Thomas & Friends/Season 3
(Redirected from Thomas and Friends/Season 3)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends Season 3
A Scarf for Percy [3.1]
- Thomas: [tired of the blizzard] All I want is a warm boiler. Fire lighter knows that. He's late!
- Percy: He's not late. This weather woke us up early.
- Narrator: Gusts of wind swirled around the shed, tossing flakes of snow towards Thomas. Then they swooshed around Percy, too.
- Percy: Why don't we talk about something else?
- Thomas: Yes, like how silly we'll look when our funnels turn into icicles.
- Percy: That's not funny. Maybe we'll stop feeling cold if we talk about warm things, like sunshine and steam.
- Thomas: And fire lighters.
- Percy: [pictures himself in a scarf] Scarves!
- Thomas: Scarves?! That's what you need, Percy. A wooly scarf around your funnel.
- The Fat Controller: [seizes his top hat] Mine! Percy, look at this.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. I am, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: My best trousers, too.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. Please, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: We must pay the passengers for their spoiled clothes, and my trousers are ruined. I hope this will teach you not to play tricks with the coaches.
Percy's Promise [3.2]
- Harold: Sorry, Percy. Can't talk. I'm on high alert.
- Percy: Why?
- Harold: Bad weather's due. My help's always needed. Mind how you go, Percy.
- Percy: Ha! As long as I've got rails to run on, I can go anywhere, in any weather, anyhow. [leaves] Goodbye!
- The Fat Controller: Harold told me you were a wizard. He says he can beat you at some things, but not at being a submarine. I don't know what you to get up to sometimes, but I do know that you're a really useful engine.
Time For Trouble [3.3]
- James: You know, little Toby, I'm an important engine. Everyone knows it. I'm as regular as clockwork. Never late, always on time. That's me!
- Toby: Says you!
- One of the Children: The express is late, and it's got two engines! I think James couldn't pull it on his own, so Toby had to help him.
- Toby: Never mind, James. They're only joking.
- James: [crossly] HA!
- Narrator: Toby just smiled.
Gordon and the Famous Visitor [3.4]
- Gordon: Good riddance! Chattering all night. Who is he, anyway?
- Thomas: Duck told you, he's famous.
- Gordon: As famous as me? Nonsense!
- Thomas: He's famouser than you. He went 100 miles an hour before you were even thought of.
- Gordon: Ha! So he says! But I didn't like his looks. He's got no dome! Never trust domeless engines. They're not respectable. I never boast, but I'd say 100 miles an hour would be easy for me. Goodbye!
- Gordon: [rockets past] He did it! I'll do it! He did it! I'll do it!
- Duck: He'll knock himself to bits.
Donald's Duck [3.5]
- Duck: You don't understand, Donald, how much Sir Topham Hatt relies on me.
- Donald: Och, aye.
- Duck: I'm Great Western, and I...
- Donald: Quack! Quack! Quack!
- Duck: What?!
- Donald: Ye hear. Quack, quack, ya go. Sounds like you're an egg layer. Now wheesh, and let an engine sleep!
- Duck: Quack yourself!
- Donald: [about the egg under Duck's bunker] Well, well, well! Ye must've laid it in the night, Duck. All unbeknownst!
- Duck: You win, Donald. It'd take a clever engine to get the better of you!
Thomas Gets Bumped [3.6]
- Percy: [after the signal drops] Hurry up, Thomas! If you're late, the Fat Controller may get a new engine to replace you.
- Thomas: He would never do that.
- Thomas: Thank you for looking after my passengers.
- Bertie: That's all right, Thomas. I like to make new friends, but I'm glad to share them with you.
- Thomas: You're a good friend, indeed, and always will be.
Thomas, Percy and the Dragon [3.7]
- Percy: Wake up, Thomas! Are you dreaming about the time you thought I was a ghost?
- Thomas: Certainly not! Anyway, I was only pretending to be scared. I knew it was you, really.
- Percy: I hope the guard leaves the light on for you tonight.
- Thomas: Why? I quite like the dark.
- Percy: Oh, really?! I am surprised. I always thought you were afraid of the dark. I wonder why.
- Percy: You'll never guess what I saw last night.
- Gordon: I'm a busy engine. I don't have time for your games.
