Down to Earth (2001 film)
Down to Earth is a 2001 comedy film directed by Chris and Paul Weitz, the team who directed and helped create American Pie. Down to Earth stars Chris Rock as a comedian, Lance, who is killed before his time. It is a remake of the 1978 film, Heaven Can Wait.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Lance: I had a hard enough time trying to get this girl as a rich white man. Do you know how hard it's going to be to try to get her as a broke black man?
- Lance: My father's so cheap... that when we went to bed, he'd unplug the alarm clocks. "You can't tell time when you are asleep."
[after learning that he wasn't supposed to die]
- Lance: You killed me! You killed me! You killed me!
- Lance: Tiger Woods, Y'all, Tiger Woods, Y'all! Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Woods, Y'all!
- Lance: Shut up before I crush you with my wallet!
- Mr. King: First, you make Frank Sinatra wait for a table...
- Keyes: He didn't have a jacket.
- Mr. King: HE'S FRANK SINATA! HE CAN WEAR WHATEVER HE WANTS!
- Lance: From now on, we need to make a new slogan. If you get shot in the head, you get a bed. If you head is bloody, we're your buddy.
- Lance: Didn't your momma ever tell you to carry an extra handcuff key?
- Lance: Look, I don't have a problem with Sontee. I want to ask her on a date.
- Mrs. Wellington: Oh, Charles!
- Lance: Don't "Oh, Charles" me! You were going to have sex on the pool table! You got an 8 ball in your ass!
- Lance: We're going in there. If you can walk, let's walk. If you can't walk, it's time to roll. If you have crutches, then crutch your ass in there!