO know I never expected to ever see your face again.
- Nia: Why are you doing all of this, Father? You drive Humans underground and kill them if they come to the Surface! IT'S HORRIBLE!! How could you do such a cruel and terrible thing like that?!
- Lordgenome: Hmhm... hmhmhmhmhm... HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHA! (Simon and Nia stare at him, not happy with his laughs) Ignorance is such a frightening thing. You might believe yourselves to be fighting on the side of righteousness, but I am the one who is truly protecting this world! It is I, Lordgenome, who is the ultimate guardian of Humanity.
- Simon: What are you saying?
- Nia: There is no such a thing as a guardian who... kills his charges! ARE YOU SO BLIND YOU CAN'T SEE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?!
- Lordgenome: This world that I have created is the ONLY to ensure Humanity's survival. You and your friends have strayed from that path and I cannot allow that to continue. For Humanity's sake, You must die.
(A black and thin drill-like tentacle breaks through the floor and lunges towards Nia, but Simon blocks it with Gurren's sunglasses. Unfortunately, Nia falls off Gurren Lagann due to his sudden movement)
- Nia: WAAAAAAHH!!
(Fortunately, Gurren Lagann keeps her from hitting the ground with his hand, the drill tentacle retracts back into the hole)
- Lordgenome: The Spiral Power is strong within you. Yet you are unaware that such power leads to destruction. (Lordgenome's poncho falls off, revealing his muscles and his huge chest bush) Allow me to teach you... (His throne sinks into the floor, and his maidens turn into Core Drills) And show you its futility! (The retracted throne opens like a door, revealing Teppelin's cockpit, and a Gurren Lagann-type Gunman sitting on it) You are not the only one to possess the Power of the Spiral. I will show you the Awesome and Terrible truth of REAL Spiral Power. (The Gunman's cockpit closes, the Maiden-Core Drills insert in six holes on its neck. The Gunman's Spiral Gauge is red, and its Core Drill slot is diamond shaped. Lordgenome's eyes glow a bright pink.) Behold my Lazengann.
(The lights in Lordgenome's throne room turn yellow as Lazengann ascends, doing a Gainax Armfold.)
- Nia: Father?
(Simon is shocked.)
- Simon: Wait. That's a...!
- Rossiu: A Gurren Lagann-Type! This has gotta be the reason behind the identical Gurren Lagann readings!
(Lazengann jumps into the dark of the ceiling.)
- Simon: Nia, you know I have to fight him.
- Nia: ... Right.
(Lazengann punches the ground, but Gurren Lagann dodges him. Lazengann then grabs his arms and slams its torso into Gurren's face)
- Rossiu: Ugh!
(Gurren Lagann is thrown into the air, he grabs his boomerang with his left hand, but Lazengann roundhouse-kicks him in the head, flinging him into a window, cracking it.)
- Nia: AAAAHH!
- Simon: Agghh... Gyagghh...
('Lazengann charges towards Gurren Lagann, his arms flapping in the wind. Simon blocks a punch with his right arm, and a kick with the other. Both their fists and their chests clash, as they struggle against each other.)
- Lordgenome: There was once a man who fought as you do, also unaware his actions would ensure Humanity's extinction.
- Simon: What are you talking about?
- Lordgenome: Nothing you need to know, you'll be dead soon, after all.
(Lazengann swats Gurren Lagann with his left arm, and hits him with a Backwards Roundhouse Kick. Gurren Lagann recovers his balance and brakes, leaving a big mark on the floor. Lazengann throws a tentacle, but Simon swats it away, Lordgenome tries again, but Simon throws Gurren's shades, which divide in two, tear through Lazengann's tentacles and immobilize Lazengann's arms)
- Lordgenome: (Bored) Hmph.
- Simon: GIGAAAAAA... DRIIIIILLL... BREEEEEEEEEEAAAK!!!!