- Percy: I've seen a huge dragon. It was covered in lights!
- Gordon: You've been in the sun too long. Your dome has cracked!
Diesel Does It Again [3.8]
- Diesel: [approaches the shed] Good morning.
- Duck: What are you doing here?!
- Diesel: You're worthy Fat - uh, Sir Topham Hatt sent me. I hope you are pleased to see me again. I am to shunt some dreadfully tiresome trucks.
- Percy: Shunt where?
- Diesel: Where? Why from here to there. And then again, from there to here. Easy, isn't it?
- Trucks: OH!
- Diesel: GRRRRR!
- The Fat Controller: [to Diesel, after his mishap with the trucks earlier] The harbor master has told me everything. Things worked much better here before you arrived. I shall not be inviting you back! Now, Duck and Percy, I hope you won't mind having to handle the work by yourselves again.
- Percy: Oh, no, Sir.
- Duck: Yes, please, Sir.
Henry's Forest [3.9]
- [a storm hits the island, awakening the engines in the middle of the night]
- Thomas: Listen! Can you hear a strange whistling sound?
- Toby: It's the wind blowing outside our shed. But I've never heard it like this before.
- James: Do you know? If Gordon wasn't here now, I'd say it was him thundering by with the Express.
- Toby: [after the forest is damaged] Oh, dear. I wish there was something we could do to make things better again.
- Thomas: Yes, indeed. But what? We can't mend broken trees.
The Trouble With Mud [3.10]
- Thomas: [sees Gordon covered in mud] Hello, Gordon. You look as if you've had a mud bath. Be a sensible engine and have a shower instead.
- Gordon: I haven't time to dawdle over my appearance like fussy tank engines do.
- [at the washdown, James is finished]
- Driver: Come on, Gordon. You'll feel better, too, after a good hosedown.
- Gordon: BAH!
- [he angrily lets off steam, covering James in mud]
- Driver: You're a very naughty engine! Now James will need another shower! You'll have to wait your turn till later!
- Gordon: Good riddance! I'm far too busy to waste time with water!
No Joke for James [3.11]
- Narrator: Thomas was shunting shining new coaches.
- Thomas: Good morning, James!
- James: Are those coaches for me?
- Thomas: No. These are for Gordon's Express. I'll fetch your trucks next.
- Narrator: But James was going to play a trick on the other engines.
- James: Actually, Thomas, I'm taking the coaches. The Fat Controller asked me to tell you.
- Thomas: What about the trucks?
- James: Uh, give them to Gordon.
- Thomas' Driver: Come on, Thomas. Orders are orders.
- The Fat Controller: [having heard of James' recent antics] Some jokes are funny, but not this one, James. You have caused confusion!
- James: [disappointedly] Yes, Sir.
- The Fat Controller: You will now stay in your shed until you are wanted.
Thomas, Percy and the Post Train (UK) / Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train (US) [3.12]
- [as Percy arrives at Dryaw early in the morning, he notices a familiar being up in the air]
- Percy: Bother! It's that dizzy thing Harold!
- Harold: [lands] Good morning. I always said railways were out of date, but you're so slow with the mail. You should give everyone their stamps back. Post haste! [flies off]
- Percy: Bird brain!
- Thomas: Thank goodness I have a chance to speak to you. Driver says that the person in charge of the post has complained to the Fat Controller about the delay last night.
- Percy: But that wasn't my fault!
- Thomas: I know! And so does the Fat Controller. But this post person wouldn't listen. Tonight, we'll just have to be quicker than ever before.
- [suddenly, Harold flies back into the scene]
- Harold: I say, you two, there's news flying about.
- Percy: Where?!
- Harold: All over the place. They're going to scrap the mail train and use me instead. Wings work wonders, you know. [flies off again] Always.
- Thomas: Rubbish!
Trust Thomas [3.13]
- [Thomas sees James and Gordon looking miserable]
- Thomas: Cheer up. It's a beautiful day.
- Gordon: Yes, but not for James.
- Thomas: What's the matter?
- Gordon: He's sick!
- James: Yes, he is. I- I mean, I am! I don't feel well at all.
- Thomas: Don't worry. I'll help out if you're ill.
- James: I'm sorry about your accident. And so is Gordon. We didn't mean to get you into trouble.
