Avatar (2009 film)
Avatar is a 2009 American epic science fiction film written and directed by James Cameron. Released on 18 December 2009 by 20th Century Fox, the film broke several box office records and became the highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S.-Canadian market as well as worldwide.
Jake Sully 
- [first lines] When I was at the VA, with a hole blown through my life, I had these dreams of flying. I was free. Sooner or later, though, you always have to wake up.
- I became a marine for the hardship. Told myself I can pass any test a man can pass. All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for.
- Everything is backwards now, like out there is the real world and this is the dream.
- They're not going to give up their home. They're not going to make a deal. Pff – for what? A light beer and blue jeans? There's nothing that we have that they want. Everything they sent me out here to do is a waste of time. They're never going to leave Hometree.
- This is how it's done. When people are sitting on shit that you want, you make 'em your enemy. Then you justify taking it.
- I dreamed I was a soldier who could bring peace. Sooner or later, though, you always have to wake up.
- Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move.
- [Explaining his attempt to capture the legendary Toruk] Way I figure it, Toruk's the baddest cat in the sky. Nobody attacks him. So why would he ever look up? That was just the theory.
- The Sky-People have sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want... and no one can stop 'em. ...Well, we will send them a message: ...you ride out as fast as a wing can carry, ...you tell the other clans to come, ...you tell them Toruk Makto calls to them. ...You fly now, with me, ...my brothers, ...sisters, ...and we will show the Sky-People ...that they cannot take whatever they want ...and that this ...this is our land!
- Well, uh, I guess this is my last video log. Whatever happens tonight, either way, I'm not going to be coming back to this place. Well, I guess I better go. I don't wanna be late for my own party. It's my birthday, after all. This is Jake Sully signing off.
- [repeated line] I See you.
- [After Jake asks why she saved him from the Viperwolves] You have a strong heart. No fear – but stupid! Ignorant, like a child.
- [To Jake, as he is put to the test of bonding with an Ikran] Now you choose your Ikran. This you must feel inside. If he also chooses you, move quick like I showed you. You will have one chance, Jake.
Dr. Grace Augustine 
- Just relax and let your mind go blank. That shouldn't be too hard for you.
- I'm a scientist, remember, and I don't believe in fairy tales.
- They're pissing on us without even the courtesy of calling it rain.
- [To Jake after announcing that they are transferring facilities] I'm not about to let Quartich and Selfridge micromanage this thing.
- Yeah, that tends to happen when you use machine guns on them.
- [about the Tree of Souls] I would die to get some samples.
- [after getting shot] This is gonna ruin my whole day.
- [last words to Jake] I'm with her. She's real!
Colonel Quaritch 
- [Briefing new recruits on the dangers of Pandora] You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second of every day. If there is a Hell, you might want to go there for a little R&R after a tour on Pandora.
- As head of security it is my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. Not with all of you. If you wish to survive, you have to cultivate a strong mental attitude. You have to obey the rules. Pandora rules.
- This low gravity'll make you soft. You get soft...and Pandora will shit you out dead with zero warning.
- You haven't got lost in the woods, have you? You still remember what team you're playing for?
- You let me down, son. So, what – you, you found yourself some local tail, and you just completely forget what team you're playing for?
- Our only security lies in pre-emptive attack. We will fight terror with terror. Now, the hostiles believe that this mountain stronghold of theirs is well protected by their – their deity. And when we destroy it, we will blast a crater in their racial memory so deep that they won't come within a thousand klicks of this place ever again.
- Nothing's over while I'm breathing!
- Hey Sully, how does it feel to betray your own race?
- I want this mission high and tight. I want to be home for dinner.
Trudy Chacon 
- [while flying] You should see your faces.
- [after not fighting] I didn't sign up for this shit!
- [after having attacked Col. Quaritch] Oops. You're not the only one with a gun, bitch!
- Jake: [As sacred seeds gather around him, and land on him] What are they?
- Neytiri: Seeds of the sacred tree – very pure spirits.
- Mo'at: Why did you come here?
- Jake: I came here to learn.
- Mo'at: We have tried to teach other Sky People. It is hard to fill a cup which is already full.
- Jake: My cup's empty. Trust me, just ask Dr. Augustine. I'm no scientist.
- Mo'at: What are you, then?
- Jake: I was a Marine. A warrior of the... "Jarhead" clan
- Neytiri: Now you choose your Ikran. This you must feel inside. If he also chooses you, move quick, like I showed you. You will have one chance, Jake.
- Jake: How will I know if he chooses me?
- Neytiri: He will try to kill you.
- Jake: [after a brief pause] Outstanding!
- Dr. Grace Augustine: [upon meeting Jake] Yeah, I know who you are, but I don't need him; I need your brother. You know, the Ph.D. who spent 3 years preparing for this project.
- Jake Sully: He's dead. I know it's a big inconvenience for everyone.
- Dr. Grace Augustine: How much lab training have you had!?
- Jake Sully: I dissected a frog once.
- Dr. Grace Augustine: See! They're pissing on us without even having the courtesy of calling it rain.
- Neytiri: You are Omaticaya now. You may make your bow from the wood of Hometree. And you may choose a woman. We have many fine women. Ninat is the best singer.
- Jake Sully: I don't want Ninat.
- Neytiri: Peyral is a good hunter.
- Jake Sully: Yes, she is a good hunter. But I've already chosen. But this woman must also choose me.
- Neytiri: [smiles] She already has.
- [They kiss]
- Trudy: We'll have to fly VFR from here
- Jake Sully: What does that mean?
- Trudy: That means you have to see where you are flying.
- Jake Sully: But you cant see anything!
- Trudy: Exactly, ain't that a bitch!
Theme song 
- "I See You", written by James Horner, Thaddis Harrell, and Simon Franglen, sung by Leona Lewis – YouTube video
- Walking through a dream, I see you
My light in darkness breathing hope of new life
Now I live through you and you through me, enchanted
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends.
- Now I give my hope to you, I surrender –
I pray in my heart that this world never ends.
I see me through your eyes
Breathing new life, flying high
Your love shines the way into paradise –
So I offer my life –
I offer my love for you.