The Forgotten (2004 film)
(Redirected from The Forgotten)
- I had life inside me. I had life. I have a child. I have a son. I have a son, and his name is Sam, you son of a bitch.
- Please tell me, no one will know that you spoke to us. I swear to you!
- Where is my son?
- Baseball is great. It's the only sport in the world that you can play while taking a nap.
- Did we get married?
Det. Anne Pope
- You don't know very much. National Security, huh? Better buy better locks.
- Telly Paretta, stop! I'm Detective Pope! I tracked the man to this house. I shot him in the leg, and nothing. He is not human! I believe you!
- Jim Paretta: My wife is delusional. She needs help.
- A Friendly Man: You need to FORGET!
- Dr. Munce: How much time did you spend at the dresser compared to last week?
- Telly: Less.
- Dr. Munce: How much less?
- Telly: I don't know exactly.
- Dr. Munce: You wanna make a guess, roughly, for the week?
- Telly: Oh, not even an hour a day.
- Telly: I had a son, his name was Sam. You son-of-a-bitch!
- Telly: Why did you change the picture? You replaced our book with an empty book. [shouts] You erased our son!
- Jim: I didn't change anything! They were always blank!
- Dr. Munce: Telly, you never had a son. Sometimes people go around and invent alternate lives, with imagined friends, and imagined families.
- Telly: Stop it! Why are you doing this? I am not making him up!
- Jim: I think it's great, you're starting to write again. What's your book going to be about?
- Telly: Psychotic women, and the men who love them.
- Telly: At first I thought it had something to do with the plane crash. Remember when that TWA plane crashed over Long Island? Everybody thought it was a missile, friendly fire, or some type of government cover-up.
- Ash: Yeah, I remember that.
- Telly: But then I thought, you know, 'How could the government erase our memories?' It's just not possible. So...
- Ash: What?
- Telly: So you don't think I'm out of my mind?
- Ash: I don't anymore.
- Telly: [Ash is hitting the NSA agaent they have strapped to a chair while questioning him for answers] Don't do that!
- Ash: What, this? [Ash hits him again]
- Telly: What have you done with him? Why did you take him? What do you want?
- A Friendly Man: It's an experiment.
- Telly: He's just a little boy. What could you possibly learn from him?
- A Friendly Man: Nothing.
- Telly: This wasn't about Sam. This wasn't about the children.
- A Friendly Man: It was never about the children.
- Telly: We were the experiment.
- A Friendly Man: Your connection, mother to child. Like an invisible tissue. We can even measure its energy. But we don't fully understand it, so I posed the question: "Can it be dissolved?" And it can. Except for you.
- Telly: Give me back my son and I'll do whatever you want.
- A Friendly Man: What I want, Telly, is for you to forget your son. To forget Sam.
- Telly: No.
- A Friendly Man: If you don't, this experiment will fail. I'm accountable. I can't let that happen. And time is running out.
- Telly: I won't help you.
- A Friendly Man: There are worse things than forgetting.
- Telly: No, there aren't.
- A Friendly Man: You need to forget. You're different from the others.
- Telly: Why?
- A Friendly Man: It's better this way. You won't be haunted by his memory. You could have a life again. Now, I want you to go back to that first day in the hospital. To the first time you ever saw Sam. I need that first memory. Give me that first memory! That boy. What was his name?
- Telly: What boy? I had life inside of me. I had life. I have a child. I have a son. I...have a son. His name is Sam, you son of a bitch.
- Telly: I'm Telly. Sam's mom.
- Ash: I'm Ash. I think we met before.
- You'll Never Forget The Ones You Love
- On September 24th everything you've experienced, everything you've known, never happened.
- On September 24th, you will be forgotten.
- Nothing can prepare you.
- Julianne Moore - Telly Paretta
- Christopher Kovaleski - Sam
- Matthew Pleszewicz - Sam at age 5
- Anthony Edwards - Jim Paretta
- Jessica Hecht - Eliot
- Gary Sinise - Dr. Jack Munce
- Dominic West - Ash Correll
- Linus Roache - A Friendly Man
- Alfre Woodard - Det. Anne Pope