- Gordon: No, indeed! A mere misunderstanding, Thomas. All's well that ends well.
- Toby: [to Mavis] I can't waste time playing "Hunt the Trucks" with you. Take them yourself!
- [upon hearing the bad news about Mavis]
- Toby: I warned her!
- Driver: She's young yet. And...
- Toby: She can manage her trucks herself!
- Driver: They're your trucks, really. Mavis is supposed to stay at the Quarry. If the Fat Controller finds out...
- Toby: Hmm, yes.
Toby's Tightrope [3.15]
- Percy: Cheer up, Mavis.
- Mavis: [about her previous troubles] Manager says I don't listen to his advice. He says I've no business jauntering down Toby's line. Toby's a fusspot!
- Percy: Toby has forgotten more about trucks than you will ever know. You must put the trucks where he wants them, then you'll be a Really Useful Engine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take these stones to the harbor.
- Mavis: [after saving Toby from the damaged bridge] I'm sorry about the trucks. I can't think how you managed to stop them in time.
- Toby: Oh, well. My driver told me about circus people who walk tightropes, but I just didn't fancy doing it myself.
Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party [3.16]
- Bertie: Hello, Trevor. Why are you dozing there like an old stick-in-the-mud?
- Trevor: I'm not dozing. I'm resting.
- Narrator: Then he told Bertie about the vicar's party.
- Bertie: I'll be there, too. I'm not sure people will want to ride on an old traction engine after traveling in a smart, red bus like me.
- Terence: [sees Bertie stuck in the mud] I'm the one who has to plow fields. We'd better get you out of here!
Buzz, Buzz (UK) / James Goes Buzz Buzz (US) [3.17]
- James: Hello, Trevor. You look as bright and cheerful as my red paint.
- Trevor: Oh, I am.
- James: What's that noise?
- Trevor: It's the bees. They're all in these boxy things called beehives. I'm taking them to the station. The Vicar says his bees make good honey and he's giving some of them to his friends.
- [BoCo arrives]
- BoCo: Take care, you two. Don't make the bees angry. They might sting you.
- [James ignores BoCo and leaves the orchard]
- BoCo: I remember the first time I met those two. They nearly made my eyes pop out. Edward soon put a stop to their games.
- Duck: Edward is the only one who can keep Bill and Ben in order. I sometimes call them the bees.
- BoCo: A good name. They're terrors when they start buzzing around.
- [James bustles in]
- James: What's that, Duck, are you afraid of bees? They're only insects after all, so don't let that buzz-box diesel tell you different.
- Duck: His name is BoCo, and he didn't. We–
- James: I wouldn't care if hundreds were swarming around! I'd just blow smoke and make them buzz off!
- Duck: Buzz, buzz, buzz.
All at Sea [3.18]
- Harold: [lands] Wakey-wakey!
- Duck: I'm looking at the boats.
- Harold: That's the regatta. Lots of boats. Lots of races. Great fun. I hover around in case I'm needed.
- Duck: Do you go to the horizon?
- Harold: Yes, and beyond.
- Percy: I didn't know there was a beyond.
- Duck: Do you go to other places at sea?
- Harold: Certainly. I can land on ships, you know. Anywhere, anytime. [flies off] Goodbye!
- Harold: My job is to stay at sea, in case of other emergencies. Otherwise, I would take this gentleman to the hospital myself. Must fly. Goodbye!
One Good Turn [3.19]
- [the twins bump into each other]
- Bill: I was here first!
- Ben: But you're in my way! You'll have to back up again.
- Bill: I won't!
- Ben: You will!
- Ben: I won't!
- [their argument stops as the Fat Controller shows up]
- The Fat Controller: If you don't behave, I shall not allow you here again.
- Edward: All this grumbling spreads bad atmosphere in the yard.
- BoCo: You're quite right. And that's why I've come up with a plan.
Tender Engines [3.20]
- [Duck catches Gordon taking on water from an ordinary stand pipe]
- Duck: I wouldn't drink too much of that water if I were you, Gordon. It might give you boiler-ache.
- Gordon: Pah! What's this? Educating Gordon Day?! First James, and now you, Duck! Big engines have big needs. Little engines are just annoying.
- Duck: Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Gordon: [disappointed after hearing Diesel's remark the day before] I'm not happy!
