|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "...our notions of what a human being is problematically depend on there being two coherent genders. And if someone doesn't comply with either the masculine norm or the feminine norm, their very humaness is called into question."
- Judith Butler The Believer Magazine - Interview - Issue 2
- "As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag." ~ Patti Smith, quoted in Levine, Martin P. (1998). Gay Macho, New York: New York University Press. ISBN 0814746942.
- "Women forgive but never forget; men forget but never forgive." ~ Robert Jordan, in the Wheel of Time series
- "The real problem between the sexes is that for men, sex is a gender-underliner, they need it for their egos. We don’t need sex to make us feel we are the person we need to be." ~ Carol Clewlow, British authoress. From her interview in The Observer newspaper, 19th February 1989
- People are born female or male but learn to be girls and boys who grow into women and men. This learned behaviour makes up gender identity and determines gender roles. ~ Taken from the World Health Organisation Website, The Dept. of Gender, Women and Health (GWH), ‘Integrating gender analysis and actions into the work of WHO.’
- "For the female of the species is more deadly than the male." ~ Rudyard Kipling ‘The Female of the Species’, Rudyard Kipling’s Verse (1919)
- "Man is a ribald—Man’s a rake,
Man is Nature’s sole mistake!" ~ W. S. Gilbert, Princess Ida, Act II
- "...modelling is a form of pornography. The beauty shows have been a major platform for the reduction of women from full human beings into mere objects to be admired".
- Asher Mutsengi, They reduce women into objects.