(Simon hits Lazengann right in the middle of his torso. Unfortunately, Lazengann also had a torso jaw, which munches on Simon's Giga Drill Break and breaks it, a true "Giga Drill Breaker", one might say.)
- Rossiu: (Horrified) No way...!
(Lazengann shatters Gurren's shades, and the starry background fades)
- Lordgenome: Heh...
(Lazengann uppercuts Gurren Lagann, and impales his body with multiple tentacles. Gurren Lagann falls into the ground, lifting a lot of dust in the process.)
- Rossiu: (Scared) Ghhh... It's hopeless... We can't beat him...
- Simon: Don't give up! Kicking Logic Out and Doing the Impossible is the way Team Gurren rolls! Rossiu, have faith in Me. Believe in the Simon who believes in you! We still have some fight left in us!
(Gurren Lagann gets back on his feet)
- Lordgenome: You have strength enough to get back on your feet, I see. Well, IT WAS A WASTED EFFORT!!
- Simon: WE'LL SEE!! (Gurren Lagann grows a pair of Drills parallel to his left hand, and destroys Lazengann's right arm with a brofist)
- Lordgenome: Uh... Heh...
(Lazengann grows a large drill from his chest, impaling Gurren Lagann and hitting Gurren's cockpit)
- Simon: ROSSIU!!!
- Rossiu: I'm alright! I'm not helpless!
(Gurren Lagann grabs Lazengann)
- Rossiu: Now's your chance, Simon! USE LAGANN!!
- Simon: Right! Got it!
(Lagann separates from Gurren, Lordgenome stares at the ceiling)
- Lordgenome: Go away.
(Lazengann slams Gurren into the ground with his tail.)
- Rossiu: Gah! ghhh...
(Lordgenome hears a buzzing noise coming from the ceiling)
- Simon: LAGAAANN... IMPAAAAAACT!!!
(Lagann gets stuck on Lazengann's left arm)
- Lordgenome: So you hoped to absorb my Lazengann, do you?
(Lazengann's arm explodes)
- Simon: He exploded!
(Lagann lands in the ground)
- Lordgenome: Well, well, I see that it was not a fluke that you made it this far, however, your mischief ends here. Now that you have lost your body, you don't have the slightest hope of winning.
- Simon: (Furious) QUIT YOUR STUPID JAMMERING!! I'm not gonna lose! Nia, Yoko, Rossiu, Leeron, Kittan, Dayakka. Every member of Team Dai-Gurren believes in me! The ME that my Bro believed in, THE ME THAT I BELIEVE IN, IS NEVER GONNA LOSE TO THE LIKES! OF! YOU!! AAAAHH!!
- Lordgenome: Well, we shall see. Behold, I WILL CRUSH YOU INTO DUUUST!!!
(Lazengann sprouts a massive amount of tendrils that completely engulf it, forming a gigantic drill as large as Teppelin's head, the drill completely destroys Lordgenome's throne room as Lagann clashes with it, unleashing an even larger shockwave that illuminates the night sky)
- Simon and Nia: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! (Lagann cracks Lordgenome's huge drill)
- Lordgenome: Uh? (Lagann breaks through and impales Lazengann in the middle of its chest) Unn.... I shouldn't have trusted a Gunman... TO GET THE JOB DONE!! (Lordgenome breaks his way out of Lazenngan's head and starts walking on its body, going straight towards Lagann)
- Simon: Uh... Uh... Huh?! WAAAAAHHH!! (Lordgenome punches Lagann in the face, and lifts him)
- Simon and Nia: AAAAAHHH!!
(Lordgenome punches Lagann in the right eye so hard he sends him flying, then kicks him in the left cheek, uppercuts him and finally, he grabs and slams Lagann into Lazengann's body so hard it completely shatters his canopy, sending Nia and Boota flying away from him towards Teppelin's top and obliterating Lazengann in the process. The screen cuts to white)
(Boota licks Nia in the face, waking her up)
- Nia: Ohhhh...
