An ideology is a collection of ideas.
- At its core, the battle unfolding in the Middle East is more than a clash of arms. It is an ideological struggle. On one side are the forces of terror and death. On the other are tens of millions of ordinary people who want a free and peaceful life for their children. The future of the Middle East depends on the outcome of this struggle, and so does the security of the United States.
- The emphasis of study upon a particular aspect of music is in itself ideological because it contains implications about the music's value.
- The only value of ideology is to stop things becoming showbiz.
- The problem with ideology is, if you've got an ideology, you've already got your mind made up. You know all the answers and that makes evidence irrelevant and arguments a waste of time. You tend to govern by assertion and attacks.
- Bill Clinton former president of the USA, 18th Oct 2006 , at an event sponsored by the Center for American Progress.