Archaeology is the study of human cultures through the recovery, documentation and analysis of material remains and environmental data, including architecture, artifacts, biofacts, human remains, and landscapes.
- He that diggeth a pit, shall fall into it.
- King James Bible Proverbs 26:27,
- Dug from the tomb of taste-refining time,
- Each form is exquisite, each block sublime.
- Or good, or bad,—disfigur’d, or deprav’d,—
- All art, is at its resurrection sav’d;
- All crown’d with glory in the critic’s heav’n,
- Each merit magnified, each fault forgiven.