(Nia opens her eyes, and sees Lordgenome, whose head is overflowing with red Spiral flames, slowly walking towards Lagann and Simon, who ended up quite battered and bruised, and is struggling to keep himself standing, they are back on top of Teppelin, but the throne room is gone, and there is a greenish glow coming from the ground)
- Nia: Oh no, Simon!
(Lagann tries to punch Lordgenome, but he dodges it and counterattacks, punching Lagann again and again and again, laughing hysterically while doing it. Rossiu and surprisingly, Viral, are looking in horror as Simon and Lagann get beaten to a pulp. Lagann and Lordgenome hold their hands and start pushing towards each other. An alarm sounds in Lagann as his arms start failing, Simon doesn't look in a fit condition either, his goggles are broken and are hanging from his neck, fully exposing his hair, his right eyelid is so swollen he can barely open it, his left cheek is swollen too, but not as much, and his entire body is covered in bruises)
- Simon: Ghh... I can't produce... any more drills...
- Lordgenome: (Grinning like crazy) What's wrong? Has all your Spiral Power run dry?
- Nia: Simon! If everyone's faith in you is the thing that gives you all of your strength then, I'll believe in you with every fiber of my being! SO PLEASE, PLEASE WIN!!
- Lordgenome: Eegghh Rrrg.... DAAAHH!! (Shatters Lagann's arms) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
(Simon collapses on Lagann's face as it shuts down)
- Lordgenome: I haven't had this much fun in a long time, boy. Now, BACK INTO THE DIRT WITH YOU!!(Grabs Simon's head)
- Simon: Ahhh... (Grabs his Core Drill as Lordgenome lifts him by the head) DAAH!! (Stabs Lordgenome in the middle of his chest bush with the Core Drill)
- Lordgenome: UGH! (Looks towards his chest) A CORE DRILL?!
(The Core Drill starts glowing, Lordgenome's head flares up and his jaw drops from the sheer horror of what's about to happen)
- Simon: My name is Simon, Leader of Team Dai-Guren, Simon The Digger! If you decide that you're going to be a wall that's standing in my way, then I have Something that will open a hole in you every time! And that Something... IS MY DRILL!!! HAH!!!
(Simon Spins the Core Drill on in Lordgenome's chest, unleashing a gigantic explosion of Spiral Energy that goes through his chest. The blast of green light reaches over a kilometer in distance before dissipating. When the smoke clears, the greenish glow is gone revealing the night sky, and Lordgenome has a very large circular hole where his heart, lungs, spine and other vital organs used to be.)
- Lordgenome: I see. Your Spiral Power has grown sufficient to outstrip my own. (Grins at Simon and Nia) Hear this now. You will soon come to regret it.
- Simon: (Looking more sad than angry) Lordgenome...
- Lordgenome: I will leave you with this warning. When the land overflows with a million apes The Moon shall become Hell's Messenger and completely destroy the world of the Spiral. (Rossiu looks shocked)
- Simon: What does that mean?!
(Lordgenome just smiles at him, Nia notices what her father is about to do)
- Nia: FATHER! NO!!
(Lordgenome ignores Nia, and he lets himself fall from Teppelin, his body is seen plummeting to the ground. Nia gives a sad look at the ground as Simon walks towards her, then her look becomes determined and she stands back up.)
- Nia: Farewell, my Father. I Will... Head Towards Tomorrow (Episode 15: I Will Head Towards Tomorrow)
- Simon: SMASHING THROUGH BOTH KARMA AND FATE!
- Viral: The screams of life echo across the galaxy.
- Both: Raging Wave Combining! Ark-Gurren... LAGAAAANN!! HUOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! (Episode 22)
- Simon: Good Job, Leeron, we can always count on you.
- Leeron: I don't want just your words of praise, i want your burning heart too!
- Viral: Can i kill him?
