- Professor Sam Tucker: [narrating] Once in a great while, mankind unlocks a secret so profound that our future is altered forever. Fire, electricity, splitting the atom. At the dawn of the 31st century, we unlocked another. It had the potential to change humanity's role in the universe. We called it, the Titan project, and it was a testament to the limitless power of the human imagination. Perhaps that's what the Drej feared most, for... [sighs] ...it brought them down upon us without warning, and without mercy. Cale, that day, the day the Drej descend from the sky, the only thing that mattered was keeping you safe.
- Professor Sam Tucker: [to Cale] Cale, I have to go on a different ship. I have to go away for a while.
- Young Cale: No, dad! No!
- Firrikash: [to Cale] Hey, Cale.
- Cale: Firrikash. [to Po] Po, how's it floatin'?
- Firrikash: You pulled a nasty stunt back there.
- Po: We don't like your attitude. You've been a little uppity.
- Cale: Up... Up... Is that so? Well, I'm gonna have to work on that.
- [a fight ensues between the 3. Korso arrives to break it up]
- Korso: [after restraining Po and Firrikash with a rope] You wanna hunt humans? Just remember, we travel in packs. [sics a gun at Cale]
- Cale: What are you doing?!
- Korso: It’s commonly known as helping.
- Cale: [to Tek, after escaping from Firrikash and Po] I've gotta be scarce for a while.
- Korso: [slides into the seat next to Cale] You don't know the half of it.
- Cale: Are you still bothering people? Hey, go away!
- Korso: [to Tek] Great job with the kid, Tek. He's a charmer.
[the Drej have destroyed the Cook's food]
Cook: [grieves over his destroyed food] Oh, my food! [to Cale and Korso, as he gets furious] You guys are... You're terrible! You're unsanitary! Oh, I hope that they catch you, and I'll testify against you, and you'll never get outta jail! [Cale and Korso quickly escape out of the kitchen while fending off the Drej] Then you’ll get all the ketchup you want!
- Preed: [sarcastically] Such motherly concern for the subject.
- Cale: Why am I naked?
- Preed: You positively glow with maternal warmth, Akima. It's very touching. I must have you.
- Akima: In your dreams.
- Preed: Akrennians don't dream, remember?
- Akima: They don't bathe much either.
- Cale: [clears his throat] I'm still naked here.
- Gune: [holding up a small device] Does this look familiar? Do you know what it is? Neither do I. I made it last night in my sleep. Apparently I used Gindrogac. Highly unstable.
- Preed: Gune...
- Gune: I put a button on it. Yes. I wish to press it, but I'm not sure what will happen if I do.
[Korso is calling Preed on the communicator, Gune runs to Preed]
- Gune: Preed! Preed! Preed! Aren't you supposed to be watching for the Drej?!
- Preed: [not paying attention because he’s too busy trying to kill a grasshopper with the gun] Yes, Caveman. Drej bad, we good. Now go look at something shiny for a while!
[to grasshopper, who’s directly in the gun’s crosshairs; Preed fires at him several more times] How’s this?!
- Gune: Well, you'd better look again!
- [Preed looks up from the gun and sees Drej in hydrogen trees]
- Gune and Preed: [shout] DREJ!
[Gune trips up ramp while going into ship]
- Akima: What exactly are we looking for?
- Cale: This ship's gonna help save mankind!
- Akima: What exactly are we looking for?
- Cale: Not a clue.
- Korso: [after Preed captures Akima and Cale] How long were they standing there?
- Akima: Long enough.
- Cale: You lied. Everything you said, everything you told me...?
- Korso: Not everything. Your father hid his ship, then the Drej killed him. All because he couldn't face the truth!
- Cale: [angrily] Yeah?! What is the truth?!
- Korso: That the human race is outta gas! It’s circlin’ the drain! It’s finished! The only thing that matters is grabbin’ whatcha can before somebody else beats ya to it.
- Cale: No! I don't believe that!
- Korso: Then you're even more like your father than I thought - a fool.
- [Gune has been injured by a bomb]
- Stith: Gune, are you all right?
- Gune: I'm...all right...for business. [chokes] I'll just take a little...nap, since I'm so...very sleepy. [seemingly dies. However, he is later seen on the ship, battling the Drej] I've finished my nap!
- Akima: What are you going to call it?
- Cale: I think I'll call it... 'Bob'.
- Akima: Bob?
- Cale: You don't like Bob?
- Akima: You can't call a planet 'Bob'!
- Cale: Oh, so now you're the boss. You're the king of Bob.
- Akima: Well, no, but...
- Cale: What?
- Akima: Can't we just call it 'Earth'?
- Cale: Well, no one said you had to live... on Bob.
- Akima: [laughing as she leans in to kiss Cale] I'm never... calling it... that.
- Get ready for the human race.
- Prepare for life after Earth.
- When Earth ends, The Adventure Begins.
- The Next Generation In Filmed Animation.
About Titan AE
- The main problem I found was that the script really didn't have that much of a heart in it, so I guess that's where I applied my energies.
- So we started into it, and we figured out that we were going to have to do CGI animation and Live-Action on screen at the same time. 65% of the picture is CGI. That's a big mix. When you marry those two, they can either look very foreign to each other, or they look like they belong together. That was one of our biggest challenges; to make them look OK together.
- The end product? Hmmmm...There's a lot of directors on this movie; although maybe the screen says directed by Joss Whedon, don't believe it. That movie has at least 8 directors on it, and it seems like a lot of them have had their 2 cents put in here and there, which can make a little bit of muddy water, and not quite clear in some places. I think the movie is entertaining and it will grab you and it does have some nice things to say. If I hadn't worked on the movie? Yeah, I'd probably still go see it. I think it'll do well, and I believe it will get into the black; which is a big deal. Is it my very favorite movie? No. I prefer that animation reach into places where live action doesn't go, and it seems like all of animation nowadays is trying to go where live action is.
- Matt Damon— Cale Tucker
- Drew Barrymore — Akima
- Bill Pullman — Joseph Korso
- Nathan Lane — Preed
- John Leguizamo — Gune
- Janeane Garofalo — Stith
- Christopher Scarabosio — Drej Queen
- Tone Loc — Tek
- Jim Breuer — Cook
- David Lander — Mayor