The Langoliers (film)
The Langoliers is a 2 episode miniseries based on the novella of the same name by Stephen King. Each episode is two hours long, counting commercials.
- [After the plane goes through the time rip, she wakes up] Would somebody speak to me, please? I'm sorry but my aunt's gone and I'm blind.
- [About Toomey] There's something strange in that man's head.
- [About who Laurel is going to Boston] That's strange, isn't it? Fly all the way across the country for someone you've never even met before?
- [As he is about to go through the time rip.] Oh, my God! So beautiful!
- [After Albert has knocked Craig Toomey unconscious] You did this with a toaster?
- [Before attempting to smother the unconcious Toomey] This is more than you deserve, you bastard.
- [After stabbing Dinah and running away] She's not a little girl. She's not a little girl. She's one of them. She's the head Langolier.
- I have a meeting at Boston's Prudential Center at nine o'clock this morning! Promptly at nine o'clock! That's whats important. Now, I booked a seat on this conveyance, in good faith , and I have no intention of being late for that appointment! Now, I have three question for you. Number 1: who authorized an unscheduled stop for this airliner while I was asleep? Number 2: where that stop was made, and number 3: WHY, why was that done?
- [Last words before falling asleep just before going through the rip] So... beautiful.
- It's time to fish or cut bait.
- Gentlemen, the cola is very, very good today.
- [Bob is watching the Langoliers eat up the entire airport]
- Bob Jenkins: Now we know, don't we?
- Laurel Stevenson: Know what? We know what?
- Bob Jenkins: We know what happens to today when it becomes yesterday. It waits for them. It waits for them, the timekeepers of eternity. Always :following them behind, cleaning up the mess in the most efficient way possible: by eating it!
- [Engle informs the remaining passengers that they are diverting to Bangor]
- Craig Toomy: I have an important meeting in Boston this morning at nine O'clock! And I forbid you... from flying to some whistle-stop Maine airport! DO YOU HEAR ME?
- Laurel Stevenson: Can you please quiet down? You're scaring the little girl.
- Craig Toomy: Scaring the little girl? SCARING THE LITTLE GIRL?! LADY! We've been diverted to some tin... pot airport in the middle of nowhere! And I have more important things to think about than scaring a little girl!
- Don Gaffney: [Yelling] Hey, why don't you just sit down and shut up, or I'm gonna pop you one!
- Craig Toomey: [After a pause] You wouldn't do it alone, bud.
- Rudy Warwick: [walking in] He won't have to. I'll take a swing at you myself if you don't shut up.
- Craig Toomey: [sarcastically] I'm really scared now.
- Albert Kaussner: [Slightly nervous] I'll help them if you don't stop it, mister. I really will.
- [The camera view switches to what Toomey sees, showing him seeing them all in hideously ugly monster-like forms. Dinah, sensing what he can see, turns and looks into Toomey's eyes. Toomey looks back and then lets out a yell of pain, and after a long pause, smiles to the group]
- Craig Toomey': Okay. Okay, fine. You're all against me... that's fine. That's fine. [Sits down]
- Nick Hopewell: Do you ever watch Mr. Spock on Star Trek?
- Craig Toomy: What the hell are you talking about?
- Nick Hopewell: Just if you don't shut your cakehole, you bloody idiot, I'll be happy to demonstrate his Vulcan sleeper-hold for you.
- Albert Kaussner: You know something, don't you?
- Bob Jenkins: I might. But then I might not...
- Prepare yourself for the flight of your life!
- The grand master of suspense transports you to another dimension.