- Simon: Just let it go. We need to get started. (Kyo-Mugann and Kū-Mugann combine into a saucer-like machine) Guess they can combine too, huh? (Ark-Gurren Lagann cracks his neck) COME ON! (The fused Muganns start to glow pink and charge towards Simon, a massive Spiral aura starts flowing around Ark-Gurren Lagann) Ark-Gurren Lagann... FULL POWER!! (Simon and Viral punch the Mugann, unleashing a massive amount of sparks)
- Simon: Alright Viral, let's do it!
- Viral: That suits me just FINE! (Ark-Gurren Lagann stops the Mugann's advance, clenches its right fist and prepares to punch)
- Simon: Have a taste of the Space-Time Shattering...
- Viral: Burst... Spinning...
- Both: PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!! (the Mugann is punched so hard it makes a hole in the Universe, it explodes inside the hole)(Episode 22)
- Nia: Even when trapped by karma's cycle...
- Yoko: The dreams we left behind will open the door!
- Leeron: Even if the universe stands in our way...
- Viral: Our seething blood will determine what we'll be!
- Simon: WE'LL BREAK THROUGH TIME AND SPACE!
- Team Dai-Gurren: AND DEFY ALL WHO WOULD STOP US TO GRAB HOLD OF OUR PATH!!!
- Simon: Tengen Toppa... GURREN LAGANN!
- Team Dai-Gurren: JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! (Episode 27, Lagann-Hen.)
(Lordgenome turns the Infinity Big Bang Storm into a ridiculously large drill with his head on the tip)
- Lordgenome: SIMON!! TAKE IIIIIT!!!
(Tengen Toppa Lagann grows pointy teeth, grabs the drill, and eats it. The power boost is so massive that Lagann launches drill tendrils from his back, impaling the other Tengen Toppa Gunmen, causing their flames to flare up, and releasing a blinding light on their cockpits)
- Simon: What's this energy?
- Nia: The last wish... of Father!!
- Simon: Alright... Guys, let's do the you-know-what!
- Jorgun, Balinbow, Kidd, Iraak, Zorthy and Makken: The what?
- Simon: Did you forget?! LET'S COMBINE!!!
(Tengen Toppa Lagann drags the other Tengen Toppa Gunmen towards him, and combines with them in the process, forming the humongous Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
- Anti-Spirals: What the hell?! You bastards are able to produce this massive energy?! We don't believe it!
- Simon: We evolve... beyond the person we were a minute before. Little by little, we advance a bit further with each turn. And THAT... IS HOW A DRILL WORKS!!
- Anti-Spiral: That, you dumbasses, is the path that leads to extinction! (Granzeboma suddenly grows to the size of STTGL) Why can't you see the pathetic limitation of the Spiral Races?!
(Super Granzeboma turns his right arm into a drill, which clashes with STTGL's own, forming a very weird shockwave)
- Simon: THAT'S YOUR LIMITATION, DUMBASS!! YOU SIT HERE CLOSED OFF, LOCKING AWAY OTHER LIFEFORMS LIKE SOME KIND OF KING!! THAT'S NO ONE'S LIMITATION BUT YOUR OWN!!!
- Yoko: HE'S RIGHT! WE HUMANS USED TO HAVE SOMEBODY MUCH GREATER THAN ANY OF US!! FOR HIS SAKE ALONE... WE'LL KEEP ON MOVING FORWARD!!!
- Nia: THE RESOLVE OF HUMANITY HAS NO LIMITS!! I'VE STAKED EVERYTHING, ON THE GREATNESS OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT TOO!!!
(The tips of both drills slip, causing an incomprehensibly huge explosion that's dwarfed by the giant energy beings fighting to the death)
- Simon: EAT THIS!! FINISHING MOVE! SUPER TENGEN TOPPA... GIGA... DRIIILLLL... BREEEEEEEEEAAAK!!!!!
- Anti-Spiral: Interesting... ANTI SPIRAL! GIGA... DRILL... BREEEEEEEEEEEAAK!!!!!
Just who the hell do you think we are!