- Duck: I know. It's boiler-ache.
- Gordon: It's not boiler-ache. It's...
- Henry: Of course, it is. That water's bad. Have a good washout, then you'll feel a different engine. Your boiler must be full of sludge.
- Gordon: Don't be vulgar!
- Edward: Trevor and I are old friends, and you and he have a lot in common too.
- Douglas: Aye, and what would that be?
- Edward: Scrap.
- Douglas: Don't mention that word! It makes my wheels wobble!
- Edward: It does the same to Trevor. He was being sent to the scrap yard, but the vicar and I saved him, and now, he's really useful again. Even so, the Fat Controller certainly does need another steam engine here.
- Douglas: Aye, he does. And quickly!
- [a foreman catches Douglas escaping with Oliver and Toad]
- Foreman: Aha! A Great Western engine, and a brake van, too. You can't take these!
- Douglas: Aye! But they're all for us. See for yourself.
- [the foreman looks at Oliver]
- Foreman: Seems in order. Right away, guard!
Oliver Owns Up [3.22]
- Henry: Amazing.
- James: Oliver has resource.
- Gordon: And sagacity.
- Percy: What does that mean?
- Thomas: I think it's about being clever and wise.
- Gordon: He is an example to us all!
- Oliver: I'm sorry, Sir. I should've listened to Duck's advice. I don't feel... "good gracious", or whatever it is. I just feel silly.
- The Fat Controller: Well, Oliver, now you know the damage trucks can do.
- Oliver: Yes, I do, Sir. I look like a load of scrap iron.
- The Fat Controller: [laughs] Oh, I don't think so! But you do need to go to the works to be mended.
- [Bulgy stares at Duck's passengers]
- Bulgy: Stupid nonsense. I wouldn't have brought them if I'd known. I'd have had a breakdown or something.
- Duck: I'm glad you didn't. You'd have spoiled their fun.
- Bulgy: Bah! Enjoyment is all you engines live for. One day, railways will be ripped up!
- Duck: We have a friend called Bertie, and he's a bus, but he likes the railway. Sometimes he teases us about it, but he'd never wanna see it ripped up!
- Bulgy: Hmph! I know Bertie. He's too small in size to be of any use. [leaves]
- Duck: That bus is silly.
- Oliver: Bulgy's friend has come. He's rude too! He's taking Bulgy's passengers home, leaving Bulgy free to steal ours!
- Duck: But he can't!
- Oliver: Bulgy says he can get them to the big station before us!
- Duck: Rubbish! It's much farther by road!
- Oliver: Yeah! But Bulgy says he knows a shortcut!
- Gordon: [as the twins show up] You must behave here. You're on the Main Line now.
- Ben: Actually, Gordon, when we saw you, we thought this was the scrap yard.
- Gordon: [crossly] Just make sure that my coaches are ready for my evening train!
- [the twins hear a rumbling sound]
- Bill: That's a strange noise. I've never heard a noise like that before.
- Driver: I have. It sounds like a rock slide to me!
Percy, James and the Fruitful Day [3.25]
- James: Really reliable. That's me! Pity the same can't be said for Percy! Good-bye! [puffs away]
- Annie and Clarabel: What was all that about?
- Thomas: That was trouble. Trouble for James. Just wait and see.
- Thomas: You know, there's more than one way to get jammed. We all learned that today. What's more, we also learned that sometimes, when engines help each other out of a jam, things can still go wrong.
- Voice: So?
- Thomas: So, that means we learned a lot today. And therefore...
- All engines: We're really useful engines after all!
Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure (UK) / Thomas and Percy's Mountain Adventure (US) [3.26]
- Percy: Beep! Beep! Wake up, lazywings! The mountain villagers need your help! They're stranded!
- Harold: Whizzo! I like an emergency to keep me warm.
- [after the village is saved]
- Villagers: Well done, Percy! Well done, Thomas! You're the best Santa Claus this village has ever had!
- Percy: What's a Santa Claus?
- Thomas: Santa Claus is someone who drops presents down chimneys at Christmas time.
- Percy: [looks up at his funnel] I wonder if...
- Thomas: [laughs] No! Chimneys, Percy! Not funnels! Which reminds me, your mail train is still back at the siding. Isn't it?